Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File .profile-EIS
Operating Systems Solaris File .profile-EIS Post 302400149 by jlliagre on Tuesday 2nd of March 2010 10:35:54 AM
Old 03-02-2010
This file isn't part of Solaris but related to a service described here: Sun - Installation Services - Installing systems, installing servers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changed .profile but didnt ./.profile, yet reflected changes

hi , i added ls -F to .profile. and i need to do ./.profile for the effect to take effect BUT i didnt and YET the next day when i came to work and log in, the changes took effect. i am on aix. please explain.. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I modify the .bashrc file instead of .profile file to customize my login?

Hello, I got this question which tells me to customize my login script. Some people in the forums suggested to modify the .profile file in my home directory. I did so, but none of my customizations show up when I open the terminal after. So, I tried to modify other files in my home directory,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hyunkel
1 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

trap in etc/profile and user .profile

Hello I really wonder what's trap in etc/profile and in each user .profile. I try to google for it but I think I have no luck. Mostly hit is SNMP traps which I think it is not the same thing. I want to know ... 1. What's a "trap 2 3" means and are there any other value I can set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smith
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Where to download EIS-DVD?

Anywhere we able to get EIS-DVD or it is only for Sun partnership company? Is it copyrighted. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: webster5u
6 Replies

5. Solaris

EIS-DVD Version

how to know which eis-dvd version is installed on the system ? and is there a way to get EIS-DVD for March past year (2009) ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No .profile file

Hi All, I just have a small question. I was wondering what would happen if there was no .profile file. I understand that the aliases and my path related commands wouldnt work, however i wanted to know if i would still be able to use the ls,cp,mv.... commands without a .profile file. If... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu_shekar
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

.profile file on each terminal

Hello All, I create an oracle user, on my Solaris OS. i modified my .profile file on the oracle home. the problem that each time i want my variables to work, ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_BASE ... i have to run the .profile file (. ./.profile) and each time i exit the terminal i have to run again so... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: beayni33
7 Replies

8. Solaris

How to Install EIS DVD for SPARC (solaris 10)

hello, i need to install eis dvd (recommanded patches) dvd for a client, but i don't know the procedure, can you please help? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: feg
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

/etc/profile file not executed

Hi Experts, On one of hp-ux box I have writen the code to disable the direct login for some of the users in /etc/profile file. However when logging into terminal seems /etc/profile is not executed and users are still able to directly login into the terminal. Default shell for user is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
3 Replies

10. Solaris

EIS Patch JumpStart

Dear Gurus, What is the proper method, steps and configs for me to perform EIS Patch installation through JumpStart Server-Client for Solaris 10? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NewSolarisSquad
1 Replies
purple-url-handler(1)						   User Commands					     purple-url-handler(1)

NAME
purple-url-handler - Python script to handle URL with purple SYNOPSIS
purple-url-handler [-URL] DESCRIPTION
Python script to handle URL with purple. OPTIONS
Usage: purple-url-handler URL Example: purple-url-handler "xmpp:romeo@montague.net?message" ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-im-client | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
purple-remote(1), purple-send(1), purple-send-async(1), attributes(5) purple-url-handler Manual, http://pidgin.im/ NOTES
Updated by Lei Ju, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 02 Apr 2008 purple-url-handler(1)