Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Compare 2 systems to find any differences Post 302400099 by methyl on Tuesday 2nd of March 2010 07:51:39 AM
Old 03-02-2010
First look for error messages in the mail log. If the log is empty or old, suspect that sendmail is not running.
/var/adm/syslog/mail.log

Then compare these files ensuring that they are different where the local machine is mentioned and the same where the mail relay server is mentioned:
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf
/etc/mail/sendmail.cw
/etc/mail/service.switch
/etc/nsswitch.conf

And check all relevant entries in:
/etc/hosts

And just in case it is actually working, look at the contents of:
/var/mail

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare 2 files for a single column and output differences

Hi, I have a column in 2 different files which i want to compare, and output the results to a different file. The columns are in different positions in those 2 files. File 1 the column is in position 10-15 File 2 the column is in position 15-20 Please advise Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samit_9999
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare File Differences in different directories

Hello, I am new to scripting and have been trying to compare two different directories, but with all the same file names in each directory for file changes. I have been doing it in baby steps and have been doing pretty good, but I have hit a few snags. Test 1 and Test 2 work great, but my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmaday
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two text files and Only show the differences

Hi experts, I'mvery new to shell scripting and learning it now currently i am having a problem which may look easy to u :) i have two files File 1: Start :Thu Nov 19 10:33:09 2009 ABCDGFSDJ.txt APDemoNew.ppt APDemoOutline.doc ARDemoNew.ppt ARDemoOutline.doc File 2: Start... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: CelvinSaran
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare and merging the differences in text file

Hi i have gone through some sdiff command it shows the differences side by side and its really awesome file 1: this tool is for checking the differ merging with flower pots documentation file 2: this t ool is for checking the differ mergin g with flower pots documentation ... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
27 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to compare 2nd and 3rd field and print the differences

need a one liner to compare 2nd and 3rd field and print values that are not matched in 2nd field Input col 2 col 3 1.1.1.1 11.11.11.11 8.8.8.8 0.0.0.0 3.3.3.3 2.2.2.2 7.7.7.7 3.3.3.3 5.5.5.5 1.1.1.1 4.4.4.4 6.6.6.6 9.9.9.9 output 7.7.7.7 ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to compare the two files and list out differences between the two

Hi, I need to compare the two files and list out difference between the two. Please assist. Best regards, Vishal (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two big files for differences using Linux

Hello everybody Looking for help in comparing two files in Linux(files are big 800MB each). Example:- File1 has below data $ cat file1 5,6,3 2.1.4 1,1,1 8,9,1 File2 has below data $ cat file2 5,6,3 8,9,8 1,2,1 2,1,4 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shanul karim
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare two big files for differences using Linux

Hello everybody Looking for help in comparing two files in Linux(files are big 800MB each). Example:- File1 has below data $ cat file1 5,6,3 2.1.4 1,1,1 8,9,1 File2 has below data $ cat file2 5,6,3 8,9,8 1,2,1 2,1,4 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanul karim
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell Script to Compare Files and Email the differences

Hi, I have 2 files abc.txt and bdc.txt. I am using $diff -y abc.txt bcd.txt -- compared the files side by side I would like to write a Shell Script to cmpare the files side by side and print the results( which are not matched) in a side by side format and save the results in another... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuvv
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare directories and copy differences (files) in a another directory

Hey im working on script that can compare 2 directory and check difference, then copy difference files in third diretory. here is the story: in folder one we have 12 subfolder and in each of them near 500 images hosted. 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 in folder 2 we have same subfolder... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
2 Replies
MASKTEST(1)							    Test Suite							       MASKTEST(1)

NAME
masktest - Find differences in wildcard matching between Samba's implementation and that of a remote server. SYNOPSIS
masktest {//server/share} [-U user%pass] [-d debuglevel] [-W workgroup] [-n numloops] [-s seed] [-a] [-E] [-M max protocol] [-f filechars] [-m maskchars] [-v] DESCRIPTION
masktest is a utility for detecting differences in behaviour between Samba's own implementation and that of a remote server. It will run generate random filenames/masks and check if these match the same files they do on the remote file as they do on the local server. It will display any differences it finds. This utility is used by the Samba team to find differences in behaviour between Samba and Windows servers. OPTIONS
-U user%pass Specify the user and password to use when logging on on the shares. This parameter can be specified twice (once for the first server, once for the second). -s seed Seed the random number generator with the specified value. -n numops Set the number of operations to perform. -a Print the operations that are performed. -M max_protocol Maximum protocol to use. -f Specify characters that can be used when generating file names. Default: abcdefghijklm. -E Abort when difference in behaviour is found. -m maskchars Specify characters used for wildcards. -v Be verbose VERSION
This man page is correct for version 4.0 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
Samba AUTHOR
This utility is part of the Samba[1] suite, which is developed by the global Samba Team[2]. masktest was written by Andrew Tridgell. This manpage was written by Jelmer Vernooij. NOTES
1. Samba http://www.samba.org/ 2. Samba Team http://www.samba.org/samba/team/ Samba 4.0 06/17/2014 MASKTEST(1)