Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Configuring interface in zone Post 302400087 by hergp on Tuesday 2nd of March 2010 07:12:41 AM
Old 03-02-2010
If your zone is configured with an exclusive IP, then the interface comes up with the nonglobal zone and is usable in the nonglobal zone only, which is indicated by the zone property in the output of ifconfig in the global zone:

Code:
e1000g1: flags=...
        zone myzone
        inet ...

In theory it is possible that an interface comes up in the global zone at system boot and later it is assigned to the non-global zone when it comes up. But I don't know, if the zone boot process supports this or requires the interface to be down or even unplumbed when the nonglobal zone is booted.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuring networking interface on Sun Blade 1500

Hi, I am attempting to configure my ethernet interface on a Sun Blade 1500. I am testing out my network interface my connecting a crossover cable from my blade to a windows box. I would like to assign an ip address of 10.0.0.2 to "bge0" and netmask of "255.0.0.0". I have typed the following: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: annointed3
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to assign a dedicated network interface to a non-global zone?

We got a network card(e1000g0) with 1gb of speed and working with global zone. We got a new network interface card, we have to place that in slot and we have to use that card as dedicated network interface to the non-global zone(hyd_app) in V890. As i never done this before, please explain me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
2 Replies

4. SCO

Change SCO - GUI or Desktop interface to DOS based interface

Hi all I have installed a demo version of SCO OpenServer 5.0.2, I finally found it is Desktop Interface, I would like to know how to change its interface to dos based interface? If you have any ideas, please tell me then. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Zone failes to boot due to mount issue, dir exists in zone.

I have two physical servers, with zones that mount local storage. We were using "raw device" in the zonecfg to point to a metadevice on the global zone (it was not mounted in the global zone at any point). It failed to mount on every boot because the directory existed in the zone. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 9 zone wont boot - interface in use

We have a Solaris 10 system with a solaris 9 branded zone. Trying to create a new lo interfaces i ended up rebooting the zone. The zone will not come up, it ran fine before i tried this. When i run the zoneadm -z zone-s9 boot command i get "zoneadm: zone 'zone-s9': lo0:2: could not bring... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 10: I forgot to detach a zone before zpool export. Uninstall zone?

Dear all, recently, I migrated a solaris zone from one host to another. The zone was inside of a zpool. The zpool cotains two volumes. I did the following: host1: $ zlogin zone1 shutdown -y -g0 -i0 #Zone status changes from running to installed $ zpool export zone1 host2: $ zpool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: custos
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Configuring zone and LDOM boot order

Is anyone aware of a method of configuring the boot order of zones and or LDOMS? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
2 Replies
getzonelabelbyid(3TSOL) 			       Trusted Extensions Library Functions				   getzonelabelbyid(3TSOL)

NAME
getzonelabelbyid, getzonelabelbyname, getzoneidbylabel - map between zones and labels SYNOPSIS
cc [flags...] file... -ltsol [library...] #include <tsol/label.h> m_label_t *getzonelabelbyid(zoneid_t zoneid); m_label_t *getzonelabelbyname(const char *zonename); zoneid_t *getzoneidbylabel(const m_label_t *label); DESCRIPTION
The getzonelabelbyid() function returns the mandatory access control (MAC) label of zoneid. The getzonelabelbyname() function returns the MAC label of the zone whose name is zonename. The getzoneidbylabel() function returns the zone ID of the zone whose label is label. All of these functions require that the specified zone's state is at least ZONE_IS_READY. The zone of the calling process must dominate the specified zone's label, or the calling process must be in the global zone. RETURN VALUES
On successful completion, the getzonelabelbyid() and getzonelabelbyname() functions return a pointer to a sensitivity label that is allo- cated within these functions. To free the storage, use m_label_free(3TSOL). If the zone does not exist, NULL is returned. On successful completion, the getzoneidbylabel() function returns the zone ID with the matching label. If there is no matching zone, the function returns -1. ERRORS
The getzonelabelbyid() and getzonelabelbyname() functions will fail if: ENOENT The specified zone does not exist. The getzonelabelbyid() function will fail if: ENOENT No zone corresponds to the specified label. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Intro(2), getzonenamebyid(3C), getzoneidbyname(3C), libtsol(3LIB), m_label_free(3TSOL), attributes(5), labels(5) NOTES
The functionality described on this manual page is available only if the system is configured with Trusted Extensions. SunOS 5.11 20 Jul 2007 getzonelabelbyid(3TSOL)