Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dump command fault
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers dump command fault Post 302400040 by semosam on Tuesday 2nd of March 2010 05:32:51 AM
Old 03-02-2010
thanks methyl for replay
but the solution were :
dump -0f /dev/hdc /home
and it worked correctly
regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dump Command in Linux

Can anybody tell me please how to use the "dump" command in Linux command. dump -0u /destination /sourcefile or device file. Please correct me. -regards -Iftikhar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syedifti
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls command - Segmentation fault

hi, when i give ls command, it gives me segmentation fault. Please let me know how can i correct the same. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: angurajbabu
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

backup NetApp using dump command

I have been trying to backup my NetApp /vol/vol0 data to local tape drive. It is around 68GB. The tape I am using is DLT tape and should be able to handle 70GB data. However, dump always aborted around reaching 57~58GB data. Tape drive is attached on NetApp. 1st try to dump /vol/vol0 to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yellowfish
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dump command

For ufsdump you type in a "dump level". The man command mentions levels 0-9 and gives examples. Can anyone define what each level refers to? What does a level 0 dump mean? What is a level 9 dump? What are the differences? Thanks in advance:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Patman
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Dump and restore command usage ??

Hi, I am using RHEL 4.0 I need to take backup of a directory and then restore it to some other location. For taking Backup of final directory, I am using this code: dump -0aj -f /home/vicky/final.dump /home/vicky/final/ Now, I am trying to restore this final.dump to some other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas027
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dump command

Hi all, I am using embedded linux with my own RFS. But I want to use the dump command to try and solve some errors, but I don't know in wich package I can find the dump command. I hope someone can help me. With kind regards, Jurrian Dubbeldam (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jurrian
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

memory fault(core dump)

i am getting memory fault (core dump) in a C program i want to know which statement execution caused it. i tried following things $ gdb generalised_tapinread_mod HP gdb 5.4.0 for HP Itanium (32 or 64 bit) and target HP-UX 11.2x. Copyright 1986 - 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: junaid.nehvi
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Segmentation Fault and Core dump

Hi All, I have this dbt since long ... What is the difference between Segmentation Fault and Core Dump ? As far as I know Seg fault is due to memory leakage or memory which cannot be accessed. Please let me know if I am wrong. Can some one tell me what is the diff between Segmentation... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Segmentation fault with ID command

root@xxx # id uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root),1(bin),... root@xxx # id root Segmentation fault Hello, someone have some suggestions for this strange error? Thanks gb (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Segmentation Fault(Core Dump) Error

Hi all, I have a folder with some 28 files. I have a script file that will iteratively take one file at a time from the folder and provide an output for the input file. Till the 7th file, there was no problem but from the 8th file onwards, i got this Segmentation Fault(Core Dump) error. A file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mick_000
2 Replies
dump(9E)							Driver Entry Points							  dump(9E)

NAME
dump - dump memory to device during system failure SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> intprefixdump(dev_t dev, caddr_t addr, daddr_t blkno, int nblk); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris specific (Solaris DDI). This entry point is required. For drivers that do not implement dump() routines, nodev(9F) should be used. ARGUMENTS
dev Device number. addr Address for the beginning of the area to be dumped. blkno Block offset to dump memory. nblk Number of blocks to dump. DESCRIPTION
dump() is used to dump a portion of virtual address space directly to a device in the case of system failure. It can also be used for checking the state of the kernel during a checkpoint operation. The memory area to be dumped is specified by addr (base address) and nblk (length). It is dumped to the device specified by dev starting at offset blkno. Upon completion dump() returns the status of the transfer. When the system is panicking, the calls of functions scheduled by timeout(9F) and ddi_trigger_softintr(9F) will never occur. Neither can delay(9F) be relied upon, since it is implemented via timeout(). See ddi_in_panic(9F). dump() is called at interrupt priority. RETURN VALUES
dump() returns 0 on success, or the appropriate error number. SEE ALSO
cpr(7), nodev(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 9 Oct 2001 dump(9E)