Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disk or CDROM problem?
Operating Systems Solaris Disk or CDROM problem? Post 302399883 by incredible on Monday 1st of March 2010 11:26:39 PM
Old 03-02-2010
Hi
1) yes, you can see the errors even if the cdrom drive is not used at all
2) this is how the OS sees the devices, via controller numbers and target id etc.
you can check the device path from ok> prompt too , using devalias

3) yes, you may not wish to replace the drive and continue using the system
BUT, a caution!! if your system corrupts for any reason and if there's a need rise to use the drive to boot from cdrom, THEN YOU WILL have a problem..
SO suggest to just replace it.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cdrom Problem!!!

Hi everybody: I have Solaris 8 installed on my little Enterprise 3500 and, for a cruel fate of the destiny, Im the admin.... Here is the problem: a week ago I took out a CD from the CDROM drive in an abnormal way. I inserted a clip in the little hole in the front of the drive because the button... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: piltrafa
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Ultra 2 CDROM Problem

I have a Ultra 2 running solaris9, I'm trying to do a boot cdrom to install Solaris 10. During the boot, the system can't find the CDROM drive. It shows up during a probe-scsi-all. Also, when booted to Solaris 9 I place a CD in the drive it takes almost 10 minutes before the CD is readable on the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stocksj
6 Replies

3. AIX

problem on sharing cdrom drive in AIX with linux

HI i have setuped a nfs between a AIX system and a linux os ,keeping AIX as sever i need to share the CDrom in AIX server with the linux operating system. ie. linux os machine does't have a cdrom . will i be able be share ..i tried a lot but it gives a message which resembles NFS access... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raguraja
3 Replies
SDL::Cdrom(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     SDL::Cdrom(3)

NAME
SDL::Cdrom - a SDL perl extension for managing CD-ROM drives SYNOPSIS
use SDL::Cdrom; $cdrom = SDL::Cdrom->new(0); $cdrom->play(); EXPORTS
o "CD_NUM_DRIVES". DESCRIPTION
Create a new SDL::Cdrom object. The passed $id is the number of the drive, whereas 0 is the first drive etc. use SDL::Cdrom; my $drive => SDL::Cdrom->new($id); METHODS
CD_NUM_DRIVES() Returns the number of CD-ROM drives present. name() Returns the system dependent name of the CD-ROM device. status() Return the status of the drive. play() Play a track. pause() Pause the playing. resume() Resume the playing. stop() Stop the playing. eject() Eject the medium in the drive. id() Return the ID of the drive. num_tracks() Return the number of tracks on the medium. track() Returns the track description current() Return the current played track number. current_frame() Return the current frame. AUTHORS
David J. Goehrig Documentation by Tels <http://bloodgate.com/>. SEE ALSO
perl SDL::Mixer SDL::App. perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 SDL::Cdrom(3)