Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming What happens on opening /dev/tty failure? Post 302399842 by gencon on Monday 1st of March 2010 06:10:56 PM
Old 03-01-2010
Thanks Jim.

The code I posted is the code to handle 'what happens if stdin is redirected'. My call to isatty() is just above the snippet I posted. Smilie

Cheers.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot open "/dev/tty"

Hi, When it proccesing the backup with cpio report this message: Cannot open "/dev/tty" and cancel de backup. Cuando se procesa la tarea del backup reporta el error: Cannot open "/dev/tty" y cancela el backup y no termina correctamente, a que se devera esta advertencia. Gracias. Thacks.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmr88
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

timeout opening writing control channel /dev/initctl problem occur i cant shoudown

Hi... This is message that occurs when i am trying to shutdown the linux system timeout opening writing control channel /dev/initctl how can i shutdown what is the problem here.. Thanks in advance ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
2 Replies

3. Solaris

What is /dev/tty /dev/null and /dev/console

Hi, Anyone can help My solaris 8 system has the following /dev/null , /dev/tty and /dev/console All permission are lrwxrwxrwx Can this be change to a non-world write ?? any impact ?? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: civic2005
12 Replies

4. Programming

sniff /dev/tty

hello all, Being root, I would like to log user activity (also multiple root activity), i don't really like history file based logging, lets assume that users have access to their .profile. I would like to write a monitoring daemon in C that would capture /dev/ttys, so I need to do a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wayward
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

read from terminal/keyboard > /dev/tty

Hi, I need to provide more than one character to "> /dev/tty" through terminal/keyboard input, I have this: ok=false while do echo " Enter r1 to reformat " > /dev/tty read choice case $choice in ) echo " bla bla bla " ;; done However, in this way,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gery
3 Replies

6. Programming

Create a pipe to /dev/tty

Hello everybody: I have a child process which reads a password from /dev/tty, as far as I know file descriptors for the child process can be seen by using lsof, so I want to connect to such device in order to send the password through a pipe, how could I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/dev/tty find last modified time

what can I use to find the last modified time of a /dev/tty ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: l flipboi l
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading password from /dev/tty

hi, From the below script: ##########################################pwd_auth.sh######################################################################################## #Author: Pandeeswaran Bhoopathy #Written on:26th Jan 2012 2:00PM #This script describes the feature of stty and illustrates... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
3 Replies

9. AIX

Error opening device: /dev/fscsi0

Hello, One one of my AIX boxes I'm having the following errror: fcstat fcs0: Port Speed (supported): 4 GBIT Error opening device: /dev/fscsi0 errno: 0000003d Has anyone encountered similar errors? Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixn00b
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simply question about capturing output to /dev/tty

Suppose another person wrote the following one-line shell script: echo $RANDOM > /dev/tty QUESTION #1: How can the random number, which is output to the terminal by this script, be captured in a variable? QUESTION #2: How can this be done in a cron job? Specific code, whether in ksh or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paul R
1 Replies
RDMA_POST_RECV(3)					   Librdmacm Programmer's Manual					 RDMA_POST_RECV(3)

NAME
rdma_post_recv - post a work request to receive an incoming message. SYNOPSIS
#include <rdma/rdma_verbs.h> int rdma_post_recv (struct rdma_cm_id *id, void *context, void *addr, size_t length, struct ibv_mr *mr); ARGUMENTS
id A reference to a communication identifier where the message buffer will be posted. context User-defined context associated with the request. addr The address of the memory buffer to post. length The length of the memory buffer. mr A registered memory region associated with the posted buffer. DESCRIPTION
Posts a work request to the receive queue of the queue pair associated with the rdma_cm_id. The posted buffer will be queued to receive an incoming message sent by the remote peer. RETURN VALUE
Returns 0 on success, or -1 on error. If an error occurs, errno will be set to indicate the failure reason. NOTES
The user is responsible for ensuring that a receive buffer is posted and large enough to contain all sent data before the peer posts the corresponding send message. The message buffer must have been registered before being posted, with the mr parameter referencing the regis- tration. The buffer must remain registered until the receive completes. Messages may be posted to an rdma_cm_id only after a queue pair has been associated with it. A queue pair is bound to an rdma_cm_id after calling rdma_create_ep or rdma_create_qp, if the rdma_cm_id is allocated using rdma_create_id. The user-defined context associated with the receive request will be returned to the user through the work completion wr_id, work request identifier, field. SEE ALSO
rdma_cm(7), rdma_create_id(3), rdma_create_ep(3), rdma_create_qp(3), rdma_reg_read(3), ibv_reg_mr(3), ibv_dereg_mr(3), rdma_post_recvv(3), rdma_post_send(3) librdmacm 2010-07-19 RDMA_POST_RECV(3)