Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting to check the Linux upgrade in the host Post 302399802 by mail2sant on Monday 1st of March 2010 03:54:21 PM
Old 03-01-2010
to check the Linux upgrade in the host

Hi,

how to check when was the linux upgrade has been done to this host.

below command show the RHEL version.
cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 6)

i want to know when it was upgraded..
is there any command available for that ? or anywhere we can check ?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check host file for duplicate entries

I need a KSH script that will check a host file for duplicate IP's and/or host names and report out the errors. Anyone out there have one they would like to share? Something like: Hostname blahblah appears X times IP Address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx appears X times TIA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ThreeDot
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash Script to check Remote Host Connection

Hi all, Can anyone tell/guide me how to check remote host is up/running using bash script? Thanks. Zulfiqar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zulfikarmd
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check ssh connection to remote host

I am using KSH and I need to check whether the remote host has been configured with ssh public key. Is there any way we can check inside a script? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenbvarrier
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to check whether the remote host is up or not

Hi, My script needs to check whether the remote host is up or not. If it is up i need to start few servers in that host or else just a notification should be sent that the remote host is down? Could someone help me out in this? Regards Arun (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarmc
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Linux - update/upgrade

Hi, I'm interesting do you have a some solution/good practice how upgrade/update OS with possibility to back previously release (something like Live upgrade in Solaris) ? thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deivo
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check if host key authentication is setup

Hey all, I have a script that I use for some automated installs. Unfortunately for the script to work the server that it's running from needs to have host-key authentication setup to the target server. If it isn't setup beforehand and the script is executed the install partially completes and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rike255
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check port 2222 is open on a remote host

I am able to connect to a remote host using the legacy IP and port 2222. Today the remote has a new IP I am unable to connect. How to check if the remote host is blocking or if its my server is unable to connect. Err Msg : telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused Err... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITDev01
5 Replies

8. SCO

Upgrade SCO 5.0.2 Host to Enterprise with license

Hello, I have an old system SCO 5.0.2 HOST (without network) and some applications on this machine. Theses applications are not installable again on other system because i have not the routines. And it's now necessary to connect this old system on local network for a "new" application. I have SCO... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lm76
13 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris live upgrade - how to check if a fs is shared or not

Hi all, 1) how do i check which FS(filesystems) in the current active PBE are shared and not shared with the ABE (alternate boot env) ? is doing lufslist and comparing between the 2 BEs the only option ? 2) when doing a luactivate -s (synchronize), does the synchronization go both way... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

SFTP file check through a remote host

Hi all, posting my first time, hope not breaking posting rules with it, if yes, let me know. I'm trying to build a script to check a file in an sftp server through a remote server. The intention is to check the file in a sftp host, and if the file is found or not, it should send an email.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrShinyPants
4 Replies
lx(5)							Standards, Environments, and Macros						     lx(5)

NAME
lx - Linux branded zone DESCRIPTION
The lx brand uses the branded zones framework described in brands(5) to enable Linux binary applications to run unmodified on a machine with a Solaris Operating System kernel. The lx brand includes the tools necessary to install a CentOS 3.x or Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.x distribution inside a non-global zone. The brand supports the execution of 32-bit Linux applications on x86/x64 machines running the Solaris system in either 32-bit or 64-bit mode. Supported Linux Distributions The lx brand emulates the system call interfaces provided by the Linux 2.4.21 kernel, as modified by Red Hat in the RHEL 3.x distributions. This kernel provides the system call interfaces consumed by the glibc version 2.3.2 released by Red Hat. In addition, the lx brand partially emulates the Linux /dev and /proc interfaces. Configuration and Administration The lx brand supports the whole root non-global zone model. All of the required linux packages are installed into the private file systems of the zone. The zonecfg(1M) utility is used to configure an lx branded zone. Once a branded zone has been installed, that zone's brand cannot be changed or removed. The zoneadm(1M) utility is used to report the zone's brand type and administer the zone. The zlogin(1) utility is used to log in to the zone. Application Support The lx zone only supports user-level Linux applications. You cannot use Linux device drivers, Linux kernel modules, or Linux file systems from inside an lx zone. You cannot add any non-standard Solaris devices to a Linux zone. Any attempt to do so will result in a zone that zonecfg(1M) will refuse to verify. You cannot run Solaris applications inside an lx zone. Solaris debugging tools such as DTrace (see dtrace(1M)) and mdb (see mdb(1)) can be applied to Linux processes executing inside the zone, but the tools themselves must be running in the global zone. Any core files generated are produced in the Solaris format, and such files can only be debugged with Solaris tools. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWlxr, SUNWlxu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdb(1), zlogin(1), zonename(1), dtrace(1M), zoneadm(1M), zonecfg(1M), brands(5), zones(5), lx_systrace(7D) SunOS 5.11 19 Sep 2006 lx(5)