Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Missing requisite filesets when installing Sysback AIX Post 302399786 by need2bageek on Monday 1st of March 2010 02:33:13 PM
Old 03-01-2010
Missing requisite filesets when installing Sysback AIX

I am trying to install the Sysback client (TSM for System Backup and Recovery) 6.1 on an LPAR running AIX 5.3. One of the filesets is failing to install. Here's what it says in the preview:
Code:
FAILURES:
tivoli.tsm.client.api.32bit 5.5.1.0       # TSM Client - Application Pro...

MISSING REQUISITES:  The following filesets are required by one or more
  of the selected filesets listed above.  They are not currently installed
  and could not be found on the installation media.

bos.rte 5.3.0.50                          # Fileset Update
    gskta.rte 7.0.4.11                        # Fileset Update
    xlC.rte 8.0.0.0                           # Base Level Fileset

So I apparently need to obtain bos.rte 5.3.0.50, gskta.rte 7.0.4.11, and xlC.rte 8.0.0.0 to install this. Unfortunately, I can't locate the installation media for AIX 5.3. Does anyone know where I can obtain these filesets? Can I just download them somewhere? Please help, I need to get backups running on this LPAR ASAP.

Thanks

---------- Post updated at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:16 PM ----------

Okay, I found gskta.rte and xlC.rte bundled in the TSM BA Client install, so I have those installed now. But does anyone know where I find bos.rte 5.3.0.50 or later?

Last edited by Scott; 03-01-2010 at 08:05 PM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tsm client filesets for AIX 4.3.3

Hi, can somebody point to where i can get tsm client filesets to install tsm on AIX 4.3 node please? Thank You! karthik (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
0 Replies

2. AIX

cfgmgr: Filesets missing

Hi all, I have a System i server with a couple of AIX LPARs. One of the LPARs owns a dual-channel scsi adapter to which I connect a tape library (IBM TS3100) and a DVD Drive. I had some problems to get the Tape Library detected but finally I got it: rmt0 Available 03-08-01-4,0 IBM 3580... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wendelalexis
1 Replies

3. AIX

sysback with aix over NIM

HELLO ALL i have installed aix 6.2 , and install sysback 6.1 over Nim , and cinfigure it by Nim AND sysback smitty menu with create spot and lppsource and make TSM configration for that, i take image backup(installation image) successfully but when i want to restore this image , the boot cycle... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nancy_ghawanmeh
5 Replies

4. AIX

Missing efix on AIX 4.3.3

Hi forum, I have two servers. Both running same version 4.3.3 TL11. On one of them efix IX85104 is installed but missing on another server. I have tried to find it and download it but it's just too old. Is there any way that I could extract/copy this efix from server where it's present... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phobus
1 Replies

5. AIX

Help Please - Command to view missing filesets in aix

Please anyone tell me "What is the command to view missing filesets in aix" Thanks in advance ---------- Post updated at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:09 PM ---------- Please anyone tell me "What is the command to view missing filesets in aix" Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweetysiva29
3 Replies

6. Debian

Help me with installing nagvis in nagios (Apache mod_php missing)

Hi Im new in this forum. I have setup a pc with debian, and installed nagios core, with basic functions like pings in all our departments. The plan is to install nagvis and make a map with "pins" on all our departmens, and then pin is green the department is up, and when its red its down. I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nielsen110
1 Replies

7. AIX

New to AIX need help Installing/Upgrading Samba on AIX 7.1?

Hello, I am trying to update Samba on my AIX 7.1 system as there is an issues with it, the smbd process coredumps and I have had no luck figuring it out why. My approach is to try to re-install a newer samba and I have found the latest 3.x package for samba in ppc.rpm format at perlz.org ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
6 Replies

8. AIX

Dmpdt_chrp [Missing Manual] [AIX 7.1]

NAME dmpdt_chrp SYNOPSIS /usr/lib/boot/bin/dmpdt_chrp /usr/lib/boot/bin/dmpdt_chrp /usr/lib/boot/bin/dmpdt_chrp /usr/lib/boot/bin/dmpdt_chrp DESCRIPTION Dumps OpenFirmware device tree -n dumps NVRAM variables -b dumps in some binary format -i dumps in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: agent.kgb
0 Replies

9. AIX

Realpath [Missing Manual][AIX 7.1]

NAME realpath SYNOPSIS /usr/lib/instl/realpath --help | path DESCRIPTION Translates 'Path' into its absolute, canonical form. EXAMPLES (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: agent.kgb
0 Replies

10. AIX

The Missing AIX Documentation Project

Welcome to AIX - All Intricacies eXplained List of AIX commands lacking documentation: mkinstallp (create installable packages) imfs (create FS entries in /etc/filesystems) getlvodm (get LVM information from LVCB and ODM) ldeletepv (delete phantom disks from ODM) lqueryvg (lists... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies
lldptool(8)							       Linux							       lldptool(8)

NAME
evb - Show / manipulate EVB TLV configuration SYNOPSIS
lldptool -t -i ethx -V evbCfg -c enableTx lldptool -T -i ethx -V evbCfg -c enableTx=[yes|no] lldptool -t -i ethx -V evbCfg -c fmode lldptool -T -i ethx -V evbCfg -c fmode=[bridge|reflectiverelay] lldptool -t -i ethx -V evbCfg -c capabilities lldptool -T -i ethx -V evbCfg -c capabilities=[rte|ecp|vdp|none] lldptool -t -i ethx -V evbCfg -c rte lldptool -T -i ethx -V evbCfg -c rte=[<rte>] lldptool -t -i ethx -V evbCfg -c vsis lldptool -T -i ethx -V evbCfg -c vsis=[<number of vsis>] DESCRIPTION
The EVB TLV is a TLV to announce the station and bridge's edge virtual bridging (evb) capabilities and request the bridge forwarding mode. If both sides have agree on edge control protocol (ECP), VSI discovery protocol (VDP) capabilities, both sides can exchange VDP TLV using ECP frames. The vsis parameter will set the maximum number of VSIs and show the number of currently configured VSIs. ARGUMENTS
enableTx Enables the EVB TLV to be transmitted fmode shows or sets the forwarding mode between bridge (default) or reflectiverelay (RR). capabilities shows or sets the local capabilities that are announced to the adjacent switch in the TLV. This parameter will accept any combina- tion of rte, vdp or ecp, separated by ",". Use the keyword "none" if you do not want to set any capabilities. rte shows or set the local run time exponent (RTE). The RTE will be used as the base for the timing of the ECP and VDP protocols. vsis shows or sets the number of virtual station interfaces (VSIs) that are announced to the adjacent switch in the TLV. This parameter expects a number between 0 and 65535. Theory of Operation The EVB TLV is used to announce and exchange supported parameters between the station and an adjacent switch. If "reflectiverelay" is set as forwarding mode, the switch will allow "reflection" of frames coming from different sources at the same port back to the port. This will allow communication between virtual machines on the same host via the switch. The capabilities parameter is used to set RTE, ECP and VDP support. VDP TLVs in ECP frames can only be exchanged if both sides agree on ECP and VDP as capabilities. RTE will be used as the base timing parameter for ECP and VDP. EXAMPLE &; USAGE Display locally configured values for eth8 lldptool -t -i eth8 -V evbCfg Display remotely configured values for eth8 lldptool -n -t -i eth8 -V evbCfg Display wether evb tlv is configured for tx on eth8 lldptool -t -i eth8 -V evbCfg -c enableTx Display the currently requested forwarding mode for eth8 lldptool -t -i eth8 -V evbCfg -c fmode Set the forwarding mode to reflective relay lldptool -T -i eth8 -V evbCfg -c fmode=reflectiverelay Display the currently configured capabilities lldptool -t -i ethx -V evbCfg -c capabilities Set the locally possible capabilities to RTE, ECP and VDP lldptool -T -i ethx -V evbCfg -c capabilities=rte,ecp,vdp Resets the locally possible capabilities to "none" lldptool -T -i ethx -V evbCfg -c capabilities=none Display the locally configured value for RTE lldptool -t -i ethx -V evbCfg -c rte Set the value for RTE lldptool -T -i ethx -V evbCfg -c rte=[<rte>] Display the configured maximum number of VSIs lldptool -t -i ethx -V evbCfg -c vsis Set the maximum number of VSIs lldptool -T -i ethx -V evbCfg -c vsis=[<number of vsis>] SOURCE
o IEEE 802.1Qbg (http://www.ieee802.org/1/pages/802.1bg.html) NOTES
Currently the code in lldpad reflects draft 0 of the upcoming standard. EVB TLVs on the wire can be decoded with wireshark > v1.6. SEE ALSO
lldptool-vdp(8), lldptool(8), lldpad(8) AUTHOR
Jens Osterkamp open-lldp February 2010 lldptool(8)