Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Scripting AIX date output !!
Operating Systems AIX Scripting AIX date output !! Post 302399780 by bakunin on Monday 1st of March 2010 01:45:31 PM
Old 03-01-2010
This is easy save for figuring out the day of the week. The rest is simple string manipulation.

You should give perderabo's master hack "datecalc" a try. search for it in our forum, it is a well written shell script and thankfully perderabo has given public permission to use it.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting guru's pls help me with scripting on AIX

can someone pls help me with the script for a files coming from one system to a particular directory and i want to write a script to move those files to another directory on different system by renaming the files... pls someone help me on this... thanking in anticipation.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thatiprashant
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Scripting Question

I am trying to append a portion of a file with a date on it that changes daily to a temp file. Here are my commands: set DATE = ('date +%Y%m%d_sum.log') cat $HOME/right/$DATE > /export/home/temp.txt Here is the error I keep receiving: cat: cannot open /temp/usr/nedaniel/right/date... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigDawg32
6 Replies

4. AIX

scripting routing changes on aix 4.3 and 5x

Hi All, I need to script a routing changes on my aix servers. I can't use smitty, very slow. I need to delete the static routing and add a new one. I also need to change default routing. I know using route add and route delete but I think I remember that this is not enough that's why I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with ksh scripting in AIX

I am looking for a script which does the following Script will run daily. 1.It will get snapshot off all filesystems including nfs mounts, automounts and clearcase mounts. 2.Then it will compare new snapshot with the snapshot created in the previous run. 3.If filesystem exists in... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: saidiya
20 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in ksh scripting in aix

Hello gurus I am looking for a script : We need to generate a file list created by user id on a AIX box. Criteria 1: other than userid : dwimpid & aiadmin Criteria 2: Files older than 2 months ( it can be any user id ). File Path to Look: /project and /project1 Thx silu (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: silu
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing Output Date to Current System Date

Hi Guys, Anyone who knows how to compare the current date with the a file containing a date, say for example I have a file that looks like this: Command was launched from partition 0. ------------------------------------------------ Executing command in server server6 Fri Dec 16... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
7 Replies

8. AIX

Get Next month in AIX from curent date in unix AIX

How could we derive teh Next month in MON-RR format from current date ie sysdate in UNI AIX sheel script.I coould get a command but i supports only inLinux susse andnotin AIX. I need for Unix AIX.Pls Help. Regards Shiv (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SHIV75
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help scripting a date when the date is 1st to 9th

I'm new to scripting, I am trying to get the current month and date in my script I have this line MYDATE=`date '+%b %d'` this works for dates 10-31, but it returns a 09 for the 9th, where the file name has a 9, I tried MYDATE=`date '+%b %_d'` but that returns Jul %_d I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsurwill
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in scripting in AIX

Hello, In a loop I am using below command for every database crsctl status res | grep -E "ora\.$DATABASE\.(.+)\.svc" and below is one of the sample output NAME=ora.sgraphut.sgraphutxdb.svc Now I want to extract just service name out of this string (that is sgraphutxdb) please help me how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
1 Replies
DM.CONF(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							DM.CONF(5)

NAME
dm.conf -- dungeon master configuration file DESCRIPTION
The dm.conf file is the configuration file for the dm(8) program. It consists of lines beginning with one of three keywords, badtty, game, and time. All other lines are ignored. Any tty listed after the keyword badtty may not have games played on it. Entries consist of two white-space separated fields: the string badtty and the ttyname as returned by ttyname(3). For example, to keep the uucp dialout, ``tty19'', from being used for games, the entry would be: badtty /dev/tty19 Any day/hour combination listed after the keyword time will disallow games during those hours. Entries consist of four white-space separated fields: the string time, the unabbreviated day of the week and the beginning and ending time of a period of the day when games may not be played. The time fields are in a 0 based, 24-hour clock. For example, the following entry allows games playing before 8AM and after 5PM on Mondays: time Monday 8 17 Any game listed after the keyword game will set parameters for a specific game. Entries consist of five white-space separated fields: the keyword game, the name of a game, the highest system load average at which the game may be played, the maximum users allowed if the game is to be played, and the priority at which the game is to be run. Any of these fields may start with a non-numeric character, resulting in no game limitation or priority based on that field. The game default controls the settings for any game not otherwise listed, and must be the last game entry in the file. Priorities may not be negative. For example, the following entries limits the game ``hack'' to running only when the system has 10 or less users and a load aver- age of 5 or less; all other games may be run any time the system has 15 or less users. game hack 5 10 * game default * 15 * FILES
/etc/dm.conf The dm(8) configuration file. SEE ALSO
setpriority(2), ttyname(3), dm(8) BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD