Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disk or CDROM problem?
Operating Systems Solaris Disk or CDROM problem? Post 302399719 by asalman.qazi on Monday 1st of March 2010 10:09:11 AM
Old 03-01-2010
thanks for the reply incredible:

My question is:

1) if the cd/dvdrom drive is not being used can it generate such errors.

2) how is cd/dvd rom diffrentiated from normal hard drive in /dev file

in the above logs dvdrom is being shown as c0t0d0

now in unix same notation is being used for harddrives .
so how do we diffrentiate them.

3) if the cd/dvdrom is not being used by the system so will it do if we do not replace it and let it generate the errors in /var/adm/messages and truncate it periodically.

Thanks

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cdrom Problem!!!

Hi everybody: I have Solaris 8 installed on my little Enterprise 3500 and, for a cruel fate of the destiny, Im the admin.... Here is the problem: a week ago I took out a CD from the CDROM drive in an abnormal way. I inserted a clip in the little hole in the front of the drive because the button... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: piltrafa
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Ultra 2 CDROM Problem

I have a Ultra 2 running solaris9, I'm trying to do a boot cdrom to install Solaris 10. During the boot, the system can't find the CDROM drive. It shows up during a probe-scsi-all. Also, when booted to Solaris 9 I place a CD in the drive it takes almost 10 minutes before the CD is readable on the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stocksj
6 Replies

3. AIX

problem on sharing cdrom drive in AIX with linux

HI i have setuped a nfs between a AIX system and a linux os ,keeping AIX as sever i need to share the CDrom in AIX server with the linux operating system. ie. linux os machine does't have a cdrom . will i be able be share ..i tried a lot but it gives a message which resembles NFS access... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raguraja
3 Replies
cdde(1) 																   cdde(1)

NAME
cdde - Compact Disc Detect & Execute SYNOPSIS
cdde [-c filename] [-rbvVh] DESCRIPTION
cdde is a program that detects when a cdrom drive on your system has had a disc inserted. When it finds a disc inserted in the drive it will attempt to determine the type of the disc, and execute a specified command. This means you can put in a dvd and your favorite dvd software will start, or put in a data cd and it will be automatically mounted for you. Right now cdde can detect the following types of discs: * audio cd * data cd * dvd * mixed audio/data cd * vcd * svcd * blank cdr/dvdr For now the dvd checking is just a bit of magic that checks to see if there's a "video_ts" directory on the disc. Same goes for the vcd checking: it just looks for a "vcd" directory on the disc. cdde reads its configuration from "~/.cdde.xml" unless otherwise specified on the command line. OPTIONS
-r, --run Run commands on disc already in drive when is started. -b, --batch Batch mode: check all drives once then exit. (implies -r) -c, --config <filename> Use the config file <filename>. (Default is ~/.cdde.xml) -v, --verbose Print out lots of information. -V, --version Print out version information. -h, --help Print Display this help and exit. FILES
~/.cdde.xml SEE ALSO
cdde.xml(5) AUTHORS
Eric Lathrop <eric@ericlathrop.com> Stanislav Maslovski <stanislav.maslovski@gmail.com> WEBSITE
For the latest release of cdde, see: http://cdde.sourceforge.net/ Eric Lathrop 0.3.1 cdde(1)