Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Shell program with username and password Post 302399558 by thedemonhunter on Sunday 28th of February 2010 10:49:48 PM
Old 02-28-2010
thanks for the help. i actually rewrote to this:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
echo "Enter username" 
while : 
do
 read username
 case $username in 
  Aarin | Rick | Zach | Ashley | Alex | Nik | Wilbur ) 
   echo "Enter password" 
   break ;; 
  * ) echo Username fail. Try again. ;;
 esac
done
case $username in
 Aarin ) pass=dtfc;;
 Rick ) pass=up;;
 Zach ) pass=btiom;;
 Ashley ) pass=cayh;;
 Alex ) pass=quixotic;;
 Nik ) pass=stbm;;
 Wilbur) pass=xmomx;;
esac
read password
while [ "$password" != "$pass" ]; do
 echo "Password fail. Try again."
 read password
done
echo "You Are Logged In!"
return 0

its simpler and it works. thanks again!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

getting username from a c program in unix

How to get the user name of the Operating system from a c program. eg:- -rw-r----- 1 gkuser srth1 292 Jul 27 19:28 u1.txt i need to get gkuser as the result? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

username password in script

Can we write a script to telnet to a unix server from unix with the username and password hardcoded in the script?? something like ssh a@b -p password ??? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: roshanjain2
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Oracle Username password SID from single file and pass it to shell

Dear All I am trying to write one shell which will be running through Cron which contain one SQL query. But I want to draw/fetch the Username password and Instance name (required to loging to the database) from one single file to run that SQL query . Also this file contain details of multiple... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhon
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i hide username/password

hi all, i run sqlplus command on unix(HP-UX) like "sqlplus username/password@serverA @deneme.sql" but when someone run "ps -ef | grep sqlplus", it can see my username and password :( How can i hide username and password. thanx. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temhem
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Login through SFTP using username and password

Hi All, I want to login to a server through SFTP by giving username and password, in an automated script. I know that this can be done through public key authentication, but my requirement is to login ONLY through username and password. I am using GNU/Linux server. Please advise me !!!... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparks
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Asking username and password in the middle of the Shell/perl script

Can any body help me to find out the logic I have a script chkcomponent.pl Which give some output Like component1 userid: u1 component2 userid: u2 component3 userid: u1 . . #The no of components are different in different times run Now I want this chkcomponent.pl script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pareshpatra
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Username and password

Hi I am new to using unix and am struggling with a script i am writing. What i am trying to do is get a user to enter a username, check the original file i created with username and pin to see if their is a corresponding entry. Next ask the user to enter the pin and see if this matches... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: somersetdan
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you reset username/password

Picked up a 3b2 running System V. Works fine, but it requires a username and password. Is the username "root" or "sysadm"? How do I find out and how to I reset it or bypass it? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TanRuNomad
2 Replies

9. Programming

Getting username from an informix 4gl program in UNIX

How to get the user name of the Operating system from an Informix 4gl program. eg:- -rw-r----- 1 gkuser srth1 292 Jul 27 19:28 u1.txt i need to get gkuser as the result? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: enriquegm82
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Username & password through shell script to java code

Hi, I have a shell script (script.sh) in which we are calling java code which asks for Username: Password: for authentication purpose currently we are passing the credential manually and run the script. but I am trying echo -e "user_id\npassword" | script.sh but its not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshtomar82
1 Replies
LOGIN(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  LOGIN(8)

NAME
login.krb5 - kerberos enhanced login program SYNOPSIS
login.krb5 [-p] [-fFe username] [-r | -k | -K | -h hostname] DESCRIPTION
login.krb5 is a modification of the BSD login program which is used for two functions. It is the sub-process used by krlogind and telnetd to initiate a user session and it is a replacement for the command-line login program which, when invoked with a password, acquires Ker- beros tickets for the user. login.krb5 will prompt for a username, or take one on the command line, as login.krb5 username and will then prompt for a password. This password will be used to acquire Kerberos Version 5 tickets (if possible.) It will also attempt to run aklog to get AFS tokens for the user. The version 5 tickets will be tested against a local krb5.keytab if it is available, in order to verify the tickets, before letting the user in. However, if the password matches the entry in /etc/passwd the user will be unconditionally allowed (permitting use of the machine in case of network failure.) OPTIONS
-p preserve the current environment -r hostname pass hostname to rlogind. Must be the last argument. -h hostname pass hostname to telnetd, etc. Must be the last argument. -f name Perform pre-authenticated login, e.g., datakit, xterm, etc.; allows preauthenticated login as root. -F name Perform pre-authenticated login, e.g., datakit, xterm, etc.; allows preauthenticated login as root. -e name Perform pre-authenticated, encrypted login. Must do term negotiation. CONFIGURATION
login.krb5 is also configured via krb5.conf using the login stanza. A collection of options dealing with initial authentication are pro- vided: krb5_get_tickets Use password to get V5 tickets. Default value true. krb_run_aklog Attempt to run aklog. Default value false. aklog_path Where to find it [not yet implemented.] Default value $(prefix)/bin/aklog. accept_passwd Don't accept plaintext passwords [not yet implemented]. Default value false. DIAGNOSTICS
All diagnostic messages are returned on the connection or tty associated with stderr. SEE ALSO
rlogind(8), rlogin(1), telnetd(8) LOGIN(8)