Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help making a library.
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications help making a library. Post 302399488 by gustave on Sunday 28th of February 2010 11:37:27 AM
Old 02-28-2010
help making a library.

I understand how to use vi and emacs but I have a project which entails building a library application like a phone directory or listing of dvd's. I am lost on where to start. any help would be appreciated.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a Makefile from building static library to shared library?

Hi: I have a library that it only offers Makefile for building static library. It built libxxx.a file. How do I in any way build a shared library? (either changin the Makefile or direct script or command to build shared library) Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cpthk
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help making a library

I understand how to use vi and emacs but I have a project which entails building a library application like a phone directory or listing of dvd's. I am lost on where to start. any help would be appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gustave
3 Replies

3. Programming

Error during making a shared library

Hi all, I am working with opensolaris and I am trying create a shared native library via using make but I am getting the following error-- make -f /Makefile.SunOS debug javah -jni SerialPort javah -jni SerialInputStream javah -jni SerialOutputStream gcc -mno-app-regs -DSUN... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
4 Replies

4. Linux

./configure problem for libsf library due to apparently missing libdb library.

Hello, ./configure script fails to configure libsf. Please check the following last few lines of configure script error. checking for db1/db.h... no checking for db.h... yes checking for dbopen in -ldb1... no configure: error: No libdb? No libsf. But find command shows the following; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
4 Replies

5. AIX

Add shared members from library to same library in a different directory

I'm trying to install libiconv to AIX 7.1 from an rpm off of the perzl site. The rpm appears to install but I get this error message. add shr4.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a add shr.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kneemoe
5 Replies

6. Programming

C++ linking library to a library

Hi All, My application main engine will use a shared library where we do many operation. We are trying to implement the linear algebra operation on the shared library for that I need to link my shared library to the lapack library in /usr/lib. Below is my make file. Can you please let me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
2 Replies
cdde.xml(5)															       cdde.xml(5)

NAME
cdde.xml - Configuration file for cdde DESCRIPTION
When cdde is run for the first time, an example xml configuration file (~/.cdde.xml) is created for you: <?xml version="1.0"?> <cdde delay="5000000"> <drive path="/dev/cdrom"> <audio command="echo An audio cd was inserted."/> <data command="echo A data cd was inserted."/> <dvd command="echo A dvd was inserted."/> <vcd command="echo A vcd was inserted."/> <svcd command="echo A svcd was inserted."/> <blank command="echo A blank cdr/dvdr was inserted."/> <mixed command="echo A mixed (audio/data) cd was inserted."/> </drive> </cdde> This default file is not very useful, and so I suggest you to edit it to your needs before running cdde again. You may add as many drive entries, or commands as you like. If multiple entries are found for a type of disc then all entries will be run in the order they are found. The specific device in use can be passed to the command with one of the following special tags: %dev% - is replaced with the device name of the cdrom that just had a disc inserted %mnt% - is replaced with the listed mount point for the cdrom that just had a disc inserted Note: %mnt% is determined through your fstab (usually located in /etc) file. If you do not have a listing for each <drive> in the fstab this will cause problems. This way, you can tell your video player which device to use when playing a VCD, for example. EXAMPLE
This is an example of ~/.cdde.xml file: <?xml version="1.0"?> <cdde delay="5000000"> <drive path="/dev/cdroms/cdrom0"/> <audio command="xmms %mnt%"/> <data command="mount %mnt%"/> <dvd command="xterm -iconic -e mplayer -fs -xineramascreen 1 -dvd 1"/> <vcd command="xterm -iconic -e mplayer -fs -xineramascreen 1 -vcd 1"/> <svcd command="xterm -iconic -e mplayer -fs -xineramascreen 1 -vcd 1"/> <blank command="gcombust"/> <mixed command="mount %mnt%"/> </drive> </cdde> FILES
~/.cdde.xml SEE ALSO
cdde(1) AUTHORS
Eric Lathrop <eric@ericlathrop.com> Stanislav Maslovski <stanislav.maslovski@gmail.com> WEBSITE
For the latest release of cdde, see: http://cdde.sourceforge.net/ Eric Lathrop 0.3.1 cdde.xml(5)