Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help making a library
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help making a library Post 302399487 by gustave on Sunday 28th of February 2010 11:30:57 AM
Old 02-28-2010
It is part of a project I am doing for school. So kind of a homework assigment except bigger.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a Makefile from building static library to shared library?

Hi: I have a library that it only offers Makefile for building static library. It built libxxx.a file. How do I in any way build a shared library? (either changin the Makefile or direct script or command to build shared library) Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cpthk
1 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

help making a library.

I understand how to use vi and emacs but I have a project which entails building a library application like a phone directory or listing of dvd's. I am lost on where to start. any help would be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gustave
1 Replies

3. Programming

Error during making a shared library

Hi all, I am working with opensolaris and I am trying create a shared native library via using make but I am getting the following error-- make -f /Makefile.SunOS debug javah -jni SerialPort javah -jni SerialInputStream javah -jni SerialOutputStream gcc -mno-app-regs -DSUN... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
4 Replies

4. Linux

./configure problem for libsf library due to apparently missing libdb library.

Hello, ./configure script fails to configure libsf. Please check the following last few lines of configure script error. checking for db1/db.h... no checking for db.h... yes checking for dbopen in -ldb1... no configure: error: No libdb? No libsf. But find command shows the following; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
4 Replies

5. AIX

Add shared members from library to same library in a different directory

I'm trying to install libiconv to AIX 7.1 from an rpm off of the perzl site. The rpm appears to install but I get this error message. add shr4.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a add shr.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kneemoe
5 Replies

6. Programming

C++ linking library to a library

Hi All, My application main engine will use a shared library where we do many operation. We are trying to implement the linear algebra operation on the shared library for that I need to link my shared library to the lapack library in /usr/lib. Below is my make file. Can you please let me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
2 Replies
J0(3)							     Linux Programmer's Manual							     J0(3)

NAME
j0, j0f, j0l, j1, j1f, j1l, jn, jnf, jnl - Bessel functions of the first kind SYNOPSIS
#include <math.h> double j0(double x); double j1(double x); double jn(int n, double x); float j0f(float x); float j1f(float x); float jnf(int n, float x); long double j0l(long double x); long double j1l(long double x); long double jnl(int n, long double x); Link with -lm. Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): j0(), j1(), jn(): _SVID_SOURCE || _BSD_SOURCE || _XOPEN_SOURCE j0f(), j0l(), j1f(), j1l(), jnf(), jnl(): _SVID_SOURCE || _BSD_SOURCE || _XOPEN_SOURCE >= 600 || DESCRIPTION
The j0() and j1() functions return Bessel functions of x of the first kind of orders 0 and 1, respectively. The jn() function returns the Bessel function of x of the first kind of order n. The j0f() etc. and j0l() etc. functions are versions that take and return float and long double values, respectively. RETURN VALUE
On success, these functions return the appropriate Bessel value of the first kind for x. If x is a NaN, a NaN is returned. If x is too large in magnitude, or the result underflows, a range error occurs, and the return value is 0. ERRORS
See math_error(7) for information on how to determine whether an error has occurred when calling these functions. The following errors can occur: Range error: result underflow, or x is too large in magnitude errno is set to ERANGE. These functions do not raise exceptions for fetestexcept(3). CONFORMING TO
The functions returning double conform to SVr4, 4.3BSD, POSIX.1-2001. The others are nonstandard functions that also exist on the BSDs. BUGS
There are errors of up to 2e-16 in the values returned by j0(), j1() and jn() for values of x between -8 and 8. SEE ALSO
y0(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. 2010-09-20 J0(3)