Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting issue with substituting using sed Post 302399443 by sunnyboy on Sunday 28th of February 2010 03:42:48 AM
Old 02-28-2010
Thanks a lot that was greatSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substituting with value of variable in Sed

Hi, I have a program in which i have to substitute a TAG in a file with the value of a variable. Code Snippet: ---------------- myvar=1234 sed 's/_TAG_/$myvar/' infile outfile When I run this command, the _TAG_ in the "infile" is substituted with "$myvar" but NOT the value "1234"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

substituting

Hello please how can i change this infrormation within a file dynamically without using vi " || $6 ~ /^229*/ " the * means any number within the file has this content : cat lec|awk -F '|' 'length($6) >= 12 || length($6) <= 10' |awk -F '|' '$6 ~ /^24/ || $6 ~ /^22924/ &&$7 ~... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neyo
1 Replies

3. Programming

substituting one string for another

I have a Linux C program I'm writing that has one section where, within a large string, I need to substitute a smaller string for another, and those probably won't be the same size. For instance, if I have a string: "Nowisthetimeforallgoodmen" and I want to substitute 'most' for 'all' the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleopard
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with a sed one liner variant - sed 's/ ; /|/g' $TMP1 > $TMP

Execution of the following segment is giving the error - Script extract:- OUT=$DATADIR/sol_rsult_orphn.bcp TMP1=${OUT}_tmp1 TMP=${OUT}_tmp ( isql -w 400 $dbConnect_OPR <<EOF select convert(char(10), s.lead_id) +'|' + s.pho_loc_type, ";", s.sol_rsult_cmnt, ";", +'|'+ s.del_ind... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzmatam
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substituting Characters using SED

Can SED be used to substitute a character (y) with a character (Y) in a specified field? File has 12000 : delimeted rows as; HHC 1 BDE:Lastname, Firstname MI:firstname.mi.lastname@mil:SGT HHC 2 BDE:Lastname, Firstname MI:Firstname.MI.Lastname@mil:SGT I wish to replace the capital letters... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: altamaha
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substituting the values

Hi Gurus this is working finee with tested values #!/bin/ksh V_DATE="2007-11-30" V_ID=789 V_NAME="john_${V_ID}_has_${V_DATE}_s" FILE_NAME=`echo ${V_NAME}` echo ${FILE_NAME} Buttt the problem is the first two values will come dynamically and the file will looks like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SeenuGuddu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substituting a shell variable in sed

Hi guys, I'm trying to figure out how to use a shell variable inside my sed command. I just want to remove a certain part of a path. I've tried three different combinations and none of them work. Here are the three combinations: echo $file | sed 's/'$test'//' echo $file | sed "s/$test//"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chu816
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with sed and substituting a string with special characters in variable

Hey guys, I know that title is a mouthful - I'll try to better explain my struggles a little better... What I'm trying to do is: 1. Query a db and output to a file, a list of column data. 2. Then, for each line in this file, repeat these values but wrap them with: ITEM{ ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ampsys
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting error while substituting variable using sed..

I am using script for substitute one variable with another variable like below... below code works fine... sed 's/'$sub_fun'/'$To_sub'/g' But when i run the same code from the script getting below errors.. sed: -e expression #1, char 7: unterminated `s' command please help....... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pamu
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk sub not substituting

I am trying to use nawk sub to substitute a string in a file. Both the pattern and the replacement I set as variables using bash. here is the code: #!/bin/bash -x ydate=`/usr/local/bin/date +%Y%m%d` echo $ydate test_ca=/home/mdadmin/test_ca for i in `cat ${test_ca}` do if ]; then... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: smenago
9 Replies
Text::QRCode(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Text::QRCode(3pm)

NAME
Text::QRCode - Generate text base QR Code SYNOPSIS
use Text::QRCode; my $arrayref = Text::QRCode->new()->plot("Some text here."); print join " ", map { join '', @$_ } @$arrayref; # You will get following output. ******* * ** ******* * * * * * * * *** * * *** * * *** * ** * *** * * *** * * * * *** * * * **** * * ******* * * * ******* * ** ** ** * *** * * * ** *** * * * **** * * ** * * * * * * ** *** ** * *** ** ** * ** * ** * ******* ***** *** * * * ** * **** * *** * * * * * * *** * * ** * * * *** * *** * *** * * ** * * *** ******* * * **** DESCRIPTION
This module allows you to generate QR Code using ' ' and '*'. This module use libqrencode '2.0.0' and above. METHODS
new $qrcode = Text::QRCode->new(%params); The "new()" constructor method instantiates a new Text::QRCode object. "new()" accepts some parameters are the same as "Imager::QRCode". plot($text) $arrayref = $qrcode->plot("blah blah"); Create a QR Code map. This method returns array reference ploted QR Code with the given text. INSTANT METHODS
plot_qrcode($text, \%params) Instant method. $text is input text. %params is same parameter as "new()". SEE ALSO
"Imager::QRCode", "Term::QRCode", "HTML::QRCode", "http://www.qrcode.com/", "http://megaui.net/fukuchi/works/qrencode/index.en.html" AUTHOR
Yoshiki Kurihara "<kurihara __at__ cpan.org>" LICENCE
Copyright (c) 2007, Yoshiki KURIHARA "<kurihara __at__ cpan.org>". This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Text::QRCode(3pm)