Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace a line with a separate line in code Post 302399324 by Nila on Saturday 27th of February 2010 08:15:07 AM
Old 02-27-2010
Try this in Perl

Code:
use strict;
use warnings;

open(FH,"file") || die "Can't open the file";
my @line_arr;
my $check=0;
my $i=0;

while(<FH>)
{
        my $line=$_;
        chomp($line);
        if($line=~/^<h1>(.*)<\/h1>$/)
        {
                $line_arr[$i++]=$1;
        }
}
my @val=reverse @line_arr;
seek(FH,0,0);

while(<FH>)
{
        if(/^(<h1>)(.*)(<\/h1>)$/)
        {
                if($check==0)
                {
                        print $1."@val".$3."\n";
                        $check=1;
                }
        }
        else
        {
                print $_;
        }
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Line too long error Replace string with new line line character

I get a file which has all its content in a single row. The file contains xml data containing 3000 records, but all in a single row, making it difficult for Unix to Process the file. I decided to insert a new line character at all occurrences of a particular string in this file (say replacing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ducati
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] making each word of a line to a separate line

Hi, I have a line which has n number of words with separated by space. I wanted to make each word as a separate line. for example, i have a file that has line like i am a good boy i want the output like, i am a good (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read each line and saving the line in separate files

Hi Experts, I am having a requirement like this; Input file EIM_ACCT.ifb|1001|1005 EIM_ADDR.ifb|1002|1004 EIM_ABD.ifb|1009|1007 I want to read each line of this file and pass each line,one at a time,as an argument to another script. eg; 1.read first line->store it to a file->call... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashishpanchal85
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line at a specific line number with some other line

my requirement is, consider a file output cat output blah sdjfhjkd jsdfhjksdh sdfs 23423 sdfsdf sdf"sdfsdf"sdfsdf"""""dsf hellow there this doesnt look good et cetc etc etcetera i want to replace a line of line number 4 ("this doesnt look good") with some other line ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to separate one line to mutiple line based on one char?

Hi Gurus, I need separate one file which is one huge line to mutiple line. file like abcd # bcd # def # fge # ged I want to get abcd bcd def fge ged Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to separate one line to mutiple line based on certain number of characters?

hi Gurus, I need separate a file which is one huge line to multiple lines based on certain number of charactors. for example: abcdefghi high abaddffdd I want to separate the line to multiple lines for every 4 charactors. the result should be abcd efgh i hi gh a badd ffdd Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe.

Sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe. Is it possible to replace a whole line piped from someother command into a file at paritcular line... here is some basic execution flow.. the line number is 412 lineNo=412 Now i have a line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace values in script reading line by line using sed

Hi all, Let's say I have a script calling for the two variables PA_VALUE and PB_VALUE. for pa in PA_VALUE blah blah do for pb in PB_VALUE blah blah do I have a text file with two columns of values for PA and PB. 14.5 16.7 7.8 9.5 5.6 3.6 etc etc I would like to read this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimsonengineer
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split Every Line In Txt Into Separate Txt File, Named Same As The Line

Hi All Is there a way to export every line into new txt file where by the title of each txt output are same as the line ? I have this txt files containing names: Kandra Vanhooser Rhona Menefee Reynaldo Hutt Houston Rafferty Charmaine Lord Albertine Poucher Juana Maes Mitch Lobel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Output to file print as single line, not separate line

example of problem: when I echo "$e" >> /home/cogiz/file.txt result prints to file as:AA BB CC I need it to save to file as this:AA BB CC I know it's probably something really simple but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. Cogiz (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cogiz
7 Replies
sccs-val(1)							   User Commands						       sccs-val(1)

NAME
sccs-val, val - validate an SCCS file SYNOPSIS
/usr/ccs/bin/val - /usr/ccs/bin/val [-s] [-m name] [-rsid] [-y type] s.filename... DESCRIPTION
The val utility determines if the specified s.files meet the characteristics specified by the indicated arguments. val can process up to 50 files on a single command line. val has a special argument, `-', which reads the standard input until the end-of-file condition is detected. Each line read is indepen- dently processed as if it were a command line argument list. val generates diagnostic messages on the standard output for each command line and file processed and also returns a single 8-bit code upon exit as described below. The 8-bit code returned by val is a disjunction of the possible errors, that is, it can be interpreted as a bit string where (moving from left to right) the bits set are interpreted as follows: bit 0 = missing file argument bit 1 = unknown or duplicate option bit 2 = corrupted s.file bit 3 = can not open file or file not in s.file format bit 4 = the SCCS delta ID (SID) is invalid or ambiguous bit 5 = the SID does not exist bit 6 = mismatch between %Y% and -y argument bit 7 = mismatch between %M% and -m argument val can process two or more files on a given command line, and in turn can process multiple command lines (when reading the standard input). In these cases, an aggregate code is returned which is the logical OR of the codes generated for each command line and file pro- cessed. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -s Silent. Suppresses the normal error or warning messages. -m name Compares name with the %M% ID keyword in the s.file. -rsid Checks to see if the indicated SID is ambiguous, invalid, or absent from the s.file. -y type Compares type with the %Y% ID keyword. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of val: LANG, LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE, LC_MES- SAGES, and NLSPATH. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsprot | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sccs(1), sccs-admin(1), sccs-delta(1), sccs-get(1), sccs-help(1), what(1), sccsfile(4), attributes(5), environ(5), standards(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Use the SCCS help command for explanations (see sccs-help(1)). SunOS 5.10 30 Sep 2002 sccs-val(1)