Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SED: Removing Filenames From Paths Post 302399033 by ungalnanban on Friday 26th of February 2010 05:37:04 AM
Old 02-26-2010
MySQL

see using SED we can replace the filename in path.

Code:
sed 's%/[A-z]*$%/.%g' path

Input:
/u/dir1/dir2/dir3/file
/u/dir1/dir2/file
/u/dir1/file

Output:
/u/dir1/dir2/dir3/.
/u/dir1/dir2/.
/u/dir1/.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

removing the extension from all filenames in a folder

Hi there, I'm pretty new to UNIX and have tried trawling through this forum to find an answer to what I want to try to do, which I'm sure is very simple but I don't know how to do it. What I have a a folder that contains multiple files that I have copied from Windows and I want to remove the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnmcclintock
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing a character using sed

Hi, I have a file with the text below. How do i remove the character "%" from the text file using sed ? Can anybody help ? 0% 68% 72% 0% 54% 33% 75% 24% 6% 59% 77% 77% 33% (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed to isolate file paths separated by a pattern

Hi, I've been searching for a quick way to do this with sed, but to no avail. I have a file containing a long series of (windows) file paths that are separated by the pattern '@'. I would like to extract each file path so that I can later assign a variable to each path. Here is the file:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixjennings
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming Movies (or Flipping Portions of Filenames Using sed or awk)

Hey folks My problem is simple. For my first stash of movies, I used a naming convention of YEAR_MOVIE_NAME__QUALITY/ for each movie folder. For example, if I had a 1080p print of Minority Report, it would be 2002_Minority_Report__1080p/. The 2nd time around, I changed the naming convention... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksk
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question/review my script: removing bad chars from filenames

The task: remove undesirable characters from filenames. Restrictions: Must use basic RE, base utilities (non-GNU) and /bin/sh (ash). No ksh, zsh, perl, etc. Below is what I've come up with. It seems to work OK but I'm open to shorter, more efficient alternatives. Inside the square... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uiop44
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing spaces in filenames

I have a problem mounting images because of the spaces in the filenames. Does anyone know how to rename files by removing the spaces with the find command? find Desktop/$dir -name "*.dmg" -print -exec ??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ianebaj
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED removing CR/LF

I have a source text file that contains something like this: <start_template> bool function( void *<var_name> ) { // Blah Blah } </start_template> Following is used to remove this template from source file. template=$(sed -n -e '/<start_template>/,/<\/start_template>/{... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gee22
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Removing Dead Paths And Unusable Path Solaris 9

Hi, One of our Solaris servers was peviously zoned and connected to 2 seperate arrays, one HP and the other EMC. The server is now only connected to the EMC. The sever has x2 single port HBA's. When running cfgadm I see the following: root@qwicprod /dev/rdsk]# cfgadm -al Ap_Id Type... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing quotes in sed

I have a file and I want to remove quotes from the word " ` " through sed command but unable to remove I am using below command sed s/"`XYZ`"/"ZXY"/g file1.txt > file2.txt But this is not working. How can we remove "`" through sed command (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show only the filenames under a directory without relative and absolute paths.

I am able to list all the filenames under a directory & its sub-directories except blent.tar on Linux find "/tmp/" -type f | grep -v blent.tar | rev | cut -d '/' -f1 | rev Desired Output: THIRDPARTYLICENSEREADME.txt javaws libjavaplugin_oji.so libjavaplugin_oji.so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
DirCompare(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   DirCompare(3pm)

NAME
File::DirCompare - Perl module to compare two directories using callbacks. SYNOPSIS
use File::DirCompare; # Simple diff -r --brief replacement use File::Basename; File::DirCompare->compare($dir1, $dir2, sub { my ($a, $b) = @_; if (! $b) { printf "Only in %s: %s ", dirname($a), basename($a); } elsif (! $a) { printf "Only in %s: %s ", dirname($b), basename($b); } else { print "Files $a and $b differ "; } }); # Version-control like Deleted/Added/Modified listing my (@listing, @modified); # use closure to collect results File::DirCompare->compare('old_tree', 'new_tree', sub { my ($a, $b) = @_; if (! $b) { push @listing, "D $a"; } elsif (! $a) { push @listing, "A $b"; } else { if (-f $a && -f $b) { push @listing, "M $b"; push @modified, $b; } else { # One file, one directory - treat as delete + add push @listing, "D $a"; push @listing, "A $b"; } } }); DESCRIPTION
File::DirCompare is a perl module to compare two directories using a callback, invoked for all files that are 'different' between the two directories, and for any files that exist only in one or other directory ('unique' files). File::DirCompare has a single public compare() method, with the following signature: File::DirCompare->compare($dir1, $dir2, $sub, $opts); The first three arguments are required - $dir1 and $dir2 are paths to the two directories to be compared, and $sub is the subroutine reference called for all unique or different files. $opts is an optional hashref of options - see OPTIONS below. The provided subroutine is called for all unique files, and for every pair of 'different' files encountered, with the following signature: $sub->($file1, $file2) where $file1 and $file2 are the paths to the two files. For 'unique' files i.e. where a file exists in only one directory, the subroutine is called with the other argument 'undef' i.e. for: $sub->($file1, undef) $sub->(undef, $file2) the first indicates $file1 exists only in the first directory given ($dir1), and the second indicates $file2 exists only in the second directory given ($dir2). OPTIONS The following optional arguments are supported, passed in using a hash reference after the three required arguments to compare() e.g. File::DirCompare->compare($dir1, $dir2, $sub, { cmp => $cmp_sub, ignore_unique => 1, }); cmp By default, two files are regarded as different if their contents do not match (tested with File::Compare::compare). That default behaviour can be overridden by providing a 'cmp' subroutine to do the file comparison, returning zero if the two files are equal, and non-zero if not. E.g. to compare using modification times instead of file contents: File::DirCompare->compare($dir1, $dir2, $sub, { cmp => sub { -M $_[0] <=> -M $_[1] }, }); ignore_cmp If you want to see all corresponding files, not just 'different' ones, set the 'ignore_cmp' flag to tell File::DirCompare to skip its file comparison checks i.e. File::DirCompare->compare($dir1, $dir2, $sub, { ignore_cmp => 1 }); ignore_unique If you want to ignore files that only exist in one of the two directories, set the 'ignore_unique' flag i.e. File::DirCompare->compare($dir1, $dir2, $sub, { ignore_unique => 1 }); SEE ALSO
File::Dircmp, which provides similar functionality (and whose directory walking code I've adapted for this module), but a simpler reporting-only interface, something like the first example in the SYNOPSIS above. AUTHOR AND CREDITS
Gavin Carr <gavin@openfusion.com.au> Thanks to Robin Barker for a bug report and fix for glob problems with whitespace. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2006-2007 by Gavin Carr. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-03-02 DirCompare(3pm)