Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions scp Command from Linux to Windows Post 302398772 by pludi on Thursday 25th of February 2010 01:49:24 PM
Old 02-25-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by twhitmarsh
That's strange, would it still be giving me a usage?
Huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by twhitmarsh
I'm trying to do this with no built-ins. I'm running a x86_64-redhat box. Any thoughts?
SSH isn't a built-in, on no OS. It just ships with most UNIX-like systems (like Linux), which means that it's included in the distribution the same way as Apache, OpenOffice, or gcc. You can check this by using
Code:
rpm -qa | grep openssh

Windows, OTOH, ships (in it's current desktop variant) on a DVD, but without such nice perks as multiple desktop environments, office suit, useful email program, web server, ... Or an SSH server. It doesn't matter what your UNIX-like system is, without an installed SSH server on the Windows side of the communication channel it won't have a clue what your trying to do.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

scp from windows

does anyone know of an app that is scriptable or automated to x-fer a file from win to unix using ssh? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need an scp command from a unix box to a windows box.

scp file="myfile.txt" todir="user@somehost:(M:drive:/somepath/)"/ Not sure I need it to go to a specific drive on the windows box (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xgringo
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp from aix to windows (cygwin) fails

Hi... my problem is that I want to copy one html-file to my windows-box webserver using scp. so far no problem but the destination is in /cygdrive/c/program files/dest and as we all know unix doesnt like spaces in paths. scp html.file user@windowsbox:/cygdrive/c/program... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cypher82
5 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Passwordless SCP for windows

Hi, I installed OpenSSH for Windows v3.8.1 on a Windows Server 2003 R2. From my pc (which is running windows XP), I can run commands like scp to the server. But its prompting me for a password. I googled some more and found out about the public/private keys which i set up. But... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wala_lang
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP

I need a shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP. The files keeps changing day-to-day. I have to copy the latest file to the windows machine frm the linux machine. for example :In Linux, On July 20, the file name will be 20.txt and it should be copied to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin6034
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp command solaris to windows

Can I use scp command to throw a file from my Solaris box to Windows under this path "C:\work\SSL" ? If so, Please help me with a syntax. Also help me with any alternatives I can try. Solaris ----> Windows . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shifahim
2 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

scp to windows and delete files from windows

Hi Team, I Have list file in Unix server, I need to copy files from Windows to Unix for the list of files given in Unix list file. after coping files to unix, I need to delete the files from Windows. i used SCP and moved files from windows to unix based on list file is done and working.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spradeep86
1 Replies

8. AIX

How to copy file from Windows to AIX using SCP?

Hi I'd like to copy file ( or directory ) from a window server to an unix server using scp command, something like this scp -rp admin@10.0.99.99:C:\Documents and Settings\abc.txt /home/oracle/abc.txtI tried testing something like command above but nothing worked. Somebody help !! Thank you (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
7 Replies

9. AIX

ASK | How to scp command AIX to windows

Hii Master, im will copy file/directory aix to windows with scp commandline, but some error below: Note: If ping to 172.16.0.250 reply and was connected, and was open/allow port 22 at windows server inbound In aix finish installing ssh in windows finish installing winscp my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: williamen
3 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Run Linux command from windows

hi i downloaded nic demo application from nic.comuf.com. working fine ,but when i run batch script ,always display splash screen maybe 10 sec. how can i remove splash screen when run batch script.? thanks z (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zoldkovacs
2 Replies
libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip_ex(3)				  libssh2 manual				libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip_ex(3)

NAME
libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip_ex - Tunnel a TCP connection through an SSH session SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> LIBSSH2_CHANNEL * libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip_ex(LIBSSH2_SESSION *session, const char *host, int port, const char *shost, int sport); LIBSSH2_CHANNEL * libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip(LIBSSH2_SESSION *session, const char *host, int port); DESCRIPTION
session - Session instance as returned by libssh2_session_init_ex(3) host - Third party host to connect to using the SSH host as a proxy. port - Port on third party host to connect to. shost - Host to tell the SSH server the connection originated on. sport - Port to tell the SSH server the connection originated from. Tunnel a TCP/IP connection through the SSH transport via the remote host to a third party. Communication from the client to the SSH server remains encrypted, communication from the server to the 3rd party host travels in cleartext. RETURN VALUE
Pointer to a newly allocated LIBSSH2_CHANNEL instance, or NULL on errors. ERRORS
LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. SEE ALSO
libssh2_session_init_ex(3) libssh2 0.15 1 Jun 2007 libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip_ex(3)