Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check login details
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Check login details Post 302398633 by thillai_selvan on Thursday 25th of February 2010 06:18:05 AM
Old 02-25-2010
Have you got the location now? I have mentioned the file path as per my file system structure

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP details for Unix/Linux login clients?

Hi there, I am wondering if by logging in to a unix system, if it is possible to get the IP address of the machine I am connecting FROM. I know how I can do this using the name server, but is this possible without a host lookup?:confused: Thanks, -ghoti (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghoti
15 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Reg:Login details

Hi, I want to change my login name.Can u please suggest me how to do that.:confused: Regards, Jyothi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyothi_wipro
3 Replies

3. AIX

Last login details in banner

Friends!! I need your help. Where can i change/set the last login details as below in aix 5.3. And how to do that to get the results as exactly below login as: mbpops mbpops@xx.28.3.24's password: Last unsuccessful login: Mon Nov 22 14:32:27 GMT 2010 on ssh from 10.132.5.129 Last login:... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmvinay
17 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to check SMTP server details on Unix

Hi All, I am trying to figure out how to check SMTP server details on Unix enviornment? I tried using echo "hello" | sendmail -v abc@xyz.com and got following error: -bash: sendmail: command not found -bash: echo: write error: Broken pipe Any help will be much appreciated regarding... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: palak08
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i check the REDHAT details?

I am using lunix machine. I want to check if this is RED HAT 4 or higher version. How do i check this? The below output does not tell about REDHAT version. $ uname -a Linux chfdallindb11 2.6.18-128.7.1.el5 #1 SMP Wed Aug 19 04:00:49 EDT 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux $ Any help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
2 Replies

6. AIX

How to find the year in last login details

Hi Friends I have a query. we had a requirement to see the last login details of our users so I ran the command last <username> and the output i get is: wtmp begins Apr 17 21:48 Now I need to know couple of things: 1. How can I see the year this log is being read from wtmp file 2. Is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathandrake13
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capturing the login logout details of user

Hi I'm new to Shell scripting .Can anyone please help me how to capture user's login and logout details and load them into a table... we are using Oracle DB on UNIX:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajmohan146
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing login details to htaccess login prompt

Hi, How i can pass the login details to the URL which is password protected with the htaccess using command line or script (perl,or shell,or php). Any help or hint appreciated. Thanks, SJ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilvesterJ
4 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Changing login details

Dear Administrators! I would like to change my username for this forum, would it be possible? Regards FR (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fretagi
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reporting last login details

Most of my Solaris 10 user accounts are generally 10 characters long. When I run the 'last' command the report only shows the first 8 characters so the information is not very helpful. How can I report the full 10 character user account. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PPOWER55
1 Replies
getmnt(2)							System Calls Manual							 getmnt(2)

Name
       getmnt - get information about mounted file systems

Syntax
       #include <sys/types.h>
       #include <sys/param.h>
       #include <sys/mount.h>

getmnt(start, buffer, nbytes, mode, path)
       int *start;
       struct fs_data *buffer;
       int  nbytes, mode;
       char  *path;

Description
       The system call retrieves information about mounted file systems.

The mode argument is one of the following: or

If  mode  is or then path is the name of a single file system for which information is desired, start and nbytes are ignored, and buffer is
       assumed to be large enough to hold one structure.

If mode is or then path is ignored.  The start argument is the current logical location within the internal system mount table and must	be
       initially  set  to The start argument is updated to reflect the current logical location within the system mount table, allowing successive
       executions of to retrieve information about all the mounted file systems.  The nbytes argument defines the size of buffer, into	which  the
       file  system information is returned.  Buffer sizes must be a multiple of bytes.  Larger buffer sizes allow information about multiple file
       systems to be returned.

If mode is or then dynamic information (the number of free inodes and the number of free blocks) could be out of date, but these calls  are
       guaranteed to return.  The file system information in memory is not updated.

If  mode  is  or then the file system information in memory is updated.	However, if the server of any file system for which information is
       being retrieved is down, then these calls will hang until the server responds.

When information about multiple file systems is returned, it is stored within consecutive buffer locations.  The information for each  file
       system is described by the structure
       struct fs_data {
	    struct    fs_data_req    fd_req;   /* required data */
	    u_int     fd_spare[113];	  /* spare */
       };   /* 2560 bytes */

struct fs_data_req {    /* required part for all file systems */
	    u_int     flags;	/* how mounted */
	    u_int     mtsize;	/* max transfer size in bytes */
	    u_int     otsize;	/* optimal transfer size in bytes */
	    u_int     bsize;	/* fs block size in bytes for vm code */
	    u_int     fstype;	/* see ../h/fs_types.h	*/
	    u_int     gtot;	/* total number of gnodes */
	    u_int     gfree;	/* # of free gnodes */
	    u_int     btot;	/* total number of 1K blocks */
	    u_int     bfree;	/* # of free 1K blocks */
	    u_int     bfreen;	/* user consumable 1K blocks */
	    u_int     pgthresh; /* min size in bytes before paging*/
	    int  uid;	   /* uid that mounted me */
	    dev_t     dev;	/* major/minor of fs */
	    dev_t     pad;	/* alignment: dev_t is a short*/
	    char devname[MAXPATHLEN + 4];  /* name of dev */
	    char path[MAXPATHLEN + 4];	   /* name of mount point */
       }

Return Values
       Upon  successful  completion,  a value indicating the number of structures stored in buffer is returned.  If the file system is not mounted
       (mode is or or there are no more file systems in the mount table (mode is or is returned.  Otherwise, is returned and the  global  variable
       errno is set to indicate the error.

Diagnostics
       [ENOTDIR]	 A component of the path prefix of path is not a directory.

[EINVAL] 	 Invalid argument.

[ENAMETOOLONG]	 The length of a component of path exceeds 255 characters, or the length of path exceeds 1023 characters.

[ENOENT] 	 The file referred to by path does not exist.

[EACCESS]	 Search permission is denied for a component of the path prefix of path.

[ELOOP]		 Too many symbolic links were encountered in translating path.

[EFAULT] 	 Either buffer or start causes an illegal address to be referenced.

[EIO]		 An I/O error occurred while reading from the file system.

See Also
       gfsi(5)

getmnt(2)