Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SUMA does not download
Operating Systems AIX SUMA does not download Post 302398552 by ross.mather on Thursday 25th of February 2010 02:41:39 AM
Old 02-25-2010
Your suma problem is related to the following two URLS:
www14.software.ibm.com - to get the Fix List and
www7b.software.ibm.com - to get the actual fixes.

Some network admins want both the URL and IP addresses related to it in their firewall, and the SUMA IP addresses were changed last year. You may also wish to switch the download method to http rather than ftp as Network admins are less opposed to that as a protocol (for security reasons)

Always be wary of staging fixes through a Windows PC as the case sensitivity (or lack thereof) will cause some filesets to go missing. SUMA is now Best Practice for patch and TL management, especially when used together with NIM.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

download

where can i download the game (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kabouter5454
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Download

Hello All, I need to train myself in UNIX. Where can I get UNIX OS download, so that I can multi boot it with my existing Windows OS? Thanks PHK (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pkirangi
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Download HP-UX

Hi, I want to download HP-UX 11.31. From where i could get it? Thanks, Prashant. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashantbhushan
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Download HP-UX

Hi all, Can anyone pls gimme the sitename or some torrent link to download HP-UX DVD / CDs. I want it for intel machines. Pls help. Thanks in adv. Vikas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikas027
1 Replies

5. AIX

which SP to download

Hi All, Which should I download from this SP: http://www-933.ibm.com/eserver/support/fixes/fixcentral/pseriesfixpackinformation/5300-08-02-0822 I got my AIX5.3 freshly installed. Thank you in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to set up SUMA i n AIX Environment

Hi , How to set up SUMa in AIX environment. Any suggestions? Thanks, Sureeh C (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: choudarysuresh
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep -- suma de numeros

tengo un shell el cual hace un grep a un log el cual me arroja algo similar a esto 12/01/09 17:18.26 ARCHIVO OK - No. Reg procesados: 500 En ocasiones en un solo log me genera mas de 500 registros procesados, los registros el log lo graba en cantidades de 500. lo que tengo que haces es... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sameth
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

How to download HP-UX OS?

How to download HP-UX OS? I want to install Hp-UX OS for practicing commands and all. Which site can I use? Kindly help!! Thank you in advance!:o (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
4 Replies

9. HP-UX

How to download HP-UX OS?

How to download HP-UX OS? I want to install Hp-UX OS for practicing commands and all. Which site can I use? Kindly help!! Thank you in advance!:o (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
7 Replies

10. AIX

Configure HTTP proxy in SUMA

Hi, I am trying to configure an HTTP_PROXY so that suma can reach out beyond our intranet and pull updates from the IBM website. Currently, our suma config is the default as it's not been used before. When I attempt to issue the following command sudo suma... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JAR1
7 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)