Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help with PKZIP
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help with PKZIP Post 302397750 by vbe on Tuesday 23rd of February 2010 03:56:24 AM
Old 02-23-2010
Usually, on a 32Bit OS, there is a addressing limit (2GB) which by extension set limits to files (single file size) etc...
Then for others there is a question of compatibility so in standard mode you are also limited to 2GB...
In other words it depends on your OS, and tools you are using...

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uncompress pkzip files

Are there any unix/linux tools that can uncompress the "pkzip" files from DOS env. Thanks . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wing m. Cheng
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PKZIP on AIX

Hi, I have a situation where I need to zip files(using pkzip) and send it to vendor, the problem is we are on AIX 5L and when I do man pkzip it does not show anything I assume that it is not installed, but I read some where that it would be istalled but not enabled is it right if yes could... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

uncompress of PKZIP files on HPUX

Hi All, is there any command to unzip the compressed files compressed using PKZIP on HP-UX. We dont have unzip. and gunzip or compress commands are not working. is there any other to do this? Thank you very much for the help. Regards, Srinivas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivas_paluku
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

gzip compatibility with WinZip/PKZIP

I have 4 files in a dir , A_to_Z.txt Z_to_A.txt 1_to_20.txt 20_to_1.txt I want to create a single gzip file which will contain these 4 text files. This gzip file should be compatible with Windows PKZIP/WinZip. I know you will suggest 'tar' command. But PKZIP/WinZip dont recognize zipped tar... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanu_kanu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the code for compressing files using pkzip ?

hi everyone , Can someone provide me a shell program to compress and decompress files using gzip , i dont know anything in shell programming , this code is a part of my project. So can someone help with me the code ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mig23
2 Replies

6. AIX

unzip pkzip for AIX

Attached unzip pkzip bzip for AIX How to install it 1) download the attachment 2) ftp it to AIX machines in binary mode ftp it to /tmp/unzip 3) cd /tmp/unzip 4) inutoc . 5) smitty install_all 6) select source as ==> . 7) Select the packages by pressing F4 or ESC+4 8)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies
ZIPMERGE(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ZIPMERGE(1)

NAME
zipmerge - merge zip archives SYNOPSIS
zipmerge [-DhIiSsV] target-zip source-zip Op source-zip ... DESCRIPTION
zipmerge merges the source zip archives source-zip into the target zip archive target-zip. By default, files in the source zip archives overwrite existing files of the same name in the target zip archive. Supported options: -D Ignore directory components in file name comparisons. -h Display a short help message and exit. -I Ignore case in file name comparisons -i Ask before overwriting files. See also -s. -S Do not overwrite files that have the same size and CRC32 in both the source and target archives. -s When -i is given, do not before overwriting files that have the same size and CRC32. -V Display version information and exit. EXIT STATUS
zipmerge exits 0 on success and 1 if an error occurred. SEE ALSO
zipcmp(1), ziptorrent(1), libzip(3) AUTHORS
Dieter Baron <dillo@giga.or.at> and Thomas Klausner <tk@giga.or.at> NiH June 4, 2008 ZIPMERGE(1)