Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Expiration date of user account Post 302397607 by frustrated1 on Monday 22nd of February 2010 05:01:40 PM
Old 02-22-2010
Try: passwd -s

(man passwd)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

user acct expiration

how can i tell on a solaris 9 if a user acct has an expiration date? and when that expuiration is. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Account creation date

Hi All, Is there a simple and obvious way to see when an account was created.An account has come to my attention in /etc/passwd and a last on it shows having never logged in and the home directory looks to be a couple of years old. Just wondering if I'm over looking anything obvious. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hayez
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

user account creation date

hi, i tried searching the forum for a thread about this, but came up empty handed. is there a way to pull a list of all user accounts, with the associated creation date? thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lilweezy
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find out expiration date

I want to know when my account is gonna expire. Is there a shell command that tells this? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilbav
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write a shellscript to send a mail alert to the website user based on license expiration time

hi, i am very much new to shell scripting i have a requirement that i have to develop a License Renewal Alert system that has to give a alert mail to the users before 30days of user account expiration, by checking expiration date of the user with the data base, this system will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepu_Shscripts
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

wget - cookie with expiration date

How can I create a cookie with expiration date using either wget or curl? I am able to use cli wget, cli curl, or php curl. I don't see that the cookies I have created contain an expiration date, and I have a problem logging into a forum that looks for the expiration date. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Neo's passport expiration date.

I found this to be a bit of a disturbing coincidence. youtube.com/watch?v=CxW79CwSK9M&hd=1 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: absorber
0 Replies

9. HP-UX

How to check password expiration date of particular user?

Hi Guys, I am new to HP-UX and want to find expiration date of particular user please also note i don't have root access on that server. for e.g. i have user abc on my HP box and want to know when its password going to expire and also when its password changed last time. I also try to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yasin Rakhangi
7 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

User account expiration notification

Dear Concern, Is there any built in tool/application/command available for Linux user account expiration notification purpose. With Best Regards, Md. Abdullah-Al Kauser (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
2 Replies
mkpwdict(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      mkpwdict(1M)

NAME
mkpwdict - maintain password-strength checking database SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/mkpwdict [-s dict1,... ,dictN] [-d destination-path] DESCRIPTION
The mkpwdict command adds words to the dictionary-lookup database used by pam_authtok_check(5) and passwd(1). Files containing words to be added to the database can be specified on the command-line using the -s flag. These source files should have a single word per line, much like /usr/share/lib/dict/words. If -s is omitted, mkpwdict will use the value of DICTIONLIST specified in /etc/default/passwd (see passwd(1)). The database is created in the directory specified by the -d option. If this option is omitted, mkpwdict uses the value of DICTIONDBDIR specified in /etc/default/passwd (see passwd(1)). The default location is /var/passwd. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -s Specifies a comma-separated list of files containing words to be added to the dictionary-lookup database. -d Specifies the target location of the dictionary-database. FILES
/etc/default/passwd See passwd(1). /var/passwd default destination directory ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
passwd(1), attributes(5), pam_authtok_check(5) SunOS 5.10 1 Jun 2004 mkpwdict(1M)