Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What are Your Favorite Chips? Mine are Doritos Nacho Cheesier! Post 302397349 by Neo on Monday 22nd of February 2010 12:44:32 AM
Old 02-22-2010
What are Your Favorite Chips? Mine are Doritos Nacho Cheesier!

By far, Doritos Nacho Cheesier are the best tasting chips, well at least too me.

Have you tried them?

What are your favorite chips?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Your favorite command and mine - grep

Is their a way to grep for only one occurrence? Here is an example: given the file information: BCX 3 5 BCX 23 94 BNG 34 34 BCX 2 09 if I do: grep BCX ./file then i get them all, how can i get just one of them. But let's say there could be a variable number of the desired... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wxornot
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix (not Linux) on x86 chips?

Hi everyone- I'm creating an asset database for our company and the previous person who worked on this began categorizing servers in this manner: Hardware Server Windows (or Unix) I stated that Windows and Unix are software, not hardware and don't describe the physical box in any way.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robywar
4 Replies

3. Fedora

od -c . does not work on mine

# od -c . od: .: read error: Is a directory 0000000 I read the book about shell (Kernighan, Pike) and some exaples (like this) does not work. I read this book carefully (because I think now quickly) even reread to better understand. In this book there is a good example how to see what a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xcislav
2 Replies

4. Hardware

Figuring out if Ubuntu will work (completely) with an Acer One (w/ AMD fusion chips)

Hi, I am trying to buy a netbook with Ubuntu pre-installed. I have looked for hours and have not found anything. Calls to Dell, HP, Toshiba have confirmed them NOT selling Ubuntu preloaded laptops. This leads me to look for a netbook that can handle Ubuntu. Getting to the point... I think I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mearex
4 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

40 years of chips

I've been thinking about modern CPUs. Apart from x86 and SPARC, is there any other 'kind' of CPU used today in computers (not in playstation3, phones and similar) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
6 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Apple looking to switch to using in-house ARM chips for their HW.

Hi guys and gals... Intel reportedly expects Apple to start the Mac's transition to ARM next year - 9to5Mac (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies
I2C-STUB-FROM-DUMP(8)					      System Manager's Manual					     I2C-STUB-FROM-DUMP(8)

NAME
i2c-stub-from-dump - feed i2c-stub with dump files SYNOPSIS
i2c-stub-from-dump address[,address,...] dump-file [dump-file ...] DESCRIPTION
i2c-stub-from-dump is a small helper script for the i2c-stub kernel driver. It lets you setup one or more fake I2C chips on the i2c-stub bus based on dumps of the chips you want to emulate. i2c-stub-from-dump requires i2cdetect and i2cset to be installed and reachable through the user's PATH. The former is used to find out the i2c-stub bus number, while the latter is used to write to the fake I2C chips. EXAMPLE
You have an I2C chip on system A. You would like to do some development on its driver on system B. Here are the few steps you have to fol- low. On system A, use i2cdump to capture a dump from the chip. Assuming that the chip in question lives at address 0x4c on I2C bus 0, you would run: i2cdump -y 0 0x4c b > chip.dump Adjust the bus number and chip address for your case. i2cdetect can help you find out their values. If the device uses word (16-bit) regis- ter access instead of the traditional byte (8-bit) access, use mode w instead of b. Copy the dump file to system B. On system B, run: i2c-stub-from-dump 0x4c chip.dump This will load the required i2c-dev and i2c-stub kernel drivers if needed, then write all the register values to the emulated I2C chip at address 0x4c. Again, adjust the address as needed. LIMITATIONS
There are some limitations to the kind of devices that can be handled: o Device must not have banks (as most Winbond devices do). SEE ALSO
i2cdump(8), i2cdetect(8), i2cset(8) AUTHOR
Jean Delvare March 2010 I2C-STUB-FROM-DUMP(8)