Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting NAWK array to store lines from huge file Post 302396997 by radoulov on Saturday 20th of February 2010 09:41:18 AM
Old 02-20-2010
Yes. If you need more help please post sample input data and an example of the desired output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines from huge file

I have to delete 1st 7000 lines of a file which is 12GB large. As it is so large, i can't open in vi and delete these lines. Also I found one post here which gave solution using perl, but I don't have perl installed. Also some solutions were redirecting the o/p to a different file and renaming it.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to store the values in a file into an array

Hi, I do have a file and the contents are as follws: 10 20 30 40 50 Now I want to store those values into an array. How can be done this ?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: risshanth
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prase a file and store and result to an array

Dear all, I have a file having the following formats: ThreadFail=Web1=1234 ThreadFail=Web2=2345 ThreadFail=Web3=12 ConnectionFail=DB1=11 ConnectionFail=DB2=22 The number of lines will be different from every time . How can I parse the file and store the result to an a array inside... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: youareapkman
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy and paste certain many lines of huge file in linux

Dear All, I am working with windoes OS but remote a linux machine. I wonder the way to copy an paste some part of a huge file in linux machine. the contain of file like as follow: ... dump annealling all custom 10 anneal_*.dat id type x y z q timestep 0.02 run 200000 Memory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ariesto
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Most reliable way to store file contents in an array in bash

Hi Guys, I have a file which has numbers in it separated by newlines as follows: 1.113 1.456 0.556 0.021 -0.541 -0.444 I am using the following code to store these in an array in bash: FILE14=data.txt ARRAY14=(`awk '{print}' $FILE14`) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store all the passed arguments in an array and display the array

Hi I want to write a script which store all the parameters passed to the script into an array. Once it is stored I want scan through the array and and delete those files for last month present inside the directory. The files in directory is appneded with YYYY_MM_DD. I want to know how can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

In a huge file, Delete duplicate lines leaving unique lines

Hi All, I have a very huge file (4GB) which has duplicate lines. I want to delete duplicate lines leaving unique lines. Sort, uniq, awk '!x++' are not working as its running out of buffer space. I dont know if this works : I want to read each line of the File in a For Loop, and want to... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnix
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to split a huge file by every 100 lines

into small files. i need to add a head.txt and tail.txt into small files at the begin and end, and give a name as q1.xml q2.xml q3.xml .... thank you very much. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtdt
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting a huge line of file into multiple lines with fixed number of columns

Hi, I have a huge file with a single line. But I want to break that line into lines of with each line having five columns. My file is like this: code: "hi","there","how","are","you?","It","was","great","working","with","you.","hope","to","work","you." I want it like this: code:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store values from a file into an array variable in Shell

Dear All, I have been trying to do a simple task of extracting 2 fields from the file (3 rows) and store it in an array variable. I tried with: #! /bin/bash ch=`cut -f10 tmp.txt` counter=0 for p in $pid do c=${ch} echo "$c ..$counter" counter=$((counter+1))... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezhil01
2 Replies
AUCONVERT(1)						      General Commands Manual						      AUCONVERT(1)

NAME
auconvert - perform various conversion operations on sound files SYNOPSIS
auconvert [-file <format>] [-data <format>] [-rate <sample rate>] [-comment <comment>] [-raw <data format> <num tracks>] [-volume <per- cent>|`max'] [-?] [<input file>] [<output file>] DESCRIPTION
The auconvert program can be used to convert from one sound file format, and/or data format to another. It can also change the comment, sampling rate, and volume of a sound file. Finally, auconvert can be used to convert raw audio data into a sound file. If no input file name is given, standard input will be used. If no output file name is given, the original file will be replaced by the converted file or standard out will be used if the input is coming from standard input. OPTIONS
The following options may be used with auconvert: -file format The output file format. The -? option will display a list of valid file formats. -data format The output data format. The -? option will display a list of valid data formats. Note that each file format may only support selected data formats. -rate sample rate The output sampling rate (in hertz). -comment comment The comment to be stored in the output file. -volume <percent>|`max' The volume option can be used in two ways. If the argument is a percentage, the output file volume will be converted to the speci- fied percentage of the input volume. If the argument is the string `max', the output file volume will be converted to its maximum level. -raw <data format> <num tracks> This option is used to convert raw audio data into a sound file. <data format> is the data format of the raw data. <num tracks> specifies the number of tracks in the raw data. You must also use the -file and -rate options when converting raw data. -? Displays a usage message and a list of supported file and data formats. SEE ALSO
nas(1), auedit(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1993, 1994 Network Computing Devices, Inc. AUTHOR
Greg Renda, Network Computing Devices, Inc. 1.9.3 AUCONVERT(1)