Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem with dump write error Post 302396930 by methyl on Friday 19th of February 2010 07:27:01 PM
Old 02-19-2010
Hmm. Probably tape full.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump?

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aileen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dump and restore problem

Hi all, having problem with dump & restore for cloning simple linux system. The command is : dump -0u -f /temp/var.dump /dev/sda5 But somehow the result displayed: ~~~~~~ dump: ACLs in inode #1250760 won't be dumped: Inappropriate ioctl for device dump: ACLs in inode #1250761 won't be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mycoolwater
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Write problem in NFS

Hi Gurus, I am trying to share certain file with NFS. Requirement is to give access to root of another host to some file system which is shared through NFS. Step1. I entered the below line in /etc/dfs/dfstab share -F nfs -o root=sun2 /usr/src ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
3 Replies

4. Solaris

fssnap error :snapshot error: File system could not be write locked

Hi Guys. This is part of my filesystem structure : Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 47G 5.2G 42G 12% / /devices 0K 0K 0K 0% /devices ctfs 0K 0K 0K 0% ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to catch the output after core dump and bus error

I have a weird situation in which the binary dumps core and gives bus error. But before dumping the core and throwing the buss error, it gives some output. unfortunately I can't grep the output before core dump db2bfd -b test.bnd maxSect 15 Bus Error (core dumped) But if I do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
4 Replies

6. IP Networking

read/write,write/write lock with smbclient fails

Hi, We have smb client running on two of the linux boxes and smb server on another linux system. During a backup operation which uses smb, read of a file was allowed while write to the same file was going on.Also simultaneous writes to the same file were allowed.Following are the settings in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Segmentation Fault(Core Dump) Error

Hi all, I have a folder with some 28 files. I have a script file that will iteratively take one file at a time from the folder and provide an output for the input file. Till the 7th file, there was no problem but from the 8th file onwards, i got this Segmentation Fault(Core Dump) error. A file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mick_000
2 Replies

8. Solaris

ipsec error seen in ikeadm dump p1 output

****** (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: meghnasreddy
0 Replies

9. Programming

Core dump error in code

HI, I am getting run time error when am trying to compile the following coe can any one please help me while (fgets(strLine, MAX_LINELEN, vobjFile) != NULL && feof(vobjFile) == 0) { printf("this is the first loop\n"); while (strcmp(strLine, "BEGINTRANS\n") !=... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday.sena.m
5 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problem in import & expdp Dump file

Hi all, i face a problem on (oracle database) installed on server Linux i need to export back as dump file, when i try to export give me the below error. # expdp system/oracle directory=test dumpfile=Prodfb20150311.dmp logfile=Prodfb20150311.log FULL=y Export: Release 11.2.0.1.0 -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clerck
2 Replies
AMLABEL(8)						      System Manager's Manual							AMLABEL(8)

NAME
amlabel - label an Amanda tape SYNOPSIS
amlabel [-f] config label [ slot slot ] DESCRIPTION
All Amanda tapes must be pre-labeled before they are used. Amanda verifies the label in amdump and amflush before writing to make sure the proper tape is loaded. Amlabel writes an Amanda label on the tape in the device specified by the amanda.conf file in /etc/amanda/config. Label may be any string that does not contain whitespace and that matches the amanda.conf labelstr regular expression option. It is up to the system administrator to define a naming convention. Amlabel appends the new tape to the tapelist file so it will be used by Amanda before it reuses any other tapes. When you amlabel multiple tapes, they will be used in the order you amlabel them. Amlabel will not write the label if the tape contains an active Amanda tape or if the label specified is on an active tape. The -f (force) flag bypasses these verifications. An optional slot may be specified after the tape label. If a tape changer is in use, amlabel will label the tape in the specified slot instead of the currently loaded tape. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. EXAMPLE
Write an Amanda label with the string "DMP000" on the tape loaded in the device named in the tapedev option in /etc/amanda/Daily- Set1/amanda.conf: % amlabel DailySet1 DMP000 Label the tape in slot 3 of the currently configured tape changer with the string "DMP003": % amlabel DailySet1 DMP003 slot 3 MESSAGES
label label doesn't match labelstr "str" Label label on the command line does not match the labelstr regular expression str from amanda.conf. label label already on a tape Label label is already listed as an active Amanda tape. no tpchanger specified in "path", so slot command invalid The command line has the slot parameter but the amanda.conf file in path does not have a tape changer configured. reading label label, tape is in another amanda configuration This tape appears to be a valid Amanda tape, but label does not match labelstr for this configuration so it is probably part of a different Amanda configuration. reading label label, tape is active Tape label appears to already be part of this Amanda configuration and active, i.e. has valid data on it. no label found, are you sure tape is non-rewinding? While checking that the label was written correctly, amlabel got an error that might be caused by mis-configuring Amanda with a rewinding tape device name instead of a non-rewinding device name for tape. AUTHOR
James da Silva <jds@cs.umd.edu> University of Maryland, College Park SEE ALSO
amanda(8) amdump(8) amflush(8) AMLABEL(8)