Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX running as a virtual client ? Post 302396916 by Scott on Friday 19th of February 2010 05:58:24 PM
Old 02-19-2010
Hi.

I wish there were, but sadly, there is not such a thing.

Maybe, in the future, when Linux starts eating into their business enough, they'll consider doing what Sun has done and opening up a bit (although Sun's "experiment" with open source Solaris has hardly paid of as I'm sure they'd intended it - i.e. by giving the software away and hoping to generate hardware revenue from it in the longer term), but I probably wouldn't hold my breath waiting for IBM to follow suite any time soon.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Am I running in a virtual partition

How can I tell if HP-UX 11 is running in a virtual partition from the command line? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Midcain
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX p5 virtual processors setting

Have a p570 LPAR capped/smt set to 4 physical processors. And currently have virtual processors set to 6 which gives 12 logical processors at AIX. This is for an Oracle9i database server running 4 instances. What should virtual processors be set to? at least initially? And how to determine when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guttew
3 Replies

3. AIX

how to find virtual ip in aix.

hi, can some body in helping me in finding the virtual ip of the aix machine using ifconfig. I tried ifconfig -a but there could be any interface name so finding that out would be difficult. So colud anyone suggest me some option. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasi_in
2 Replies

4. AIX

Virtual interface on AIX

Hi, I am totally new to AIX. I would like to know how to create virtual interface on AIX machine. Thanks, Pooja (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooja84k
4 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Virtual Server Question

I need help creating a Physical to Virtual server. I have successfully created 3 virtual machines on my VIO server. Now I want to move my physical aix 6.1 server to a virtual machine. I was able to backup/restore the rootvg successfully, but I am having so much trouble with my 20GB vg01 volume... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raemccarthy
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Sound not working on Solaris 10 running on Sun Virtual Box

Hello Friends, I have installed Solaris 10 on on Sun Virtual Box. I am able to browse internet on solaris 10 thru firefox, however I am not getting sound, there is cross on the tray icon of sound. Please help with this !! Regards, Sahil (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahilsardana
3 Replies

7. AIX

VIOS: Extend virtual disk assigned to running lpar?

Hello, VIOS 2.2.1.4 using IVM. I'm trying to extend a virtual disk assigned to a running lpar so that I can expand the lpar's datavg and grow some filesystems for the user. Storage admin expanded the lun and new size was reflected in VIO right away. I then needed the storage pool to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_aix
2 Replies

8. AIX

IBM Virtual Machine OS on intel x86 and x64? IBM AIX OS on IBM Virtual Machine?

Hi There, I have zero information and zero knowledge for IBM virtual machine except Amazon cloud and VMware ESXi (Only Linux OS available). Anyone could provide me the following answer - Can IBM VM been deploy on X86 and X64 (Intel Chip)? If answer is yes any chance to deploy AIX OS... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenyung
13 Replies
virtual-filesystems(7)					 Miscellaneous Information Manual				    virtual-filesystems(7)

NAME
virtual-filesystems - event signalling that virtual filesystems have been mounted SYNOPSIS
virtual-filesystems [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The virtual-filesystems event is generated by the mountall(8) daemon after it has mounted all virtual filesystems listed in fstab(5). mountall(8) emits this event as an informational signal, services and tasks started or stopped by this event will do so in parallel with other activity. This event is typically used by services that must be started in order to mount other filesystems. When this event occurs, common filesys- tems such as /usr may not be mounted. For most normal services the filesystem(7) event is sufficient. EXAMPLE
A service that wishes to be running once virtual filesystems are mounted might use: start on virtual-filesystems SEE ALSO
mounting(7) mounted(7) local-filesystems(7) remote-filesystems(7) all-swaps(7) filesystem(7) mountall 2009-12-21 virtual-filesystems(7)