Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sliding window for sequencing data Post 302396883 by radoulov on Friday 19th of February 2010 02:38:31 PM
Old 02-19-2010
Could you give an example of the desired output?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Ideas Please (File Sequencing)

Hello All Hope someone can help me with an idea or two on how to approach the following situation; I currently have a process that generates sequenced files. The sequencing is very important and skipping sequences are not allowed. The applicaton has a single thread that consume data produced... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcpkvh
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grab the data from the unix window

Hi, How could i grab a set of data (eg:file execution start & stop time stamp f) from unix? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siriv
1 Replies

3. Programming

Proximity-card reader: no data when app window out of focus

Hello. I can't get it work :( My application receives data from em-marin reader only being active. Switching to another app makes the port become silent. MarinReader works in another thread. Port reading is going while the app is inactive (tested). Env: Ubuntu 9.04, Gnome, Qt (i've tryed pure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dp0H
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sliding window

Very simple problem I am not able to solve. I have been trying to modify the following code: awk '{t=$1; c = x}{for (i = 1; i <= length; i += wn)print t FS"" substr($2, i, mx) > ("block" ++c)}' mx=100 wn=100 infile.txt What I am tryng to acccomplish, I have a bunch of files where the first... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help generating a script for next-generation sequencing data

I am not sure if this is entirely possible, but I want to compare data in a particular column in several .txt files and have a new file generated. I am a biologist with limited unix knowledge. There are currently no programs written for this type of analysis. First I would like to define the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kellywilliams
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"Sliding window" with variables

I'm doing a little work that involves computing the average completion time of the last 5 of many file decompressions. It's not too tough, but I'm wondering if maybe there's a better way to write it. This is a bash script; here's the current idea: ctime5=$ctime4 ctime4=$ctime3 ctime3=$ctime2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sliding window for string manipulation

I have a sting of "0"s and "1"s that I need to analyze. I need to look at each "1" and determine if it is in a neighborhood that is enriched for "1"s which means it is one of at least three "1"s in a 4 character window. My desired output is a count of "1"s in an enriched area. For Example Input... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monstrousturtle
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

TCP Same Ack Sequencing for Two Packets

I was analyzing a TCP snoop. And found following scenario From Server to Client ---> SEQ 2993 ACK 1744 WIN 8192 LEN 13 From Server to Client ---> SEQ 3006 ACK 1744 WIN 8192 LEN 13 From Client to server --> SEQ 1744 ACK 3019 WIN 3304 I just want to know Why Packet 1 and 2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_deb
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do add values in a vector using a sliding window?

Greetings. I have a vector of numbers such as the following: 1 75 79 90 91 92 109 120 167 198 203 204 206 224 230 236 240 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search and replace with a sliding window

Hi Unix Gurus, I have a file with data like: >header_1 TCCCCGA >header_2 CCAATTGGGTA The data to work with starts from the next line after '>header_xx'. (1) I want to search the three letter patterns 'CHH' or 'DDG' and replace C and G by exclamation ! so that CHH becomes !HH and DDG... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fahmida
3 Replies
SDL_OpenAudio(3)						 SDL API Reference						  SDL_OpenAudio(3)

NAME
SDL_OpenAudio - Opens the audio device with the desired parameters. SYNOPSIS
#include "SDL.h" int SDL_OpenAudio(SDL_AudioSpec *desired, SDL_AudioSpec *obtained); DESCRIPTION
This function opens the audio device with the desired parameters, and returns 0 if successful, placing the actual hardware parameters in the structure pointed to by obtained. If obtained is NULL, the audio data passed to the callback function will be guaranteed to be in the requested format, and will be automatically converted to the hardware audio format if necessary. This function returns -1 if it failed to open the audio device, or couldn't set up the audio thread. To open the audio device a desired SDL_AudioSpec must be created. SDL_AudioSpec *desired; . . desired=(SDL_AudioSpec *)malloc(sizeof(SDL_AudioSpec)); You must then fill this structure with your desired audio specifications. desired->freq desired->format desired->samples desired->callback void callback(void *userdata, Uint8 *stream, int len); userdata is the pointer stored in userdata field of the SDL_AudioSpec. stream is a pointer to the audio buffer you want to fill with information and len is the length of the audio buffer in bytes. desired->userdata SDL_OpenAudio reads these fields from the desired SDL_AudioSpec structure pass to the function and attempts to find an audio configuration matching your desired. As mentioned above, if the obtained parameter is NULL then SDL with convert from your desired audio settings to the hardware settings as it plays. If obtained is NULL then the desired SDL_AudioSpec is your working specification, otherwise the obtained SDL_AudioSpec becomes the working specification and the desirec specification can be deleted. The data in the working specification is used when building SDL_AudioCVT's for converting loaded data to the hardware format. SDL_OpenAudio calculates the size and silence fields for both the desired and obtained specifications. The size field stores the total size of the audio buffer in bytes, while the silence stores the value used to represent silence in the audio buffer The audio device starts out playing silence when it's opened, and should be enabled for playing by calling SDL_PauseAudio(0) when you are ready for your audio callback function to be called. Since the audio driver may modify the requested size of the audio buffer, you should allocate any local mixing buffers after you open the audio device. EXAMPLES
/* Prototype of our callback function */ void my_audio_callback(void *userdata, Uint8 *stream, int len); /* Open the audio device */ SDL_AudioSpec *desired, *obtained; SDL_AudioSpec *hardware_spec; /* Allocate a desired SDL_AudioSpec */ desired=(SDL_AudioSpec *)malloc(sizeof(SDL_AudioSpec)); /* Allocate space for the obtained SDL_AudioSpec */ obtained=(SDL_AudioSpec *)malloc(sizeof(SDL_AudioSpec)); /* 22050Hz - FM Radio quality */ desired->freq=22050; /* 16-bit signed audio */ desired->format=AUDIO_S16LSB; /* Mono */ desired->channels=0; /* Large audio buffer reduces risk of dropouts but increases response time */ desired->samples=8192; /* Our callback function */ desired->callback=my_audio_callback; desired->userdata=NULL; /* Open the audio device */ if ( SDL_OpenAudio(desired, obtained) < 0 ){ fprintf(stderr, "Couldn't open audio: %s ", SDL_GetError()); exit(-1); } /* desired spec is no longer needed */ free(desired); hardware_spec=obtained; . . /* Prepare callback for playing */ . . . /* Start playing */ SDL_PauseAudio(0); SEE ALSO
SDL_AudioSpec, SDL_LockAudio, SDL_UnlockAudio, SDL_PauseAudio SDL
Tue 11 Sep 2001, 22:58 SDL_OpenAudio(3)