Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pull specific data from repetitive text? Post 302396844 by TECK on Friday 19th of February 2010 12:42:17 PM
Old 02-19-2010
I need to define variables with awk: $index, $records, $size
See my non-working code prototype, used as example:
Code:
	indexlist=$(
		$indexer --config $CONF_PATH --run $1 |
		awk '/^testing index.*/ {printf "index=%d\n", $1}' |
		awk '/^total.*docs.*bytes$/ {printf "records=%d size=%d\n", $2, $4}'
	)
	for i in $indexlist; do
		echo $index
		echo $records
		echo $size
	done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading data from a specific line in a text file

hello, I have got the following problem that I am hoping someone can help with please. 1. I have got the following text file (below) , the columns data are 'Test Day', 'Board', 'Betting Number'. TEXT FILE ============================================ 1 3 02-01-27-28-29-30 0 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jermaine4ever
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading data from a specific line in a text file

Hello, I have a problem which is giving me headache for days, can some please help. Please see code and text fiel below. Please see text in red for the problem I am facing # Program gets an input x from user while read line ; do echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jermaine4ever
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do you use pull data from multiple lines to do a for statement?

Guys I am having a problem with being able to find missing monitors in a configuration check script I am trying to create for accountability purposes for managing a large number of systems. What I am trying to do is run a script that will look at the raw config data in a file and pull all the pool... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottzx7rr
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How pull the Data from the file and should be mailed

Hi All, I need to pull the data from a file from 2 set of directories & should be mailed. I have a code , it is failing for some reason. Do somebody correct me where my script is going wrong. Directories: 1st Set of Directory /176_PS/Transactions/**/syslog.log ** : prd1 prd2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in writing a script to create a new text file with specific data from existing two files

Hi, I have two text files. Need to create a third text file extracting specific data from first two existing files.. Text File 1: Format contains: SQL*Loader: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Wed Aug 4 21:06:34 2010 some text ............so on...and somwhere text like: Record 1:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shashi143ibm
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pull specific lines from long file based on formula

For people who want to pull a number of lines from a long file using a specific formula n (number of iterations in a loop) a (offset number) b (stretch factor) example with n {1..100} for (( n=1; n<101; n++ )); do awk -v n=$n 'NR==a+(b*n)' a=0 b=1 inputfile >>outputfile (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgruenwald
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

pull out rows with specific criteria

Hi, I have a file with multiple columns and for column 5 I want to extract that row into another file if it is equal to or greater than a certain value. For example: FAR 4 5 7 LOP GAT 3 3 3 POL I want values that are greater than 5 for column 4. So the final file will look like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting text files to xls through awk script for specific data format

Dear Friends, I am in urgent need for awk/sed/sh script for converting a specific data format (.txt) to .xls. The input is as follows: >gi|1234|ref| Query = 1 - 65, Target = 1677 - 1733 Score = 8.38, E = 0.6529, P = 0.0001513, GC = 46 fd sdfsdfsdfsdf fsdfdsfdfdfdfdfdf... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit1
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How can I pull specific information from PS?

I need to grab information from the output of the ps command. For each line of ps output that contains _progres -b I need to get the word that follows -p. The "-p" can be anywhere after "_progres -b". Using grep to select the correct lines is no problem (e.g. ps -ef|grep "_progres \-b|grep -v... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Papa Lee
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read all data after a specific string from a text file ?

Hi, I have a file(input.txt) and trying to format as output.txt. See the attached file format. Note: This is a windows file (DOS format) and the commands are also going to execute on windows. Basically I am trying to capture all the data in between Local Group Memberships and Global Group... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Monoj2014
10 Replies
PCLOCK(1)						      General Commands Manual							 PCLOCK(1)

NAME
pclock - pixmap clock SYNOPSIS
pclock [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the pclock command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. pclock is a program that places a small analog clock program on the desktop of X. It was designed to run under the WindowMaker window man- ager. It uses any 64x64 pixmap as a background. OPTIONS
The programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-') and short optoins starting with one dash. A summary of options is included below. -B PIXMAP, --background=PIXMAP Use the given pixmap as the clock background (size must be 64x64). -H COLOR, --hands-color=COLOR Draw the hands (hour, minute and second) in the specified color. -S COLOR, --second-hand-color Draw the second hand in the specified color -h, --help Show summary of options. --hour-hand-length=INT Draw the hour hand with the specified length of INT. --minute-hand-length=INT Draw the minute hand with the specified length of INT. --second-hand-length=INT Draw the second hand with the specified length of INT. --second-hand-width=INT Draw the minute hand with the specified width of INT. -s, --second-hand Don't display the second hand. -v, --version Show version of program. -w, --withdrawn Don't start up in a withdrawn (iconic) state. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Darren Benham <gecko@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). The soft- ware is copyrighted (c) 1998 by and released under the GPL v2. Author: Alexander Kourakos <Alexander@Kourakos.com> Web: http://www.kourakos.com/~awk/pclock/ PCLOCK(1)