Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Set variable with variable
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Set variable with variable Post 302396687 by Neo on Friday 19th of February 2010 05:00:48 AM
Old 02-19-2010
I don't think you can construct the names of a variable in PHP by treating the variable name as a string and concatenating two variables names together as you are trying to do. One way to do it in PHP would be to define norm_t as a two dimensional array.

Note: I could be wrong, but I have not seen this (as you are trying to do) and I look at a lot of PHP code every week!

PS: You are missing a ";" in your code (syntax error)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Export command giving Variable Name vs the Value set for the Variable

I'm having an issue when I export within my program. I'm getting the variable name, not the variable value. I have a configuration file (config.txt) that has the values of the variables set as so: set -a export ARCHIVEPOSourceDir="/interfaces/po/log /interfaces/po/data" export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ParNone
2 Replies

2. Linux

How do i set environment variable

Hi, I am quite new to Linux. And I have doubt how to set new environment variable with value to a C executable. Let say I have a environment variable $Hack ; I would like to load a value for this variable; so that when the C executable is executed, the $Hack would set the variable value. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

set variable with another variable? c shell

okay, this shouldn't be difficult but I can't figure it out. How can I set a variable with another variable. I have the following: foreach pe ($dir $sp) set tpe = `echo $pe | grep M` if ($tpe == M) then set ${$pe} = M <--- This doesn't work else endif end In this case what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wxornot
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

global variable not being set

In ksh I thought a global variable was any variable in a script or function that did not have the typeset command. I have a global in my calling script which I increment in a function, but the value does not change in the calling script. Here is the code: function f_open_log { typeset -r... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robotball
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

set variable in while loop?

Dear All, Can anyone advise why this script isn't run as expected? =========================== status=0 cat /etc/passwd | while read line; do status=1 done echo $status =========================== it always return 0 , but not 1. why? anything wrong? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tiger2000
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

set a variable with a variable name

Hi there, I can display a variable with a variable name: localhost:~# a=1 localhost:~# b=a localhost:~# echo $b a localhost:~# echo ${!b} 1 But how can I set a variable with a variable name? In the following example, I want to set a = 1: localhost:~# b=a localhost:~# $b=1 -bash:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set a variable with a count variable i.e. VARIABLE$COUNT

Hi All I've very nearly finished this script I'm working on but have hit another idiots problem, after googling I can't see a solution for this one. I have a while count loop that checks checks two consecutive values then increments the count by two. What the script has to do is then check... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
5 Replies

8. HP-UX

What is the use of command set -- and set - variable?

Hi, I am using hp unix i want to know the use of the following commands set -- set - variable thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomathi
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to know who and where a variable is set ?

hi, i'm not a root user and i want to know which user and in which file is loaded a variable seen in the "env" display ? I will use this variable but i want to be sure that it will be a permanent variable ! i don't see it in my files (.profile , kshrc...) and neither in /etc/profile. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

do you have a better way to set this variable?

greetings, i have a variable $input that i want to use to set $output. $input is /dir/filename.mph and $input is passed to my script that i manipulate it as follows: input=`basename $input`i want the $output to be filename_solved.mph, basically stuffing "_solved" in the filename. here's how i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
2 Replies
GET_CFG_VAR(3)								 1							    GET_CFG_VAR(3)

get_cfg_var - Gets the value of a PHP configuration option

SYNOPSIS
string get_cfg_var (string $option) DESCRIPTION
Gets the value of a PHP configuration $option. This function will not return configuration information set when the PHP was compiled, or read from an Apache configuration file. To check whether the system is using a configuration file, try retrieving the value of the cfg_file_path configuration setting. If this is available, a configuration file is being used. PARAMETERS
o $option - The configuration option name. RETURN VALUES
Returns the current value of the PHP configuration variable specified by $option, or FALSE if an error occurs. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | get_cfg_var(3) was fixed to be able to return | | | "array" ini options. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ini_get(3), ini_get_all(3). PHP Documentation Group GET_CFG_VAR(3)