Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris The X-Server can not be started on display :0 Post 302396651 by wasabihowdi on Friday 19th of February 2010 03:34:27 AM
Old 02-19-2010
Is it normal that I can not find any xorg.conf in the folder of /etc/X11?
this is what I get
Quote:
# ls -latr
total 20
drwxr-xr-x 2 root other 512 Jul 29 2008 serverconfig
drwxr-xr-x 2 root other 512 Jul 29 2008 starthere
drwxr-xr-x 2 root other 512 Jul 29 2008 sysconfig
drwxr-xr-x 6 root other 512 Jul 29 2008 .
drwxr-xr-x 7 root other 512 Jul 29 2008 gdm
drwxr-xr-x 87 root sys 4608 Feb 18 17:48 ..
and none of the sub folders have xorg.conf.
Should I just create one?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display the timestamp of a server UNIX

I can't find the command shell UNIX to display the timestamp of the current date. It's not an option of the commande date. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicolas
3 Replies

2. Solaris

X-SERVER will not display on Solaris 8

Hi, I just installed Solaris 8 (x86) on a PC and I cannot get the X-Server configured: Below is a copy of Xerrors: X_mkdir: No such file or directory X_mkdir: No such file or directory There is no XDISPLAY information for display 0. Check the OWconfig file(s) and try again. Fatal... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: annointed3
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Startup error: The X-server can not be started on display :0...

Earlier today SPARCBOOK 5000 was working, but was asked to upgrade an application on it. 1. uninstalled application 2. loaded latest solaris 8 recommended cluster (downloaded it yesterday). 3. reboot machine after patch update On reboot all looks OK upto the point it attempts to run... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: devonthomas384@
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please get me started on my virtual server

I've been given access to a virtual server. I've worked out how to connect with it using SSH (in my unix terminal window). But I'm clueless about how to continue. The last time I made web services. I had a fancy web-based control panel. Now I just have the command line. There are three... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: knownothing
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

need graphical display of Hp server

Hi all, i need graphical display of my Hp server to install oracle software.i connected it through telnet.can we connect from windows client to Hp server through remote desktop connection.please guide.i try a lot to get it. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: younusdba
1 Replies

6. Solaris

X-Server cannot be started on display 0

Iam using a Dell laptop..... i installed Solaris 10.... 'm getting a X-Server cannot be started on display 0 error. Can anyone help me in fixing ??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathnag25
2 Replies

7. Solaris

X-Server can not be started on display 0

hi , I have install Oracle solaris 10 8/11 on intel core i5 server. But its not opening in graphic mode showing message X-Server can not be started on display ... (EE) Unable to locate/open config file Drivers to try are: "intel" "i810" "fbdev" "vesa" vga" (EE) failed to load module "dri"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeeshan047
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

RHEL 4 Server con't Started....

Hi Friends, My Server is con't stated..it shows the below error.. Red hat exterprise Linux As Release 4(nahat) kernel 2.6.9-5.ELsmp on an i686 INIT : id "x" respawing too fast :disabled for 5 minutes... Please help help Thanks, Srinivas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srinivas814
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

What are Linux configuration changes required after a cloned VM Server is started?

Dear Expert Users, VMware Admin Tool is used to create a "clone" of an existing VM RHEL Server. Now, I have a Project where a cloned VM Server image is started for run . Please share what are all configuration changes required to ensure this runs fine ? I will be grateful for quick and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: schandrakar1
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

X-Server can not be started on display :0

Good Morning, I recently cloned a sunblade 2500 to another sunblade 2500 and had an issue getting the GUI: X-Server can not be started on display :0 The issue was that the first machine had an xvr600 graphics card, and the new machine had an xvr100. Installing a new driver took... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
0 Replies
ISCSI-INITIATOR(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					ISCSI-INITIATOR(8)

NAME
iscsi-initiator -- refuse-based iSCSI initiator SYNOPSIS
iscsi-initiator [-46bcDfVv] [-a authentication-type] [-d digest-type] [-h target-hostname] [-p target-port-number] [-t target-number] [-u username] mount_point DESCRIPTION
The iscsi-initiator utility can be used to access an iSCSI target, such as iscsi-target(8), to access block storage which has been exported. Information pertaining to the target is displayed underneath the mount point, along with the device corresponding to the storage which the target exports. The various arguments are as follows: -4 Use an IPv4 connection to the target. -6 Use an IPv6 connection to the target. -a authentication-type Use the specified authentication type when communicating with the target. The possible values are chap, kerberos, srp or none. The default value is none. -b Show the storage as a block device. -c Show the storage as a character device. -d digest-type Use the specified digest type when communicating with the target. The possible values are header, data, both, all or none. The default value is none. -D List the LUNs on the specified target and exit (i.e. do discovery only) -f Show the storage as a regular file. -h hostname Connect to the iSCSI target running on the host specified as the argument. -p port-number Connect to the iSCSI target running on the port specified as the argument. The default value is 3260. -t target Connect to the number of the iSCSI target running as the argument. -u username Use the specified user's credentials when logging in to the iSCSI target. There is no default. -V Print out the version number and then exit. -v Be verbose in operation. The refuse(3) library is used to provide the file system features. The mandatory parameter is the local mount point. This iSCSI initiator presents a view of the targets underneath the mount point. Firstly, it creates a directory tree with the hostname of the target, and, in that directory, a virtual directory is created for each target name exported by the iSCSI target program. Within that virtual target directory, symbolic links exist for the hostname (for convenience), a textual representation of the IP address, the iSCSI tar- get product name, the iSCSI target IQN, the iSCSI target vendor and version number. One other directory entry is presented in the virtual target directory, relating to the storage presented by the iSCSI target. This can be in the form of a regular file, which is also the default, a block device or a character device. Please note that the iscsi-initiator utility needs the ``puffs'' kernel module loaded via modload(8) to operate. EXAMPLES
# ./iscsi-initiator -u agc -h iscsi-target0.alistaircrooks.co.uk /mnt # ls -al /mnt/target0 total 576 drwxr-xr-x 2 agc agc 512 May 11 22:24 . drwxr-xr-x 2 agc agc 512 May 11 22:24 .. lrw-r--r-- 1 agc agc 39 May 11 22:24 hostname -> iscsi-target0.alistaircrooks.co.uk lrw-r--r-- 1 agc agc 14 May 11 22:24 ip -> 172.16.135.130 lrw-r--r-- 1 agc agc 16 May 11 22:24 product -> NetBSD iSCSI -rw-r--r-- 1 agc agc 104857600 May 11 22:24 storage lrw-r--r-- 1 agc agc 43 May 11 22:24 targetname -> iqn.1994-04.org.netbsd.iscsi-target:target0 lrw-r--r-- 1 agc agc 8 May 11 22:24 vendor -> NetBSD lrw-r--r-- 1 agc agc 4 May 11 22:24 version -> 0 # SEE ALSO
puffs(3), refuse(3), iscsi-target(8) HISTORY
The iscsi-initiator utility first appeared in NetBSD 6.0. An earlier version called iscsifs was available in NetBSD 5.0 in source format only. AUTHORS
The iscsi-initiator utility was written by Alistair Crooks <agc@NetBSD.org>. BUGS
iscsi-initiator currently only supports a CHAP challenge length of 16 octets. Other initiators support up to 1024 and thus it is expected that most targets will also support such lengths. This means that CHAP compatibility with other targets apart from iscsi-target(8) is likely to be poor. To workaround this, please use authentication type none by not specifying a username with the -u option. BSD
February 22, 2011 BSD