Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat sshd started, but ssh/sftp/psftp not working Post 302396548 by aixlover on Thursday 18th of February 2010 06:11:00 PM
Old 02-18-2010
Add gateway by "route". Problem solved.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

It helps in the sshd on sshd.log

Friends, I made the installation of the ssh in the it conspires, I configured in the ssh_config the following parameters.. SyslogFacility AUTH LogLevel INFO that should generate sshd.log in the /var/log.... more no this generating. Somebody could help myself in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandba
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can't get sshd started - using knoppix

i don't have /etc/inet.d/sshd >which sshd /usr/sbin/sshd when I try to run sshd >sshd <ENTER> ...could not load hostkey.... i don't have a copy and paste , but perhaps somebdoy here recognizes the message thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: james hanley
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SFTP not working in the background

I'm modifying some code to SFTP files because the remote servername and user are changing. The keys have been correctly installed and I'm using the -B option to automate the actions following connection e.g. cd, put etc. This is all working nicely. However, when I wrap this up to call it from a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

job is started with sshd daemon; wish to know its implementation details

Hello Gurus, In solaris server, one folder say /appl/prod/usr/sendme get files those need to be processed. The script named checkFile.sh can process the each file. This script checkFile.sh is not scheduled in crontab. But whenever file puts in sendme folder, the checkFile.sh is called and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: get_chandrakant
1 Replies

5. Solaris

SSH: internal working but external not working

Hi, This is a strange issue: We have an sftp server. Users can ssh to it from internal LAN without any issue, but they can not ssh to it externally via firewall. Here is what I got: OS is Solaris 9. No hosts.allow and hosts.deny files. Please help. Thank you in advance! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX pam ssh/sshd configuration not allowing sed or awk

This is a weird problem. Following is my code. /opt/quest/bin/vastool configure pam sshd /opt/quest/bin/vastool configure pam ssh cat /etc/pam.conf | \ awk '$1=="ssh"||$1=="sshd"||$1=="emagent"{sub("prohibit","aix",$NF);}1' OFS='\t' > /etc/pam.conf cat /etc/ssh/sshd_config | \ sed -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjeedu2247
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH tunnel working for ssh but not for sshfs

I'm trying to setup a link between my home pc (work-machine) and a server at work (tar-machine) that is behind a gateway (hop-machine) and not directly accessible. my actions: work-machine$ ssh -L 1234:tar-machine:22 hop-machine work-machine$ ssh -p 1234 user@127.0.0.1 - shh access on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vathau
1 Replies

8. Linux

Put -r is not working in SFTP

Hi Folks, I am trying to copy a directory along with sub-directories to SFTP server. I have connected to SFTP and tried to run the below command: sftp> get -r abc/* It is throwing the error Invalid flag -r Can you please let me know the ways to copy a directory from Local to SFTP ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirans.229
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mget with SFTP is not working

hi Team, I am connecting from one (A) linux server to another(C)/any linux server by sftp on A linux server: sftp userid@C password: mget is Not working fine I am using mget to pull the files. it shows mget as invalid command. But from (B) Linux server to (C) /to Any server Linux... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnsnow
15 Replies
MAKE_SOCKDFR(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   MAKE_SOCKDFR(8)

NAME
make_sockdfr - Generates frozen route file for SOCKS server SYNOPSIS
make_sockdfr [infile [outfile] ] DESCRIPTION
make_sockdfr reads in a plain-text route file for the SOCKS server and produces a frozen route file as the output. Both arguments are optional. The default for infile is /etc/sockd.route; the default for outfile is /etc/sockd.fr. You may specify infile while omitting outfile, but you cannot specify outfile without also speficying infile. The contents of the frozen route file is essentially the memory image of the parsed input file. Using the frozen route file can reduce the start-up delay of the SOCKS server program since it no longer has to parse the file contents. When the SOCKS server starts, it always looks for the frozen route file /etc/sockd.fr first. If that file is not found, it then tries to use the plain-text route file /etc/sockd.route. If you use frozen route file, you must remember to run make_sockdfr every time after you modify the plain-text file or the SOCKS server will continue to use the frozen version of a previous route file. To find out the contents of a frozen route file, use dump_sockdfr. FILES
/etc/sockd.fr, /etc/sockd.route SEE ALSO
dump_sockdfr(8), sockd.fr(5), sockd.route(5) AUTHOR
Ying-Da Lee, yingda@esd.sgi.com or yingda@best.com May 6, 1996 MAKE_SOCKDFR(8)