Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Determining interface to access IP Post 302396378 by Corona688 on Thursday 18th of February 2010 09:18:39 AM
Old 02-18-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by brsett
I don't know why I need the socket, I just need the route.
You failed to mention that you had the remote IP. My thoughts were along the lines of how in the heck do I get that without knowing anything about what program made what connection where?

Another complication is that there may be several valid routes, not just one.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Help determining what's blocking ports

I'm fairly new to networking and am trying to figure our network out, as I was recently assigned to be network administrator where I work. I was trying to get utorrent to work but am not having success in figuring out what's blocking my ports. As of now, I'm getting connected from a mikrotik... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: brandonros
11 Replies

2. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

3. SCO

Change SCO - GUI or Desktop interface to DOS based interface

Hi all I have installed a demo version of SCO OpenServer 5.0.2, I finally found it is Desktop Interface, I would like to know how to change its interface to dos based interface? If you have any ideas, please tell me then. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Need a bridge from an ethernet interface to a serial interface

This is my situation DOS pc serial cable (sl0) Linux Pc eth1 192.168.0.10 <-------------------->192.168.0.2 <------------>192.168.0.1 (router) I connected the linux pc and the dos pc with a SLIP (serial line internet protocol), so they can communicate in the sl0 interface. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
3 Replies

5. Programming

Determining file access perms for current process

Stupid question, but is there an ANSI C stdlib function that will do this for me? I want to pass the function a path and determine if the current process can read/write/execute on the path. I suppose I can whip something up using fstat and then determining the current process's user/group IDs and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
6 Replies

6. Programming

determining the IP of a function

Is there a way to determine the "Instruction Pointer" of a function in c++, and if so can someone tell me? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: neur0n
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determining whether given string is path or not

I have an issue while determing whether given string is unix path or not There is a text file which is normally a report in that at some place we have unix path as shown below /opt/smart/dev/eur/sources/sqr and not unix path as shown below Threshold Year/Month/Ref/ActLine/OUC Is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
3 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Access to network interface (Mac-network)

Hi, I'm a italian student. For my thesis I develop a gateway with protocol 6lowpan. For that I must access to network interface to develope my personal stack based on standard 802.15.4. Can you help me? I need an explanation for that. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: berny88
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies
AGR(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    AGR(4)

NAME
agr -- link aggregation pseudo network interface driver SYNOPSIS
pseudo-device agr DESCRIPTION
The agr driver provides link aggregation functionality (a.k.a. L2 trunking or bonding). It supports the IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) and the Marker Protocol. The agr driver supports the following link specific flags for ifconfig(8): link0 Use the round-robin distribution algorithm. Don't use it unless you're really sure, because it violates the frame ordering rule. -link0 Use the default distribution algorithm, which is based on the hash of DA/SA, TCI, and, if available, some upper layer protocol infor- mation like ip(4) DA/SA. link1 Disable LACP. Prevents any LACP or Marker messaging which leaves the ports in the default static configuration. Set this prior to adding ports. EXAMPLES
Create an agr interface, agr0, and attach re0 and re1 to it. In other words, aggregate re0 and re1 so that they can be used as a single interface, agr0. The physical interfaces which are attached to the agr interface must not have any IP addresses, neither IPv4 nor IPv6. ifconfig re0 inet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx delete ifconfig re0 inet6 fe80::xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx delete ifconfig re1 inet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx delete ifconfig re1 inet6 fe80::xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx delete ifconfig agr0 create ifconfig agr0 agrport re0 ifconfig agr0 agrport re1 Destroy an interface created in the above example. ifconfig agr0 -agrport re0 ifconfig agr0 -agrport re1 ifconfig agr0 destroy SEE ALSO
ifconfig(8) STANDARDS
IEEE 802.3ad Aggregation of Multiple Link Segments HISTORY
The agr driver first appeared in NetBSD 4.0. AUTHORS
The agr driver was written by YAMAMOTO Takashi. BUGS
There is no way to configure LACP administrative variables, including system and port priorities. The current implementation of the agr driver always performs active-mode LACP and uses 0x8000 as system and port priorities. The agr driver uses the MAC address of the first-added physical interface as the MAC address of the agr interface itself. Thus, removing the physical interface and using it for another purpose can result in non-unique MAC addresses. The current implementation of the agr driver doesn't prevent unsafe operations like some ioctls against underlying physical interfaces. Such operations can result in unexpected behaviors, and are strongly discouraged. There is no way to configure agr interfaces without attaching physical interfaces. Physical interfaces being added to the agr interface shouldn't have any addresses except for link level address. Otherwise, the attempt will fail with EBUSY. Note that it includes an automatically assigned IPv6 link-local address. BSD
February 23, 2010 BSD