Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl pattern search
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl pattern search Post 302395974 by SkySmart on Wednesday 17th of February 2010 11:21:23 AM
Old 02-17-2010
perl pattern search

can someone help me out with the bolded?

else if (regmatch($Subject, "^Application") && (regmatch($From, "^etgh") && (regmatch($Body, ".*not authorized to use this server.*"))))

what this section of the code is suppose to do is to scan through the contents of $Body, if do a set of commands if the string "not authorized to use this server" is found. but i'm not sure if i set it up properly with the *

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl onliner to search the last line with an occurence of a pattern

Hi I need a perl onliner which seaches a line starting with a pattern(last occurence) and display it. similar to grep 'pattern' filename | tail -1 in UNIX Ex: I want to display the line starting with "cool" and which is a last occurence adadfadafadf adfadadf cool dfadfadfadfara... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Search pattern error

Hi, I am trying to grep for two patterns from a set of 820 apache webserver logs, When I Try to search the pattern with a date stamp and use a wildcard character * for ex: /28/Aug/2008:21*/ to get all the log entries for that particular hour that is 21 st hour I get errors. Please kindly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: openspark
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a pattern and if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining

I am trying to do some thing like this .. In a file , if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining of the line containing the pattern. example: in a file I have this. gtrow0unit1/gctunit_crrownorth_stage5_outnet_feedthru_pin if i find feedthru_pin want to insert !! at the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitagi
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl:: search for tow pattern and replace the third pattern

Hi i want to search two pattern on same line and replace onther pattern.. INPut file aaaa bbbbb nnnnnn ttttt cccc bbbbb nnnnnn ppppp dddd ccccc nnnnnn ttttt ffff bbbbb oooooo ttttt now i want replace this matrix like.. i want search for "bbbbb","nnnnnn" and search and replace for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitindreamz
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search more than one pattern with perl on same line

Hi friends, I want to search for some hex error codes in some files. After the hex error code is found, the occurences would be counted. Afterwards the found hex errorcode would be cat into a separate file. Here is my code: #!/usr/bin/perl use File::Basename; my $find = $ARGV; my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdohn
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple pattern search in perl

user 10 values content is: musage.py yes value user 11 values content is: gusage.py yes value how to print "user" string line by searching "content is:" string and "usage.py" string in perl (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to search n place a pattern

hi, i have one file as t1.txt as below hi hello welcome i want perl script to search for the pattern "abcd" in the file. if the pattern doesn't exist, i want to insert that pattern at the end of the same file t1.txt my o/p should be hi hllo welcome abcd thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roopa
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need with PERL multiple search pattern matching!

My example file is as given below: conn=1 uid=oracle conn=2 uid=db2 conn=3 uid=oracle conn=4 uid=hash conn=5 uid=skher conn=6 uid=oracle conn=7 uid=mpalkar conn=8 uid=anarke conn=9 uid=oracle conn=1 op=-1 msgId=-1 - fd=104 slot=104 LDAPS connection from 10.10.5.6 to 10.18.6.5 conn=2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using forward slash in search pattern in perl script

I have existing pattern in the perl script as: my $pattern = "^Line.*?:|^Errors*: |^SEVERE:.*?:|^Null pointer exception occurred"; and I wanted to include below keywords in my search pattern "I/O exception" and "FileNotFoundException"the problem is when I include my pattern like my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambarginni
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep/awk using a begin search pattern and end search pattern

I have this fileA TEST FILE ABC this file contains ABC; TEST FILE DGHT this file contains DGHT; TEST FILE 123 this file contains ABC, this file contains DEF, this file contains XYZ, this file contains KLM ; I want to have a fileZ that has only (begin search pattern for will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbabz
2 Replies
Mail::Message::Body::Delayed(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Mail::Message::Body::Delayed(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Message::Body::Delayed - body of a Mail::Message but not read yet. INHERITANCE
Mail::Message::Body::Delayed realizes a Mail::Message::Body Mail::Message::Body::Delayed is a Mail::Reporter SYNOPSIS
See Mail::Message::Body DESCRIPTION
Message bodies of this type will be replaced by another type the moment you access the content. In this documentation you will find the description of how a message body gets delay loaded. OVERLOADED
overload: ""() (stringification) Returns the body as string --which will trigger completion-- unless called to produce a string for "Carp". The latter to avoid deep recursions. example: stringification of delayed body print $msg->body; # implicit by print my $body = $msg->body; my $x = "$body"; # explicit by interpolation overload: @{}() When a body object is used as being an array reference, the lines of the body are returned. This is the same as using the "lines" method. overload: bool() Always returns a true value, which is needed to have overloaded objects to be used as in "if($body)". Otherwise, "if(defined $body)" would be needed to avoid a runtime error. METHODS
Constructors Mail::Message::Body::Delayed->new(OPTIONS) -Option --Defined in --Default log Mail::Reporter 'WARNINGS' message <required> trace Mail::Reporter 'WARNINGS' log => LEVEL message => MESSAGE The MESSAGE object which contains this delayed body. trace => LEVEL The body $obj->message() About to the payload $obj->guessSize() $obj->isDelayed() $obj->isModified() $obj->isMultipart() $obj->modified() $obj->nrLines() Internals $obj->fileLocation([BEGIN, END]) $obj->load() Returns the loaded version of this body. $obj->moveLocation(DISTANCE) $obj->read(PARSER, HEAD, BODYTYPE) Error handling $obj->AUTOLOAD() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->addReport(OBJECT) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->defaultTrace([LEVEL]|[LOGLEVEL, TRACELEVEL]|[LEVEL, CALLBACK]) Mail::Message::Body::Delayed->defaultTrace([LEVEL]|[LOGLEVEL, TRACELEVEL]|[LEVEL, CALLBACK]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->errors() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->log([LEVEL [,STRINGS]]) Mail::Message::Body::Delayed->log([LEVEL [,STRINGS]]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->logPriority(LEVEL) Mail::Message::Body::Delayed->logPriority(LEVEL) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->logSettings() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->notImplemented() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->report([LEVEL]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->reportAll([LEVEL]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->trace([LEVEL]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->warnings() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter Cleanup $obj->DESTROY() See "Cleanup" in Mail::Reporter $obj->inGlobalDestruction() See "Cleanup" in Mail::Reporter DIAGNOSTICS
Error: Package $package does not implement $method. Fatal error: the specific package (or one of its superclasses) does not implement this method where it should. This message means that some other related classes do implement this method however the class at hand does not. Probably you should investigate this and probably inform the author of the package. SEE ALSO
This module is part of Mail-Box distribution version 2.105, built on May 07, 2012. Website: http://perl.overmeer.net/mailbox/ LICENSE
Copyrights 2001-2012 by [Mark Overmeer]. For other contributors see ChangeLog. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.14.2 2012-05-07 Mail::Message::Body::Delayed(3pm)