Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl Getopt::Long question - stopping multiple args Post 302395969 by rethink on Wednesday 17th of February 2010 11:12:10 AM
Old 02-17-2010
Sorry Pludi, i think you may have misunderstood my problem, issuing multiple --surnames is not really the problem, its when they issue multiple arguments to the same --surname option

using the exact script you posted above, i issued

Code:
 # ./name.pl --firstname john --surname smith jones
firstname is set to  - john
surname is set to  - smith

wjen we print the array at the bottom of the script, the second argument is not printed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

question about getopt()

I'm using getopt() to get command line options.One the optons accepts and argument.The argument is and offset.I was wondering how can I scecify that it's argument is of the type off_t.I've something like this "offset=(off_t)optarg" and it don't work. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: angelfly
1 Replies

2. AIX

Stopping multiple process on AIX

I'm trying to update a shared library (*.so) in our AIX machine. However, when I tried to delete the old *.so file, I get this error -> Cannot open or remove a file containing a running program. Based on the information I gather from the net, shared libraries are not unloaded (the file remains... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soulfactory2002
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopt in perl

Hi, I have a perl script with two functions say func a and func b. sub a { ----------- --------- } sub b { --------- --------- } I want to use this function on command line as we can do in shell script using getopt. My motto here is to run the script like this ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using getopt for both short and long options

Hi , I am using getopt for both short and long options as below SHORTOPTS="a:c" LONGOPTS="alpha:,charlie" OPTS=$(getopt -o $SHORTOPTS --longoptions $LONGOPTS -n "$progname" -- "$@") eval set -- "$OPTS" while ; do case $1 in -a|--alpha) echo "-a or --alpha... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: padmisri
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi , I am using getopt for both short and long options as below SHORTOPTS="a:c" LONGOPTS="alpha:,charlie" OPTS=$(getopt -o $SHORTOPTS --longoptions $LONGOPTS -n "$progname" -- "$@") eval set -- "$OPTS" while ; do case $1 in -a|--alpha) echo "-a or --alpha... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi , I am using getopt for both short and long options as below SHORTOPTS="a:c" LONGOPTS="alpha:,charlie" OPTS=$(getopt -o $SHORTOPTS --longoptions $LONGOPTS -n "$progname" -- "$@") eval set -- "$OPTS" while ; do case $1 in -a|--alpha) echo "-a or --alpha... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. Programming

Perl Getopt::Long

Hi All I am using Getopt::Long in perl and i am trying to have it so if i dont supply a switch after the progname is will do a defult option i have the following GetOptions($OPT, 'debug|d', 'mail|m', ) or info(); i want it run the debug if it is not given a switch ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ab52
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :: Getopt::Long in the program

While going through some of the perl script... I had found the below line.. use Getopt::Long; my $GetOptionsReturnCode = GetOptions ( '<>' => sub { push(@unknownArg, @_); }, 'h|help' => sub { &helpMessage(); exit 0; }, ); Could anyone please explain the above one ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store args passed in array but not the first 2 args

Store args passed in array but not the first 2 args. # bash declare -a arr=("$@") s=$(IFS=, eval 'echo "${arr}"') echo "$s" output: sh array.sh 1 2 3 4 5 6 1,2,3,4,5,6 Desired output: sh array.sh 1 2 3 4 5 6 3,4,5,6 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iaav
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Question about getopts optional argument [args...]

There are many places where I can see the syntax description for optargs, which, usually boils down to this: getopts OPTSTRING VARNAME where: OPTSTRING tells getopts which options to expect and where to expect arguments VARNAME tells getopts which shell-variable to use for option reporting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharkura
2 Replies
CUBRID_QUERY(3) 							 1							   CUBRID_QUERY(3)

cubrid_query - Send a CUBRID query

SYNOPSIS
resource cubrid_query (string $query, [resource $conn_identifier]) DESCRIPTION
cubrid_query(3) sends a unique query (multiple queries are not supported) to the currently active database on the server that's associated with the specified $conn_identifier. PARAMETERS
o $query - An SQL query Data inside the query should be properly escaped. o $conn_identifier - The CUBRID connection. If the connection identifier is not specified, the last connection opened by cubrid_connect(3) is assumed. RETURN VALUES
For SELECT, SHOW, DESCRIBE, EXPLAIN and other statements returning resultset, cubrid_query(3) returns a resource on success, or FALSE on error. For other type of SQL statements, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, DROP, etc, cubrid_query(3) returns TRUE on success or FALSE on error. The returned result resource should be passed to cubrid_fetch_array(3), and other functions for dealing with result tables, to access the returned data. Use cubrid_num_rows(3) to find out how many rows were returned for a SELECT statement or cubrid_affected_rows(3) to find out how many rows were affected by a DELETE, INSERT, REPLACE, or UPDATE statement. cubrid_query(3) will also fail and return FALSE if the user does not have permission to access the table(s) referenced by the query. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Invalid Query The following query is syntactically invalid, so cubrid_query(3) fails and returns FALSE. <?php $conn = cubrid_connect('localhost', 33000, 'demodb'); $result = cubrid_query('SELECT * WHERE 1=1'); if (!$result) { die('Invalid query: ' . cubrid_error()); } ?> Example #2 Valid Query The following query is valid, so cubrid_query(3) returns a resource. <?php // This could be supplied by a user, for example $firstname = 'fred'; $lastname = 'fox'; $conn = cubrid_connect('localhost', 33000, 'demodb'); cubrid_execute($conn,"DROP TABLE if exists friends"); cubrid_execute($conn,"create table friends(firstname varchar,lastname varchar,address char(24),age int)"); cubrid_execute($conn,"insert into friends values('fred','fox','home-1','20')"); cubrid_execute($conn,"insert into friends values('blue','cat','home-2','21')"); // Formulate Query // This is the best way to perform an SQL query // For more examples, see cubrid_real_escape_string() $query = sprintf("SELECT firstname, lastname, address, age FROM friends WHERE firstname='%s' AND lastname='%s'", cubrid_real_escape_string($firstname), cubrid_real_escape_string($lastname)); // Perform Query $result = cubrid_query($query); // Check result // This shows the actual query sent to CUBRID, and the error. Useful for debugging. if (!$result) { $message = 'Invalid query: ' . cubrid_error() . " "; $message .= 'Whole query: ' . $query; die($message); } // Use result // Attempting to print $result won't allow access to information in the resource // One of the cubrid result functions must be used // See also cubrid_result(), cubrid_fetch_array(), cubrid_fetch_row(), etc. while ($row = cubrid_fetch_assoc($result)) { echo $row['firstname']; echo $row['lastname']; echo $row['address']; echo $row['age']; } // Free the resources associated with the result set // This is done automatically at the end of the script cubrid_free_result($result); ?> SEE ALSO
cubrid_connect(3), cubrid_error(3), cubrid_real_escape_string(3), cubrid_result(3), cubrid_fetch_assoc(3), cubrid_unbuffered_query(3). PHP Documentation Group CUBRID_QUERY(3)