Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting error when call function in bash script Post 302395867 by ahmed.gad on Wednesday 17th of February 2010 07:03:26 AM
Old 02-17-2010
It is not working also

Dear zaxxon,

I already added the shebang in the script, also I tried to remove the simicolon, but unfortunately It is not working also,

- also i tried to put 2 () after the function

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

i want to call a oracle function in my shell script

i want to call a oracle function in my shell script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshr85
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i call a function in shell script

i have a function written in one shell script and i want to call that function in another shell script and use the value returned by that script. can any one suggest me how can i do that? regards, Rajesh.P (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh.P
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash: how to call function having it's name in variable?

Hello. Looking for a method of modularizing my bash script, I am stuck with such a problem. For example, I have: MODULE_NAME="test" FUNCTION_NAME="run" How do I can a function with name test_run? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FractalizeR
4 Replies

4. Web Development

Fatal Error: Call to undefined function imagefilter()

I am using PHP5 in ubuntu 9.10. First I installed PHP and GD as separate package. I tried doing manipulation with images using php image function. When I try using the function imagefilter(), it was not worked and got the solution that need to compile the PHP with the bundled version of GD. So... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skg
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to call another function

Here is the following code : 1. # gcc -c test firstprog.c the above command will generate a executable file called "test " in which ever directory it is run. Assuming It will also return a value. 2. In the below SCRIPT . test is a file generated by compiling a c program... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vabiosis
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script – Function Call

Hello, I have Individual function in my shell script , Function1 { Master activities } Function2 { Sub activities 1 } Function3 { Sub activities 2 } … (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shanks
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call function from another script

Hey, i got this 2 file. When i try to pick option 1, which is test1, it says ./test: test1: not found. Any idea on how i can fix it? #!/bin/sh QUIT=0 `dirname $0`/testfile while ; do testmenu read option case $option in 1) test1 ;; 2) test2 ;; 3) echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nick1097
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call function as different user within the script

Hello For HP-UX, ksh shell, is it possible to define functions and call them by another user ? For example <function_name> ( ) { command1 command2 } su - <user> -c <function_name> Or the only option is defining the user in the function itself as follows - <function_name> ( )... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk call in bash function called with arugments not working, something lost in translation?

Hello, I have this awk code in a bash script to perform a find and replace task. This finds one unique line in a file and substitutes the found line with a replacement. #! /bin/bash # value determined elsewhere total_outputs_p1=100 # file being modified... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies
Aspect::Advice::Around(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Aspect::Advice::Around(3pm)

NAME
Aspect::Advice::Around - Execute code both before and after a function SYNOPSIS
use Aspect; around { # Trace all calls to your module print STDERR "Called my function " . $_->sub_name . " "; # Lexically alter a global for this function local $MyModule::MAXSIZE = 1000; # Continue and execute the function $_->run_original; # Suppress exceptions for the call $_->return_value(1) if $_->exception; } call qr/^ MyModule::w+ $/; DESCRIPTION
The "around" advice type is used to execute code on either side of a function, allowing deep and precise control of how the function will be called when none of the other advice types are good enough. Using "around" advice is also critical if you want to lexically alter the environment in which the call will be made (as in the example above where a global variable is temporarily changed). This advice type is also the most computationally expensive to run, so if your problem can be solved with the use of a different advice type, particularly "before", you should use that instead. Please note that unlike the other advice types, your code in "around" is required to trigger the execution of the target function yourself with the "proceed" method. If you do not "proceed" and also do not set either a "return_value" or "exception", the function call will return "undef" in scalar context or the null list "()" in list context. AUTHORS
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2010 Adam Kennedy. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-01 Aspect::Advice::Around(3pm)