Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help in creating a makefile
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Help in creating a makefile Post 302395765 by anil_lami on Wednesday 17th of February 2010 01:37:56 AM
Old 02-17-2010
Help in creating a makefile

Hi,
I wanted to know whether there is any way to specify in a makefile how to compile sources from a directory directly by giving the directory path name instead of mentioning each and every source file name.

Regards,
Anil

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Creating new system Makefile template

I am attempting to set-up a Makefile to use for a new system on a Sun Unix machine. I am new to creating Makefiles. I am trying to start simply by compiling a program. I am getting the following error message but an uncertain what 'Error Code 1' is. Is there a web site with Error Codes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CaptainRo
1 Replies

2. Programming

Makefile

I m using SUN Studiuo11 compiler.There is problem while building Makefile. I got error as dmake:fetal error command failed for target plz help me. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: NamrataGurav
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Makefile problem - How to run module load in a Makefile

Hi, I'm trying to run the module load command in a Makefile and i'm getting the following error: make: module: command not found Why is this? Is there any way to run this command in a Makefile? NOTE: command - module load msjava/sunjdk/1.5.0 works fine outside of the Makefile (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernandinho
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with creating challenging bash script with creating directories

Hi, Can someone help me with creating a bash shell script. I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must create n directories in the current directory with names like map_1, map_2 etcetera. Each directory must be contained within its predecessor. So... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding Makefile

Hi friends, I have a problem with compiling makefile.While i am compiling makefile it always compiles 1 or 2 files inside that makefile even if nothing is changed in those files.If none of the changes are made in those file while compiling the makefile it should output like "file is upto date",... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: s.sen1213
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Makefile executing another Makefile first?

I have 2 libraries in 2 different directories that I build with Makefiles. library B depends on library A. If I modify a .cpp file in library A and run lib B's Makefile can I have B's makefile to automatically rebuild library A? I am now rebuilding A, followed by B... but I'd like B to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwuster
0 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Simple Multi-Level Makefile (Extremely New at Makefile)

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Basically, the prompt is make a makefile with various sub makefiles in their respective subdirectories. All code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tatl
1 Replies

8. Programming

Problem creating a makefile

hello, I'm trying to create a makefile to run multiple c files. I am able to run one c file only with the code I have when I tried to run 2 or more c files I'm not able. here is my code # $Source: /home/hectormasencio/make/Makefile,v $ # $Date: 2012/11/27 11:35:30 $ CC= gcc OBJS= temp.o... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hector M.
3 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Creating a .profile, displaying system variables, and creating an alias

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Here is what I am supposed to do, word for word from my assignment page: 1. Create/modify and print a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagst3r21
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question in creating targets in makefile

Hi, I have a question related to makefile. I'm new to makefile and I'm in the process of writing a makefile for my RBT build. I have multiple source files and when I compile them I will get multiple object files (one object file for each source file). I'm having problem in creating a target for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anand Venkatesa
1 Replies
config(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 config(8)

Name
       config - build system configuration files

Syntax
       /etc/config [-p] [-s] config_file

Description
       The  command  builds a set of system configuration files from a short file which describes the sort of system that is being configured.	It
       also takes as input a file which tells what files are needed to generate a system.  This can be augmented by a configuration  specific  set
       of files that give alternate files for a specific machine.  (See the Files section.)  If the -p option is supplied, will configure a system
       for profiling.  You must have sources to use the -p option.  Use the -s option when building a kernel from sources.

The command should be run from the subdirectory of the system source (usually ).  The command assumes that there  is  already  a  directory
       created	and it places all its output files in there.  The output of consists of a number files: contains a description of what I/O devices
       are attached to the system, and is a file used by in building the system; a set of header files which contain the number of various devices
       that  will  be  compiled into the system; and a set of swap configuration files which contain definitions for the disk areas to be used for
       swapping, the root file system, argument processing, and system dumps.

After running it is necessary to run in the directory where the new makefile was created.  The command reminds you of  this  when  it  com-
       pletes.

If  you receive other error messages from fix the errors in your configuration file and try again.  If compile a system that has configura-
       tion errors, the system will fail.

Restrictions
       The line numbers reported in error messages are usually off by one.

Files
       Generic makefile

List of common files that the system is built from

List of machine specific files

Name to major device mapping file

List of known file systems

See Also
       The Syntax portion of each device in Section 4 of the ULTRIX Reference Pages
       ``Building 4.2BSD UNIX System with Config,'' ULTRIX Supplementary Documents, Volume 3: System Manager

RISC								 config(8)