Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with CASE statement
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with CASE statement Post 302395412 by raghunsi on Tuesday 16th of February 2010 02:41:08 AM
Old 02-16-2010
Johnson,

Again the same issue, the script is not considering the {str or stp} & {disable or enable} variable command simultaneously. It consider any one command at a time .. for Example just given:

Code:
This syntax is using only one Variable command {str or stp} 

$ ./routing.sh xyz123-ra  str
 Setting right http Proxy configuration
 Report Logging . .

Tue Feb 16 01:20:20 CST 2010

FILE CREATED:  /home/myHome/out/outFile100216-012020.xyz123-ra.

Global configuration mode
 Modify Firewall Service configuration
  admin-state enabled
 Configuration saved successfully.
 Goodbye

Code:
This syntax is using both the variable Command {str & enable}. 

$ ./routing.sh tdad6324-ra  str enable

USAGE
  routing.sh <device> <stp|str|disable|enable>

Code:
This Syntax is using only one Variable command {enable or disable}

$ ./routing.sh xyz123-ra  enable
 Enabling the Device in few seconds
 Report Logging . .

Tue Feb 16 01:13:30 CST 2010

FILE CREATED:  /home/myHome/out/outFile100216-011330.xyz123-ra.

Global configuration mode
 Modify Traffic_Router configuration
  admin-state enabled
 Configuration saved successfully.
 Goodbye

Where the script is erroring out ?? Why its not accepting two varaible commands simultaenously ??

I want script should accept str & enable or stp & disable or criss cross.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

case statement

Hi all, is it possible to create a 'dynamic' case statement. ie select option in `ls` do case satement depending on results of the above `ls` done I hope I have explained this ok! Thanks Helen (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Case statement problem

I need to display this menu and accept variables. Can someone tell me why i am having a problem with this case statement, please # TAPE MANAGER MAIN MENU tapemgr_Main_Menu() { echo "Legato Tape Management System Menu" echo " This system is used to report Legato ERV Offsite and Tapes... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gzs553
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is problem with this small shell script.. case statement related

Hi All, this small script is written to recognize user input character.. it is in small case .. upeer case or is a number... but when i input first capital letter say A.. it always gives small character.... what is the problem. #!/bin/bash echo "Enter the character" read a case $a in )... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnray31
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

case statement

Hi all, I think i'm asking a sqtupid question here.. i'm using case sttament, what is the syntax or symbol for "or"? I thought was || here a quick sample of my case statment echo "Would you like to update your detail ?" read response case $response in ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c00kie88
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with case statement

Hi, I need modify the all lines in a file into one format. cat file htec.twe34c.ATI .hesh.twdghu..ATI ..hesh.twdghu..ATI htec.twe3 hjsct14567ati Output should have 16 characters htectwe34c ATI heshtwdghu ATI heshtwdghu ATI htectwe3 ATI hjsct14567 ATI (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartheek
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem using 'Case' statement

Hi, When I execute the below script, I am getting the error as ' is not expected.ror at line 3 : `in #!/bin/sh case $1 in -r) echo Force deletion without confirmation ;; -i) echo Confirm before deleting ;; *) echo Unknown argument ;; esac I could not see any problem with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sathish_Obla
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Problem with executing a possible if or case statement script

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Create a phonebook program. It should use functions to perform the required tasks. It should be menu-based,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rgasin02
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem using bash case statement

I have the following bash script and it is not accepting the lines "--"|"--""-") "--""-"") while do echo "Current Argument is ${1}" case "$1" in "--"|"--""-") echo "Argument is ${1}" shift # Skip ahead one to the next argument. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Case Statement

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Hey, guys I really need some help with a project. "Write a shell program that examines the command line... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk192010`
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Strange Problem in case statement while shift

Hi, Here is my code as below: test.ksh: ======= #!/bin/ksh option="${1}" while do case $1 in -f) FILE="${2}" echo "File name is $FILE" ;; -d) DIR="${2}" echo "Dir name is $DIR" ;; -*) echo "`basename ${0}`:usage: | " (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaq1xsw2
5 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)