Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP file from MF to AIX, fully encrypted Post 302395116 by Arunprasad on Monday 15th of February 2010 04:25:08 AM
Old 02-15-2010
here is the output of file command:

>file NJUSP_XYXYXY_NONONO
NJUSP_XYXYXY_NONONO: data or International Language text
>

i am not sure, this means a binary file. please let me know how i can open this file?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to decrypt a file which is encrypted in UNIX, In Windows NT

Hi, I want to encrypt a file in UNIX(HP-UX) and Transfer to a FTP server. Our FTP server is Windows NT. SO, how can i decrypt the file which is encrypted in UNIX, in Windows NT. Please, help me this is urgent. Siva Gorantla:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gorantla
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

netrc file encrypted password

Hi, I do not want the plaintext password to appear in the netrc file. So I want to encrypt the password. Is there a way to encrypt the password and still make ftp to use the netrc ? Thanks in advance. -Gow:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggowrish
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

send file of size 0 with FTP on AIX

I'm using IBM AIX 5.2 to send file with ftp to other unix machine. The command is into a shell: ... ftp -n > outFtp 2> errFtp <<PARAM open $2 user $3 $4 put $1 $remote bye PARAM ... then i look at the size of errFtp and outFtp to see if there are some error message.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gggarb
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to run an ENCRYPTED file?

Hello sir, we are able to do : But when I goto /bin or /usr/bin to see the code of "ls". I found it to be encrypted. So can u please tell me how to encrypt a code in such a way that the user can run it but cannot see the source code. example: if I have a shell script named "sample.sh" as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
5 Replies

5. AIX

When did AIX start using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords?

Does anyone know when AIX started using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anne Neville
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How edit a file encrypted with openssl ?

i have file encrypted with openssl and i can decrypt and view its content by below code openssl enc -d -blowfish -pass file:secret_key -in input_file now i need to edit the input_file . i have to remove three lines from this file . how can this be done ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using the encrypted password of the shadow file

i have an application that uses the encrypted password that's in the /etc/shadow file. i copied the line for the particular username i was interested it in from shadow file and i pasted it into the password file of the application. the application is nagios. this application allowed that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Saving an unencrypted copy of a file encrypted with vi

Well I did something stupid. I opened a file using vi, and accidentally saved it using <esc>:Xx. So I know the key is x, but what I can't figure out is how to save the file without encryption. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the original file size of encrypted file

Hi, I am trying to find out the original file size of an encrypted file in SunOS. The file was decrypted with gpg command. I want to know the size of the orginal file without decrypting it. I am using the below command, but it is not working for big files(more than 1 GB). gpg --passphrase... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
4 Replies

10. AIX

AIX Forum: FTP from AIX to Mainframe

This discussion thread is an extension to what was discussed in Shell scripting section. Please refer the post for the requirement: Requirement Post - Click Here The whole thread - Click Here I would like to know how I can use NDM to transfer file from AIX to Mainframe and to verify the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TechGyaann
3 Replies
OSGMLNORM(1)							     Reference							      OSGMLNORM(1)

NAME
osgmlnorm - An SGML/XML document normalizer SYNOPSIS
osgmlnorm [-CdeghmnrRvx] [-alinktype] [-Aarchitecture] [-bbctf] [-ccatalog] [-Ddirectory...] [-Emax_errors...] [-iname...] [-fname...] [-wwarning...] [sysid...] DESCRIPTION
osgmlnorm prints on the standard output a normalized document instance for the SGML document contained in the concatenation of the entities with system identifiers When the normalized instance is prefixed with the original SGML declaration and prolog, it will have the same ESIS as the original SGML document, with the following exceptions: * The output of osgmlnorm does not protect against the recognition of short reference delimiters, so any USEMAP declarations must be removed from the DTD. * The normalized instance will use the reference delimiters, even if the original instance did not. * If marked sections are included in the output using the -m option, the reference reserved names will be used for the status keywords even if the original instance did not. * Any ESIS information relating to the SGML LINK feature will be lost. The normalized instance will not use any markup minimization features except that: * Any attributes that were not specified in the original instance will not be included in the normalized instance. (Current attributes will be included.) * If the declared value of an attribute was a name token group, and a value was specified that was the same as the name of the attribute, then the attribute name and value indicator will be omitted. For example, with HTML osgmlnorm would output <DL COMPACT> rather than <DL COMPACT="COMPACT"> Part of an SGML System Conforming to International Standard ISO 8879 -- Standard Generalized Markup Language. An SGML Extended Facilities system conforming to Annex A of International Standard ISO/IEC 10744 -- Hypermedia/Time-based Structuring Language. The following options are available: -aname, --activate=name Make doctype or linktype name active. -Aarchitecture, --architecture=architecture Parse with respect to architecture architecture. -bbctf, --bctf=bctf Use the BCTF with name bctf for output. -csysid, --catalog=sysid Map public identifiers and entity names to system identifiers using the catalog entry file whose system identifier is sysid. -C, --catalogs This has the same effect as in onsgmls(1). -d, --dtd Output a document type declaration with the same external identifier as the input document, and with no internal declaration subset. No check is performed that the document instance is valid with respect to this DTD. -Ddirectory, --directory=directory Search directory for files specified in system identifiers. This has the same effect as in onsgmls(1). -e, --open-entities Describe open entities in error messages. --error-numbers Show error numbers in error messages. -h, --help Display a help text and exit. -iname, --include=name This has the same effect as in onsgmls(1). -m, --marked-sections Output any marked sections that were in the input document instance. -n, --comments Output any comments that were in the input document instance. -r, --raw Raw output. Don't perform any conversion on RSs and REs when printing the entity. The entity would typically have the storage manager attribute records=asis. -R, --restricted This has the same effect as in onsgmls(1). -v, --version Print the version number. -wtype Control warnings and errors according to type. This has the same effect as in onsgmls(1). SEE ALSO
onsgmls(1), ospam(1), ospent(1), osx(1) AUTHORS
James Clark Author. Ian Castle <ian.castle@openjade.org> Author. COPYRIGHT
OpenJade January 2002 OSGMLNORM(1)