Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP file from MF to AIX, fully encrypted Post 302395116 by Arunprasad on Monday 15th of February 2010 04:25:08 AM
Old 02-15-2010
here is the output of file command:

>file NJUSP_XYXYXY_NONONO
NJUSP_XYXYXY_NONONO: data or International Language text
>

i am not sure, this means a binary file. please let me know how i can open this file?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to decrypt a file which is encrypted in UNIX, In Windows NT

Hi, I want to encrypt a file in UNIX(HP-UX) and Transfer to a FTP server. Our FTP server is Windows NT. SO, how can i decrypt the file which is encrypted in UNIX, in Windows NT. Please, help me this is urgent. Siva Gorantla:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gorantla
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

netrc file encrypted password

Hi, I do not want the plaintext password to appear in the netrc file. So I want to encrypt the password. Is there a way to encrypt the password and still make ftp to use the netrc ? Thanks in advance. -Gow:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggowrish
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

send file of size 0 with FTP on AIX

I'm using IBM AIX 5.2 to send file with ftp to other unix machine. The command is into a shell: ... ftp -n > outFtp 2> errFtp <<PARAM open $2 user $3 $4 put $1 $remote bye PARAM ... then i look at the size of errFtp and outFtp to see if there are some error message.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gggarb
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to run an ENCRYPTED file?

Hello sir, we are able to do : But when I goto /bin or /usr/bin to see the code of "ls". I found it to be encrypted. So can u please tell me how to encrypt a code in such a way that the user can run it but cannot see the source code. example: if I have a shell script named "sample.sh" as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
5 Replies

5. AIX

When did AIX start using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords?

Does anyone know when AIX started using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anne Neville
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How edit a file encrypted with openssl ?

i have file encrypted with openssl and i can decrypt and view its content by below code openssl enc -d -blowfish -pass file:secret_key -in input_file now i need to edit the input_file . i have to remove three lines from this file . how can this be done ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using the encrypted password of the shadow file

i have an application that uses the encrypted password that's in the /etc/shadow file. i copied the line for the particular username i was interested it in from shadow file and i pasted it into the password file of the application. the application is nagios. this application allowed that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Saving an unencrypted copy of a file encrypted with vi

Well I did something stupid. I opened a file using vi, and accidentally saved it using <esc>:Xx. So I know the key is x, but what I can't figure out is how to save the file without encryption. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the original file size of encrypted file

Hi, I am trying to find out the original file size of an encrypted file in SunOS. The file was decrypted with gpg command. I want to know the size of the orginal file without decrypting it. I am using the below command, but it is not working for big files(more than 1 GB). gpg --passphrase... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
4 Replies

10. AIX

AIX Forum: FTP from AIX to Mainframe

This discussion thread is an extension to what was discussed in Shell scripting section. Please refer the post for the requirement: Requirement Post - Click Here The whole thread - Click Here I would like to know how I can use NDM to transfer file from AIX to Mainframe and to verify the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TechGyaann
3 Replies
MMSEG(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  MMSEG(1)

NAME
mmseg - maximum matching segment Chinese text. SYNOPSIS
mmseg -d dict_file [option]... [corpus_file]... DESCRIPTION
mmseg is a tool for segmenting Chinese text into words using maximum matching algorithm. mmseg segments corpus_file, or standard input if no filename is specified, and write the segmented result to standard output. OPTIONS
-d dict_file Use dict_file as lexicon. A default lexicon can be found at /usr/share/sunpinyin-slm/dict.utf8. -f,--format (text|bin) Output Format, can be 'text' or 'bin'. default 'bin'. Normally, in text mode, word text are output, while in binary mode, binary short integer of the word-ids are written to stdout. -s, --stok STOK_ID Sentence token id. Default 10. It will be written to output in binary mode after every sentence. -i, --show-id Show Id info. Under text output format mode, attach id after known words. If under binary mode, print id(s) in text. -a, --ambiguious-id AMBI-ID Ambiguious means ABC => A BC or AB C. If specified (AMBI-ID != 0), The sequence ABC will not be segmented, in binary mode, the AMBI-ID is written out; in text mode, "<ambi>ABC</ambi>" will be output. Default is 0. NOTES
Under binary mode, consecutive id of 0 are merged into one 0. Under text mode, no space are inserted between unknown-words. AUTHOR
Originally written by Phill.Zhang <phill.zhang@sun.com>. Currently maintained by Kov.Chai <tchaikov@gmail.com>. SEE ALSO
slmseg(1), ids2ngram (1). perl v5.14.2 2012-06-09 MMSEG(1)