Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to modify csv-file with bash script Post 302394527 by linuxpenguin on Thursday 11th of February 2010 05:58:12 PM
Old 02-11-2010
Code:
echo "1265911223 www.google.com"|awk '{str="date -d @"$1; print system(str)}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script: modify bash

Hey guys, i'm having trouble complete one of my bash scripts I'm hoping to --- 1. Modify bash so that then the user types "ls" the command that is executed is "ls -al" 2. Modify the point of entry in bash when the user accesses it, moving the initial location to /var I've somewhat done #2,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LibRid
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to reorder csv

hi guys, im fairly new to unix and bash scripts and therefore your help would really be appreciated. i need to write a bash script that will take a csv file, and reorder the data and output to another csv file. The source csv file will look something like this: HEAD,671061,Add,SS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daz_20
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read data from .csv file through shell script & modify

I need to read data from a file called "test.csv" through shell script where the file contains values like name,price,descriptor etc. There are rows where descriptor (& in some rows name) are written as string & other characters like "car_+" OR "bike*" etc where it should contains strings like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj100
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Pl/sql function in shell script to modify csv

I need to 1.Open a csv 2.Process the csv i.e. Modify 2 column in the csv. To modify the column the value needs to be passed to a pl/sql function and the return value should be updated For eg: If column 2 E,then E will be passed in database function which will return Employee. 3. Write a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chinky23
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script help - removing certain rows from .csv file

Hello Everyone, I am trying to find a way to take a .csv file with 7 columns and a ton of rows (over 600,000) and remove the entire row if the cell in forth column is blank. Just to give you a little background on why I am doing this (just in case there is an easier way), I am pulling... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrTuxor
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to modify csv file

Hi Friends, I want to convert a csv file into a ordinary .txt file. I am able to convert but I want the output to look as shown below in the .txt file table findhost= { {"xyz","abc"}, {"rxz","mmz"}, {"vrr","nnz"}, } default={"NONE"} My current perl script #!/usr/bin/env perl... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Csv download in a bash script

I am attempting to download a url in csv format. When I download this url in a browser excel opens up and automatically populates with comma separated values. When I try to use curl or wget I get nothing or garbage. This on the command line just hangs wget -b... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify CSV file

Hi, I would like to change my CSV file by adding " and : and moving some of the information around. the CSV file looks as follows: 501254424;500440257;PE PACKS;300467279;PREP;;276476070;655031001867176;Two Block;Olga;25/12/2015 00:00:00;Olga I would like to move the field 7 to the front "... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: omuhans123
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify csv-files with awk

Hello everyone! I have thousands of csv files I have to import into a Database table. As usually the files aren't perfect. For example they have a different number of columns and some weird columns. The second problem is, that I have to add 3 parts of the filename into 3 rows in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: elRonaldo
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sed, awk or another bash command to modify string with the content of another file

Hello everybody, I would like modify some strings using sed or another command line with the content file. For example: - {fqdn: "server-01" , ip: "server-01"} - {fqdn: "server-02" , ip: "server-02"} - {fqdn: "server-03" , ip: "server-03"} - {fqdn: "server-04" , ip: "server-04"} My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dco
4 Replies
MB_DETECT_ENCODING(3)							 1						     MB_DETECT_ENCODING(3)

mb_detect_encoding - Detect character encoding

SYNOPSIS
string mb_detect_encoding (string $str, [mixed $encoding_list = mb_detect_order()], [bool $strict = false]) DESCRIPTION
Detects character encoding in string$str. PARAMETERS
o $str - The string being detected. o $encoding_list -$encoding_list is list of character encoding. Encoding order may be specified by array or comma separated list string. If $encoding_list is omitted, detect_order is used. o $strict -$strict specifies whether to use the strict encoding detection or not. Default is FALSE. RETURN VALUES
The detected character encoding or FALSE if the encoding cannot be detected from the given string. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mb_detect_encoding(3) example <?php /* Detect character encoding with current detect_order */ echo mb_detect_encoding($str); /* "auto" is expanded according to mbstring.language */ echo mb_detect_encoding($str, "auto"); /* Specify encoding_list character encoding by comma separated list */ echo mb_detect_encoding($str, "JIS, eucjp-win, sjis-win"); /* Use array to specify encoding_list */ $ary[] = "ASCII"; $ary[] = "JIS"; $ary[] = "EUC-JP"; echo mb_detect_encoding($str, $ary); ?> SEE ALSO
mb_detect_order(3). PHP Documentation Group MB_DETECT_ENCODING(3)