Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSH time out
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SSH time out Post 302394016 by senthil.ak on Wednesday 10th of February 2010 08:35:15 AM
Old 02-10-2010
SSH time out

My script will ssh to some main Server and just trigger a script on that server periodically. But the problem here is SSH.

Ther server where I'm logging is having a automount facility which automatically mount my home directory to the servers. Some time the SSH take more time to automount and hangs.

So, Is there any timeout option can inculde in the script for SSH, if so then how. please help me this regards.

Thanks
Senthil.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Setting up SSH - first time

Good day to you all. I have a server (running on SunOS 5.8) that i always got into via telnet. I have eventually decided to block telnet access to it and instead look toward using SSH. The problem is, whne i establish the SSH connection via PuTTy, i get the "Log in as" prompt, but upon... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: de049
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Telnet/ssh connection takes a lot of time.

We have three Oracle instances running on our Sun-Blade-T6300. Telnet or SSH connection to one of the instance (or to user oramach) takes a lot of time whether using putty or SecureCRT but connection to any other user is very fast. Any idea what may be causing this slow connection to this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: esmgr
5 Replies

3. Solaris

ssh Long time to return prompt.

Hi All, I was installed new server M5000 on solaris10. I'am try to connect to server by ssh client (putty) after type user name and password the server take long time to return prompt to me about 30-60 second. any body can suggess me how to do it. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesmk
8 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Multiple hosts SSH NO PASSWORD - each time it overrides the last key gen

Hello, here is my problem: I have 20 machines that need to SSH into 1 machine throughout the day. The issue is every time I go through the process of putting my keys from one of the computers that needs to SSH to the server that needs to accept all the incoming SSH's it overrides the last one. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoyoyo777
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to cat via ssh and sed at the same time.?

I am trying to write a script to automatically create conf files and remote servers. I would like to do all this without creating files locally and copying them . Here is what I have tried. sitename=$1 prodserver=$2 ssh $prodserver "cat > /data/$sitename.conf" << cat |sed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: macrossm
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems in analysing SSH LOG users & time

Attached is the log file that I have generated through the following script: last | head -2 |sed '2q;d' |awk '{ print $1"\t"$2"\t"$3"\t\t"$4"\t"$5"\t"$6"\t"$7"\t"$8"\t" $9"\t"$10"\t"$11}'>>/var/log/logadmin/logtest.txt But now I'm unable to run the following operations on it: 1. Count... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lionking93
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why does SSH store the fingerprints of remote host when connecting for the first time?

I was wondering why does ssh store the fingerprints of remote host when connecting for the first time? I will appreciate a detailed response, can't figure it out. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChiefGandalf
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync from remote machine via ssh and sync by uisng find by modified time

Hi I have a requirement to rsync from remote to local machine via ssh and sync files that are changed in last n hours. pgrep to check if no other sync is running pgrep -f rsync.*/opt > /dev/null || rsync --bwlimit=10000 -avz --delete root@X.X.X.X:/var/source/ /opt/dest/ >> /home/log 2>&1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh script to validate ssh connection to multiple serves with status

Hi, I want to validate ssh connection one after one for multiple servers..... password less keys already setup but now i want to validate if ssh is working fine or not... I have .sh script like below and i have servers.txt contains all the list of servers #/bin/bash for host in $(cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeram4
3 Replies
bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)					      General Commands Manual					       bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)

NAME
bssh/bvnc/bshell - Browse for SSH/VNC servers on the local network SYNOPSIS
bssh bvnc bshell DESCRIPTION
bssh/bvnc/bshell browses for SSH/VNC servers on the local network, shows them in a GUI for the user to select one and finally calls ssh/vncviewer after a selection was made. If the binary is called as bssh only ssh servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bvnc only VNC servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bshell both VNC and SSH servers are shown. OPTIONS
-s | --ssh Browse for SSH servers (and only SSH servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -v | --vnc Browse for VNC servers (and only VNC servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -S | --shell Browse for both VNC and SSH servers regardless under which name the binary is called. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Browse in the specified domain. If omitted bssh/bvnc/bshell will browse in the default browsing domain (usually .local) -h | --help Show help. SEE ALSO
avahi-browse(1), ssh(1), vncviewer(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)