Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Syntax Problem in Query
Top Forums Programming Syntax Problem in Query Post 302393784 by Andre_Merzky on Tuesday 9th of February 2010 02:48:43 PM
Old 02-09-2010
CPU & Memory

I am not sure, but I think that is C++? Despite the 'Cout' ;-)

The you can try the C++ way:

Code:
#include <sstream>

std::stringstream ss;
ss << "INSERT INTO movie_info (movie_title , values ( '";
ss << NewMovie;
ss << "' ) )"; 

std::string query = ss.str ();

Or you do it the C way, using sprintf:

Code:
#include <stdio.h>

char query[1024]; // make sure thats large enough

snprintf (query, 1023, "INSERT INTO movie_info (movie_title ,  values ( '%s' ) )"
             NewMovie);

I am not very familiar with SQL, so probably made some typos above ;-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax problem

dear friends, I have a large size file containg two fields data like this *** **** 122 222 ***** ***** ***** ***** 232 233 i have file like this. i want to remove blank lines from file . i think awk is servive this problem i wrote a awk command but the error is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax problem

Dear friends, I am writing shell script in csh . i want to make arthimatic operation in csh. i wrote sysntax like this. set val = 230 set tmp = `0.1 * $val + 300` echo $tmp but it is not working . anyone please give me syntax. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax query

cat > $file <<OP1 #line 1 #some commands OP1#last lineHi, i came across the above shell code, but i don't understand the purpose of the first line and and last line,especially the effect of putting a tag( OP1) , can anyone advise me their purpose? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax problem grepping?

I am calculating a time and appending a space in front of it to get only certain records in a file because the times are represented in HH:II:SS format and I don't want to see anything other than the actual hour and minute combination (hence appending the space to the front of the time). My... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsimpg1
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for Sed Syntax problem

I have one File named "txt_file" # cat txt_file <DBType>RT</DBType> <AppType>RT</AppType> -------------------------------------------------- I want replace "<AppType>RT</AppType>" to <AppType>XY</AppType> in txt_file and output redirect to Newfile ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayLinux
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with if-else syntax

I'm calling the following if-else from nawk. But I keep getting an error at the "else". I've tried putting more brackets and ; but still I get complaints about the "else". Any ideas ? Thanks, wbrunc BEGIN { FS = "," ; OFS = "," } { if ( $8 ~ /A/ && $9 == B ) $1="4/29/2013" ; $2="J.Doe"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbrunc
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk syntax problem

Hi, I am using this awk command in my shell script : find . -name "*" -ctime -6 | xargs cat | grep -E -v ^fileName\|^\(\) | awk -v DATE="${CURR_DATE}" -v DATE_LOG=$DATE_SYS 'BEGIN {FS=";";OFS=";";CONVFMT="%.9g";OFMT="%.9g"}... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi1988sri
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk problem with syntax

awk -v sw="lemons|dogs" 'NR>100 && NR<200 BEGIN { c=split(sw,a,""); } { for (w in a) { if ($0 ~ a) d]++; } } END { for (i in a) { o=o (a"="(d]?d]:0)","); } sub(",*$","",o); print o; }' /home/jahitt/data.txt what am i doing wrong with the above code? im pretty sure the issue is in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Syntax problem Oracle

Hi All, I have a syntax problem with a procedure in oracle. I am looking to just produce the number of rows from each table located in the HR schema nothing complex. This procedure works great up to dbms_output.put_line(tab_var); where it lists the names of each table in the user schema. My... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdby
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash syntax problem

Hello! i try to understand the art of bash scripting but unfortunately, more i try and less i understand it. Can someone tell me how i can learn its logic? i will give you an example why its making me crazy. Look at this basic script: my for loops are working like this, but it took me more than... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sablista
10 Replies
std::exception(3)					     Library Functions Manual						 std::exception(3)

NAME
std::exception - SYNOPSIS
Inherited by __gnu_cxx::__concurrence_broadcast_error, __gnu_cxx::__concurrence_lock_error, __gnu_cxx::__concurrence_unlock_error, __gnu_cxx::__concurrence_wait_error, __gnu_cxx::forced_error, __gnu_cxx::recursive_init_error, std::bad_alloc, std::bad_cast, std::bad_exception, std::bad_function_call, std::bad_typeid, std::bad_weak_ptr, std::ios_base::failure, std::logic_error, and std::runtime_error. Public Member Functions virtual const char * what () const noexcept Detailed Description Base class for all library exceptions. This is the base class for all exceptions thrown by the standard library, and by certain language expressions. You are free to derive your own exception classes, or use a different hierarchy, or to throw non-class data (e.g., fundamental types). Definition at line 60 of file exception. Member Function Documentation virtual const char* std::exception::what () const [virtual], [noexcept] Returns a C-style character string describing the general cause of the current error. Reimplemented in std::bad_function_call, std::ios_base::failure, std::bad_typeid, std::bad_cast, std::runtime_error, std::future_error, std::bad_exception, std::logic_error, std::bad_weak_ptr, and std::bad_alloc. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libstdc++ from the source code. libstdc++ Tue Jun 10 2014 std::exception(3)