Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris gunzip problem! unexpected end of file Post 302393588 by jlliagre on Tuesday 9th of February 2010 07:09:40 AM
Old 02-09-2010
The tar file was created with a (partially broken) Gnu tar. Use gtar to extract it.
Code:
$ wget http://archive.apache.org/dist/jakarta/tomcat-5/v5.0.30/bin/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.30.tar.gz
--13:00:09--  http://archive.apache.org/dist/jakarta/tomcat-5/v5.0.30/bin/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.30.tar.gz
           => `jakarta-tomcat-5.0.30.tar.gz'
Resolving archive.apache.org... 192.87.106.226
Connecting to archive.apache.org|192.87.106.226|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 10,842,790 (10M) [application/x-tar]

99% [===================================> ] 10,736,400   227.34K/s    ETA 00:00
100%[====================================>] 10,842,790   246.22K/s    ETA 00:00
13:00:45 (292.92 KB/s) - `jakarta-tomcat-5.0.30.tar.gz.1' saved [10842790/10842790]
$ ls -l jak*
-rw-r--r--   1 jlliagre 10842790 Nov 24  2004 jakarta-tomcat-5.0.30.tar.gz
$ gunzip jak*
$ ls -l jak*
-rw-r--r--   1 jlliagre 42362880 Nov 24  2004 jakarta-tomcat-5.0.30.tar
$ gtar tf jak*tar
jakarta-tomcat-5.0.30/bin/catalina.sh
jakarta-tomcat-5.0.30/bin/digest.sh
jakarta-tomcat-5.0.30/bin/setclasspath.sh
jakarta-tomcat-5.0.30/bin/shutdown-using-launcher.sh
jakarta-tomcat-5.0.30/webapps/webdav/index.html
jakarta-tomcat-5.0.30/webapps/webdav/tomcat-power.gif
jakarta-tomcat-5.0.30/webapps/webdav/tomcat.gif
gtar: A lone zero block at 82727
$ gtar xf jak*
gtar: A lone zero block at 82727

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Gunzip : unexpected end of file

Hi, While uncompress , gunzip filename.cpio.gz getting the fg. error gunzip: filename.cpio.gz: unexpected end of file. Whats the problem? Size of this .gz file is 660mb . Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dolly
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

'end of file' unexpected

what do u mean by " 'end of file' unexpected "? i am running a script called "s1" which internally calls "s2" now s1 starts running & at a point (where it is suppose to call "s2") i get a message 'end of file' unexpected.... & my script(s) are not working.. any ideas on this? regards... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhijeetkul
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

gunzip: unexpected end of file

Ok, I sent several gzipped files using the UNIX "mail" utility without any special settings (bad idea). When I saved these files from my mail and tried to gunzip them, I would get something like the following error: gunzip: wmGrep.mel.gz: unexpected end of file Ok, I messed up. But is it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sicjedi
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

unexpected end of file

This is the script path=/oracle/ora10gdb/sample archive=/oracle/ora10gdb/archive cd $path for i in `ls`;do mv $i $archive Done Please tell me why it is givind this error (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshr85
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

end of file unexpected

hi i have error like this' syntax error end of file unexecpeted.and give me the example of cut command as soon as possible: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveeng.81
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

'end of file' unexpected

HI, I was converting a .bat file to .sh file for unix Code snippet #!/usr/bin/sh set -x if then goto RegularBuild; CURDIR="$1"; cd "$CURDIR"; :RegularBuild echo "Checking for existing fip_help.properties in def/properties directory..." if then rm -f fip_help.properties; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srisreeku
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

'end of file' unexpected

HELP PLEASE!! I am running this script, and i keep getting the error 'end of file' unexpected. I know that usually means parenthesis or whatever is out of place but i cant find anything!! I am new to scripting and i put some "print" staements in and it is not getting past the first IF statment... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: weatherman0516
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected end of file, why?

I am getting a "line 47: syntax error: unexpected end of file", why? According to my estimate, line 47 is 2 lines after the last line of code here. Also, the $1 variable represents the current user logging in, and the script runs with root privileges (This is a Mac OS login hook script using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected end of file

Hi, On adding below code to my script shows the error on executing else script works fine. sqlplus $user_name/$password <<EOL truncate table order; commit; truncate table order_hist; commit; insert into order(ID,TRAN,CUST_NAME,OPT_VAL) select * from order_bkp; insert into... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF section problem. syntax error: unexpected end of file error

Hello, I have another problem with my script. Please accept my apologies, but I am really nooby in sh scripts. I am writing it for first time. My script: returned=`tail -50 SapLogs.log | grep -i "Error"` echo $returned if ; then echo "There is no errors in the logs" fi And after... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jedzio
10 Replies
SYSINST(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						SYSINST(8)

NAME
sysinst -- install or upgrade a NetBSD system SYNOPSIS
sysinst [-D] [-f deffile] [-r releasename] DESCRIPTION
sysinst is a menu-based program that may be used to install or upgrade a NetBSD system. It is usually invoked automatically when the system is booted from appropriate installation media. sysinst is usually not present on a NetBSD system that has been fully installed. OPTIONS
-D Switch on debugging. -r releasename Set the releasename if it is different to the one compiled. Currently unused. -f deffile Set a file for definitions other than the defaults. See DEFINITION FILE for its format. DEFINITION FILE
The definition file is used to set several other names and directories to search for. You can specify any of the options in the file. They are stored as: option = value pairs. In this description, REL and MACH are the release and architecture respectively, determined by the image sysinst is used on. option name default value description release REL Release name (also set by -r releasename). machine MACH Machine architecture xfer dir /usr/INSTALL Transfer dir ext dir Extract dir (will usually be set later on) ftp host ftp.NetBSD.org ftp host for fetching files ftp dir pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-REL ftp directory for fetching files ftp prefix /MACH/binary/sets directory to look for sets. Note that this is used for all kinds of fetching (CDs, local FS, ...), not only ftp. ftp user ftp ftp user for connecting ftp pass - ftp password ftp proxy - ftp proxy nfs host - nfs host for fetching via nfs nfs dir /bsd/release nfs directory for fetching files cd dev cd0a name of the CD device for fetching files fd dev /dev/fd0a name of floppy for fetching files local dev - Other device to be mounted for fetching files local fs ffs FS-type for local dev local dir release Directory to look for in the mounted local fs targetroot mount /targetroot Directory to mount target root dir to dist postfix .tgz Suffix of set files to be extracted diskname mydisk disktab(5) diskname to use for target disk SEE ALSO
release(7), afterboot(8), boot(8), diskless(8) <machine>/INSTALL.* files on CD-ROM installation media .../NetBSD-<rel>/<machine>/INSTALL.* files in NetBSD releases or snapshots. HISTORY
A sysinst command appeared in NetBSD 1.3. BSD
September 17, 2011 BSD