Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Running Differences Column
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Running Differences Column Post 302393299 by cmf1985 on Monday 8th of February 2010 11:19:01 AM
Old 02-08-2010
Try this:

Code:
awk -va=0 -vb=0 '{if (NR!=1) {b=b+$NF-a}; if (NR==1) {print $0,b} else {print $0,b}; a=$NF;}' file.txt

---------- Post updated at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:17 PM ----------

I just saw that the if statement is actually redundant, so this makes more sense:

Code:
awk -va=0 -vb=0 '{if (NR!=1) {b=b+$NF-a};  {print $0,b}; a=$NF}' file.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report running processes in a specific format (tricky column filtering)

First off I have HP Unix, so as far as I can tell the PS command does not let me list specifically which columns I would like or what order I would like to see them. I want to make a custom PS script for checking what SAS process are running. I want it to take 1 argument of user name and only... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: goldfish
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare 2 files for a single column and output differences

Hi, I have a column in 2 different files which i want to compare, and output the results to a different file. The columns are in different positions in those 2 files. File 1 the column is in position 10-15 File 2 the column is in position 15-20 Please advise Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samit_9999
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing one column of delimited file column to fixed width column

Hi, Iam new to unix. I have one input file . Input file : ID1~Name1~Place1 ID2~Name2~Place2 ID3~Name3~Place3 I need output such that only first column should change to fixed width column of 15 characters of length. Output File: ID1<<12 spaces>>Name1~Place1 ID2<<12... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manneni prakash
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Differences between 2 Flat Files and process the differences

Hi Hope you are having a great weeknd !! I had a question and need your expertise for this : I have 2 files File1 & File2(of same structure) which I need to compare on some columns. I need to find the values which are there in File2 but not in File 1 and put the Differences in another file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_8398
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match column 3 in file1 to column 1 in file 2 and replace with column 2 from file2

Match column 3 in file1 to column 1 in file 2 and replace with column 2 from file2 file 1 sample SNDK 80004C101 AT XLNX 983919101 BB NETL 64118B100 BS AMD 007903107 CC KLAC 482480100 DC TER 880770102 KATS ATHR 04743P108 KATS... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rydz00
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

{} and ( ) differences

Can u tell the diff between the 1) $a and ${a} 2)] and ( ) 3)" " and ' ' , ` ` 4) 'a' , "a", please explain with simple example (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrbinoy
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read column and find differences...

I have this file 427 A C A/C 12 436 G C G/C 12 445 C T C/T 12 447 A G A/G 9 451 T C T/C 5 456 A G A/G 12 493 G A G/A 12 I wanted to read the first column and find all other ids which are differences less than 10. 427 A C A/C 12 436 436 G C G/C 12 427,445... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference of the same column when two other column matches and one column differs less than 1 hour

This is my input file : # cat list 20130430121600, cucm, location,76,2 20130430121600,cucm1,location1,76,4 20130430122000,cucm,location,80,8 20130430122000,cucm1,location1,90,8 20130430140000,cucm1,location1,87,11 20130430140000, cucm,location,67,9 This is the required output ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lakshmikumari
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting combined differences based on a single column

Dear All, I have two sets of files. File 1 can be any number between 1 and 20 followed by a frequency of that number in a give documents... the lines in the file will be dependent to the analysed document. e.g. file1 1,5 4,1 then I have file two which is basicall same numbers but with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in awk: running a loop with one column and segregate data 4 each uniq value in that field

Hi All, I have a file like this(having 2 column). Column 1: like a,b,c.... Column 2: having numbers. I want to segregate those numbers based on column 1. Example: file. a 5 b 9 b 620 a 710 b 230 a 330 b 1910 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)