Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to replace numbers by string Post 302393192 by Michi21609 on Monday 8th of February 2010 06:03:46 AM
Old 02-08-2010
Script to replace numbers by string

Hi!

I need the following script:

- All numbers in a filename (0-9) have to be replace by a String ("Zero"-"Nine")
- The script has to go through all the files in the current directory and has to replace the numbers as described above...

I have no idea how to do this...

Thanks!
Michael

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

String replace perl script error

I have written down a simple perl program to replace a string from a word file. My script does'nt seem to work. Any pointers to make it work will be appreciated. The code is given below. #!/usr/bin/perl while (<>) { open(FILE,$_); while (<FILE>) { s/This/I did it/g; }... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MobileUser
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a random string of numbers

Hi Can someone help me with this one? I have string.. (PROC_PROC_ID == 12183) <--PID is dynamic and i want to replace the PID number with whatever PID from /opt/hpws/apache32_2/logs/httpd.pid file. i'm having problem since the PID on the string is dynamic. It may be 2-5 digits or more. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryandegreat25
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace US numbers with European numbers

hey, I have a file with numbers in US notation (1,000,000.00) as well as european notation (1.000.000,00) i want all the numbers to be in european notation. the numbers are in a text file, so to prevent that the regex also changes the commas in a sentence/text i thought of: sed 's/,/\./'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FOBoy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Requesting help to replace a string by my bash script

Hello every1, I need help to replace a string in a file by my bash script. Find: log4j.appender.toLogFile.layout.ConversionPattern= %d %5p (%F:%L) - %m%n= %d %5p (%F:%L) - %m%n Replace: log4j.appender.toLogFile.layout.ConversionPattern= %d %5p (%F:%L) - %m%n I tried by sed, but kept... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: titanic4u
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to replace numbers on lines according to condition on the same line

hello everyone my file contains many records, the following is a sample: BEGIN ASX1500000050002010120000000308450201012000177 ASX1100002000000201012000000038450201012000220 ASX1600100005000201012000000038450020101200177 ASX1900100006000201067000000058450020101200177... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neemoze
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to perform string replace in shell script?

I have value like ABCDEF,BBCCDD in a shell variable, now i would like to have ABQWEF,BBQWDD in the same shell variable. How can i replace the char at position 3&4 with QW in shell script? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string ids with unique numbers

Hello, I have a file with a 1000 ids in the form of strings. I want to replace each id with a unique numbers in the whole file. each id is repeating in all the columns. I know I can use sed command but there are many ids in file which are need to be converted example of input file B752... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryan9011
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

cant figure out the error in this script (adding numbers in a string) using ubantu shell

hii please help me this is the script num=$1 sum=0 while do x=`expr $num % 10` sum=`expr $sum + $x` num=`expr $num / 10` done echo "Summation is $sum" it is giving error pratyush@ubuntu:~$ sh shell.sh 123 shell.sh: 11: 123: not found Summation is 0 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratyush Sakhle
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to replace a string with pattern read from a file

I have two files blocks.txt and rules.txt. In blocks.txt i have the following entries Linux1 Linux2 Linux3 ..... Linux10 In rules.txt i have the lines where a filename pattern starts like 'blk-name.*' I want to replace 'blk-name' with the names read from blocks.txt file I tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jag02
2 Replies
SEGEDIT(1)						      General Commands Manual							SEGEDIT(1)

NAME
segedit - extract and replace sections from object files SYNOPSIS
segedit [ option ] name ... input_file [-extract segname sectname filename] ... [[-replace segname sectname filename] ... -output out- put_file] DESCRIPTION
Segedit extracts and or replaces the named sections from the input_file and creates an output_file (if replacing a section). The segment and section names are the same as specified to ld(1) with the -segcreate option. The segment and section names of an object file can be examined with the -l option to otool(1). Only sections in segments that have no relocation to or for them can be replaced (marked with the SG_NORELOC segment flag) but all sections can be extracted. The options to segedit(1): -extract segname sectname filename Extracts the section specified by the segment name section name pair and places the contents in the specified filename. -replace segname sectname filename Will replace the section specified by the segment name section name pair and places and take the new contents for the section from the specified filename. The -output filename option must also be specified. The resulting size of the section will be rounded to a multiple of 4 bytes and padded with zero bytes if necessary. -output output_file Specifies the output file to create when replacing sections. SEE ALSO
ld(1), otool(1) LIMITATIONS
Only mach-O format files that are laid out in a contiguous address space and with their contents ordered in the order of increasing address can have their segments replaced by this program. This layout is what the link editor produces by default. Apple Computer, Inc. October 23, 1997 SEGEDIT(1)