Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Mp3 backup using find, mkisofs Post 302393000 by lancest on Sunday 7th of February 2010 01:19:00 AM
Old 02-07-2010
Hammer & Screwdriver Mp3 backup using find, mkisofs

Hi. I want to create a Linux script to find all local mp3 files, create an ISO image. Later I will attempt to use growisofs
Something like this:
find ~ -name "*.mp3" | xargs mkisofs -o musicbackup
tried variations on this but no luck.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ISO creation problem :-: mkisofs

Hi, I am trying to burn a directory containing some install scripts/executables etc onto a cd. I am using redhat v7.0. I have tried using mkisofs, but so far have not been able to get the case of the filenames to be correct. one file is called: startInstaller but it always comes out as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghoti
1 Replies

2. Solaris

mkisofs and long file names

Well im using mkisofs to create iso images in Solaris 10 and then i use cdrw -i to burn the images to the cd the problem which i noticed recent ( im new to mkisofs) i noticed its break the long file names making them shorter i searched in its help and i find two parameters one -l and one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What happened to mkisofs ?

I've been using a mkisofs line like this for years without problem # mkisofs -J -R -V 'Vol Label' -o /output/path/FILE.ISO /input/path/ Now, however, it gives a UTR-8 character message at the start INFO: UTF-8 character encoding detected by locale settings. Assuming UTF-8... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bobby
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with mkisofs

Hello, I am attempting to recreate an iso from a set of files. At this point I seem to be stuck on the creation process. I have reviewed man mkisofs, which returns genisofs. Below is the actual command, and what each piece of information seems to provide mike@presario:~$ sudo mkisofs -V... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mg92865
2 Replies

5. Programming

to find header in Mp3 file and retrieve data

hi all, In an mp3 file , data is arranged in sequence of header and data ,how to retrieve data between two headers. Is the data between two headers fixed? because as per theory it says 1152 samples will be there , but dont knw how many bits one sample correspond to? it would help if any c... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi
2 Replies

6. Solaris

How use the cdrw and mkisofs command...

Hi Guys. I am trying to tranfer the explorer output to a CD .... But I have serious doubt about use the cdrw and mkisofs command.. with the proupose of to make and tranfer the contents. Thank in Advance. AGADEA (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

mkisofs to create iso

Hi all, I got the following problem. I run this command. mkisofs -o mynew.iso -l -b isolinux.bin -c boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table base images isolinux pc_doc and I get all files from base, images, isolinux and pc_doc in the root dir of the iso. I want a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

find mp3- and m4a-files

Hi, I will find all mp3 and m4a files on a certain volume with regular expressions. The following command will not work (I am new to this) find /Volumes/music/ -iname '*.m' Does anyone can help me with the right syntax? muetze PS Mac OS X (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muetze
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commando to find and move mp3 file and directory

Hello, I have a lot of mp3 in a various directory. My goal is a command that find all mp3 file and move the files and directory where is the mp3 file to a destination folder. Is it possible? Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giangi007
7 Replies
MP3CUT(1)							   User Command 							 MP3CUT(1)

NAME
mp3cut - cut and assemble MP3 files SYNOPSIS
mp3cut [ -o outputfile ] [ -T title ] [ -A artist ] [ -N album-name ] [ -t [hh:]mm:ss[+ms]-[hh:]mm:ss[+ms] ] mp3file [[ -t ... ] mp3file1 ...] DESCRIPTION
The mp3cut utility cuts and assembles MP3 files according to the time specifications given on the command line. The mp3 output is written to the outputfile. If no outputfile is given on the command-line, the name for the outputfile is created from the name of the first mp3 file by adding output.mp3 at the end. The -t flag specifies which part of the mp3 file following it will be extracted. OPTIONS
-o outputfile Specify where the output is to be written. -T title Specify the title ID3 tag for the output file. -A artist Specify the artist ID3 tag for the output file. -N album-name Specify the album name ID3 tag for the output file. -t [hh:]mm:ss[+ms]-[hh:]mm:ss[+ms] Specify which part of the following mp3file will be included in the output file. hh = hours mm = minutes ss = seconds ms = milliseconds If the starting time is omitted, 00:00:00+00 is used as starting time. If the ending time is omitted, the end of the MP3 file is used as ending time. EXAMPLES
mp3cut -o output.mp3 -t 23:42+500-01:23:42+750 input.mp3 Cut the segment from 23 minutes, 42 seconds and 500 milliseconds to 1 hour, 23 minutes, 42 seconds and 750 milliseconds from input.mp3 and write the output to output.mp3. mp3cut -t 00:01-00:02 input1.mp3 -t -15:23 input2.mp3 -t 9:87+500- input3.mp3 Append the segments from input1.mp3, input2.mp3 and input3.mp3 and write the output to input1.output.mp3. AUTHORS
Manuel Odendahl <manuel@bl0rg.net>, Florian Wesch <dividuum@bl0rg.net> February 2005 MP3CUT(1)