Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Monitor goes into standby
Operating Systems AIX Monitor goes into standby Post 302392911 by A_L_E_X on Saturday 6th of February 2010 09:18:46 AM
Old 02-06-2010
I can't find Style Manager. Can i start it from the console ? If i type in the console xset s off , the screensaver is disabled, but until i log off. How can i make it permanently ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

hdparm standby

Hi! I have a harddrive that I use in school. I allso wanna use it at home... It's built into a 5.25" rack, and is non-hotswap. My rack has a power key wich I can use to unpower the device. My question is, does the drive take damage if I just umount and run hdparm -y <dev> on it? 1.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
2 Replies

2. AIX

hacmp 5.3 primary and standby?

Hi All, How do I determine if a hacmp 5.3 server is a primary or a standby? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script not connecting to primary from standby site

Hi All, I am using below shell script using SQL*Plus to query the MAX(SEQUENCE#) from both databases V$LOG_HISTORY view.If the STANDBY appears to be falling behind by - 2, then alert mail should be sent... How could I achieve it with improving the below script. #!/usr/bin/ksh ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for primary and standby DB archive log check

Hi All, OS:AIX 5.3 64 bits I would like the below script to send alert mail with the message - "Standby logs falling behind Primary" to xyz@yahoo.com Script ===== #!/usr/bin/ksh #----------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Use SQL*Plus to query... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: a1_win
1 Replies

5. Solaris

ifconfig primary & standby purpose

I have two ethernet interfaces nge0 and nge1. An IP assigned on nge0 is 10.10.10.1/24 and on nge1 is 20.20.20.1/24. I want to make nge0 as primary interface. My question here is, 1. Being nge0 as primary interface, if I ping to an IP 20.20.20.5, what will happen? 2. If the answer for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nthiruvenkatam
4 Replies

6. Solaris

IPMP active-standby configuration

Hi All, Need your help to explaining why when i configure 2 interface IPMP active-standby appear, INACTIVE and DEPRECATED parameter, detail screen shoot as below : root@machine01 # ifconfig -a e1000g0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 7 inet... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wong_Cilacap
6 Replies

7. AIX

Servers state STANDBY in HMC v7

We have 2 p520 aix6.0 installed server. Both the server in cluster. and managed by HMC v7 both servers have rebooted due to power outage. Now both server state is STANDBY in HMC. I am unable to login or ping to that servers. Please help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reyazan
5 Replies

8. AIX

SEA to standby

hello, what will happen if i try to move sea of my 1 vio server to standby( using chdev command), when sea of other vio server is already in standby mode? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amvineeth
1 Replies
console.handlers(5)					   System Administrator's Manual				       console.handlers(5)

NAME
console.handlers - file specifying handlers of console lock and unlock events DESCRIPTION
/etc/security/console.handlers determines which programs will be run when an user obtains the console lock at login time, and when the user loses it on log out. It is read by the pam_console module. The format is: handler-filename lock|unlock [flag ...] Where handler-filename is a name of the executable to be run, lock or unlock specifies on which event it should be run, and flags specify how should pam_console call it. Additionally there should be a line which specifies glob patterns of console devices. The format of this line is: console-name consoledevs regex [regex ...] Where console-name is a name of the console class - currently ignored - and regexes are regular expression patterns which specify the name of the tty device. Only the first such line is consulted. FLAGS
logfail The pam_console module should log error to the system log if the return value of the handler is not zero or if the handler can not be executed. wait The pam_console should wait for the handler to exit before continuing. setuid The handler should be executed with uid/gid of the user which obtained the console lock. tty The handler will get a tty name as obtained from PAM as a parameter. user The handler will get an user name as obtained from PAM as a parameter. Anything else will be added directly as a parameter to the handler executable. SEE ALSO
pam_console(8) AUTHOR
Tomas Mraz <tmraz@redhat.com> Red Hat 2005/3/18 console.handlers(5)