Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AutoFs Config in Solaris 10
Operating Systems Solaris AutoFs Config in Solaris 10 Post 302392773 by malickhat on Friday 5th of February 2010 11:42:55 AM
Old 02-05-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by incredible
If you want to share a mount point from A to B, you will need to do this.
edit the /etc/dfs/dfstab file
start the nfs server daemon.
on B, start the nfs client daemon.
use the mount command as such, mount serverA:<dir> /serverB_mountpoint
The code i gave above is enought for the Nfs server ?
and i need to make it as automount .not in command line

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Losing IP config on reboot of Solaris 8

After a reboot my ifconfig -a has nothing but 0.0.0.0 have to reinput my IP and default route, what makes the info save? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jo calamine
1 Replies

2. Solaris

disabling nfs and autofs in solaris 9

Hi, I want to permanently disable nfs and autofs in solaris 9, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

solaris 10 autofs - how to mount /net (hosts)

Hello Everyone, I am working with Solaris 10 autofs feature. On the server (and client) in /etc/auto_master I have this entry: /net -hosts -nosuid,nobrowse On the server, I have shared out /var/tmp, started the nfs server and issued the shareall command. When I issue share I can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anies rahman
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Printer Config for Solaris 5.9

Hi All, Am Trying to configure a Network Printer (HP Laser Jet 4250n) Printer Name hari for a Solaris 5.9 server. Output of lpstat: root: lpstat -t scheduler is running no system default destination device for hari: /dev/null hari accepting requests since Mon Jul 28 10:38:51 2008... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: efunds
0 Replies

5. Solaris

how to config x11 and connect to solaris using vncviewer under Windows XP

dear bro. I using /usr/X11/bin/xorgconfig command configed xorg, and sync && init 6 but after restarted, used svcs -a to checked services status: maintenance 23:41:50 svc:/application/x11/xvnc-inetd:default How to solve this problem and connect to solaris using vncviewer under... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: P2Baby
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Raid config on Jumpstart (Solaris 10

Hi there, I was wondering if it is possible to include a RAID configuration in my Solaris 10 Jumpstart files, so that I don't have to manually set up RAID on all my machines. Thanks P.S. I started messing around with Solaris only a week back, so if I sound like a complete idiot, you know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iman453
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris config files syntax

I have recently been told that on a Solaris 10 system # means default settings, and that ## indicates a comment. Therefore, the following setting in the etc/default/login file #RETRIES=5 indicates that the number of failed login attempts allowed is 5. Is this true or false? Should... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclarkaz
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list of important config files in solaris 10

Hi all, I am going to reitre one solaris 10 server soon. What are the important config files to backup in case if i want to check how this system was setup (need list in general) ? Thanks! in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Network / global zones (Solaris 10 / 8) config recommendations

I have a few non-globa zones running in a 10.10.xx.xx network on a machine that is on a 192.168.xx.xx network. My goal is to allow each of the non-global zones to communicate to each other while not communicating on the 192.168.xx.xx network. I am using the current version of Solaris 10 in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BradJM
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update config file using shell script in Solaris 5.10

hi I need to update the value in config.txt value using shell script example: lets say a value in config.txt file is as SEQUENCE=1 after some iteration as the loop ends , the SEQUENCE should get update in the config.txt file with a new value of SEQUENCE=2. also , can anyone please help me... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravidwivedi2288
7 Replies
Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)

NAME
Net::Server::Proto::UNIX - Net::Server UNIX protocol. SYNOPSIS
See Net::Server::Proto. DESCRIPTION
Protocol module for Net::Server. This module implements the UNIX SOCK_STREAM socket type. See Net::Server::Proto. Any sockets created during startup will be chown'ed to the user and group specified in the starup arguments. PARAMETERS
The following paramaters may be specified in addition to normal command line parameters for a Net::Server. See Net::Server for more information on reading arguments. unix_type Can be either SOCK_STREAM or SOCK_DGRAM (default is SOCK_STREAM). This can also be passed on the port line (see Net::Server::Proto). However, this method is deprecated. If you want SOCK_STREAM - just use proto UNIX without any other arguments. If you'd like SOCK_DGRAM, use the new proto UNIXDGRAM. METHODS
NS_unix_path/NS_unix_type In addition to the standard NS_ methods of Net::Server::Proto classes, the UNIX types also have legacy calls to NS_unix_path and NS_unix_type. Since version 2.000, NS_unix_path is simply an alias to NS_port. NS_unix_type is now redundant with NS_proto. These methods were missing between version 2.000 and 2.003 but have been returned as legacy bridges. QUICK PARAMETER LIST
Key Value Default # deprecated UNIX socket parameters unix_type (SOCK_STREAM|SOCK_DGRAM) SOCK_STREAM port "filename" undef # more recent usage port "filename / UNIX" port "filename / UNIXDGRAM" LICENCE
Distributed under the same terms as Net::Server perl v5.18.2 2012-06-06 Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)