Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to grep/awk/egrep two values for given output? Post 302392712 by baluchen on Friday 5th of February 2010 07:47:06 AM
Old 02-05-2010
How to grep/awk/egrep two values for given output?

Dear Friends,

I have a command which can result following output.

Packet is: /var/adm/yyyy/pkt6043
Intended for network [replica]: /vob/repo

I would like to retrive
pkt6043 and /vob/repo using single command.

Blue color test will be always contstant and red color text will be dynamic

Thanks
Bala

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

typeset and values returned from awk output

Somebody can please give a highlight on this. The problem shows only on Linux(Redhat) not any other unix flavors :confused: Linux : $unset m $m=`find . -newer rman_padev_20051206195000.out -name "*L0.rman" -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '{ s+=$5 } END{printf("%.0f", s)}'` $echo $m 7425089536... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathom
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep/awk/egrep?

Hi, The input file "notifications" contains the following string. FRTP has 149 missing batches I want to search for : FRTP has missing batches As the number 149 is not important and will change. The commands I have tried. grep "FRTP has.*missing batches" notifications.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whugo
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign values from awk output - help

Dear All, I have a command which gives the number of fields of each line of a comma-separated file. sthng like this : cat QDB_20071126_002.bad | awk -F"," '{ print NF }' I need to assign the first output and the last output of the above command to variables in a script. Need help to do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrishnaSaran
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

pipe'ing grep output to awk

This script is supposed to find out if tomcat is running or not. #!/bin/sh if netstat -a | grep `grep ${1}: /tomcat/bases | awk -F: '{print $3}'` > /dev/null then echo Tomcat for $1 running else echo Tomcat for $1 NOT running fi the /tomcat/bases is a file that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziggy25
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between grep, egrep & grep -i

Hi All, Please i need to know the difference between grep, egrep & grep -i when used to serach through a file. My platform is SunOS 5.9 & i'm using the korn shell. Regards, - divroro12 - (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: divroro12
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting grep and awk output

Hi there. I have a very large file and I am trying to format it so that I can pull out certain pieces of data/info and report it in spreadsheet format/style. The file has ###### which will separate each line that will be listed in the spreadsheet. Whenever I find "No" at the end of a line I want... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or grep to search one column and output the other

Hello, it would be great if someone can help me with the following: I want to search for the rows from fileA in column 1 of fileB and output column 2 of fileB if found in fileC. In the moment I search within the complete file. How can I change the code so only column 1 is searched? cat fileA... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manyaka
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - grep particular word from output

Hi Experts, - Getting error while using it through a variable to get the PID, PID=42 # UNIX95=1 ps -e -o pcpu,pid,ppid,stime,etime,args | awk '{if ($2~"^42$") print $0}' 0.00 42 0 Feb 10 600-17:21:29 nfs_async_io - But when using with a variable it is not working . #... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep output to awk command

Hi Team(Solaris 5.8/Ksh), How can we save grep output to awk variable when grep returns more than one line or word. abc.log # more abc.log Hi Makarand How r u bye Makarand Hello when grep returns only 1 word below command works nawk -v var=`cat abc.log |grep "Hello"` 'BEGIN { if... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Makarand Dodmis
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Egrep or awk for removing values within CSV file?

Hello, I have a large CSV file that contains values all on the same column, and in one very long row (e.g. no line breaks till end, with all data values separated by a comma). The file has two types of data for the values. One begins with the letters rs and some numbers. The other begins... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: macurdy
4 Replies
REPO(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   REPO(1)

NAME
Repo - Example of using QuantLib SYNOPSIS
Repo DESCRIPTION
Repo is an example of using the QuantLib interest-rate model framework. Repo values a fixed-coupon bond repurchase (repo). The repurchase agreement example is set up to use the repo rate to do all discounting (including the underlying bond income). Forward delivery price is also obtained using this repo rate. All this is done by supplying the FixedCouponBondForward constructor with a flat repo YieldTermStructure. SEE ALSO
The source code Repo.cpp, BermudanSwaption(1), Bonds(1), CallableBonds(1), CDS(1), ConvertibleBonds(1), DiscreteHedging(1), EquityOp- tion(1), FittedBondCurve(1), FRA(1), MarketModels(1), Replication(1), SwapValuation(1), the QuantLib documentation and website at http://quantlib.org. AUTHORS
The QuantLib Group (see Authors.txt). This manual page was added by Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org>, the Debian GNU/Linux maintainer for QuantLib. QuantLib 07 Jul 2006 REPO(1)