Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Can not access Linux server over the Internet Post 302392703 by Neo on Friday 5th of February 2010 07:07:18 AM
Old 02-05-2010
Only the last octet of the IP address is dynamic. Work with the first three octets first. Get a minimal baseline going and keep it simple.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux for an internet server to an ISP

I just moved away from a T3 line back to a dial up I just wanted to know would a P200 with 64meg and a 4 gig hard drive be ok for a linux server for an additional 3 pcs all running win98. I will be dialing into an isp using a 56k v90 modem. Any support or help will be great. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: izrailov
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TomCat access in an Remote Linux Server

Hi all, I Installed Tomcat in an remote linux server (/usr/tomcat)and start service, using ./startup.sh (and tried with ./catalina.sh too). //----------------------------------------------------------------// # ./startup.sh Using CATALINA_BASE: /usr/tomcat/apache-tomcat-6.0.16/ Using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gothama
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Access to particular IP's from the solaris/LINUX server

Hi All, I have a scenario here where in I need to allow a user from the server(Solaris or LINUX) to be able to ssh to a particular set of IP's. Eg:user1 should be able to access IP's 10.26.32.2,10.26.32.7,10.26.32.9 user2 should be able to access IP's 10.1.1.2,10.1.1.4(just an example) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pk123
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Access Unix server over the Internet

:(:confused: i am going to ask a silly question. is it possible to setup a unix server at home. once i have setup successfully, can i provide access to that server via internet. i do not have any commercial intent, behind this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhiroracle
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

Does my provider limit my internet access or somesites access?

Hi Good Day, i would like to ask for further info about my problems experiencing this evening. Im a PPP0 connection in the internet using 3G located in asia pacific region.i had this problem this evening in my INTERNET connections that there are some sites i can't open example ( Gizmodo.com,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Can't access NFS Share on Solaris Server from a Linux Client

Hi, I am trying to access a NFS shared directory on Solaris 10 Server from a client which is RHEL 4 Server. On the NFS Server, in /etc/dfs/, I added following line to dfstab file. & then ran the following On the client machine, while running the mount command, I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Unable to access NFS share on Solaris Server from Linux client

Hi, I am trying to access a NFS shared directory on Solaris 10 Server from a client which is RHEL 4 Server. On the NFS Server, in /etc/dfs/, I added following line to dfstab file. share -F nfs -o rw /var/share & then ran the following svcadm -v enable -r... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Access Linux server from windows

I can access the linux server in my company from my desktop windows explorer. I guess samba is working. Please see the images. http://imageshack.us/a/img854/7106/9yvl.png I have a few questions. I don't have the linux account and I have never accessed it from shell. Is my windows login... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux/UNIX Server won't connect to Internet

I know nothing about Linux/Unix. The fact that it is Linux/Unix is what someone told me the server is. It has been set up with the work stations in my home and would connect to the internet (DSL) and work with the other stations. We now have an actual office that does not have DSL, but rather has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BgDunbar
2 Replies

10. Proxy Server

How to use Squid on Linux to control certain IP to access Web Server and certain IP cannot access?

Dear all experts here, :) I would like to install a proxy server on Linux server to perform solely to control the access of Web server. In this case, some of my vendor asked me to try Squid and I have installed it onto my Linux server. I would like know how can I set the configuration to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
1 Replies
ZMQ_TCP(7)							    0MQ Manual								ZMQ_TCP(7)

NAME
zmq_tcp - 0MQ unicast transport using TCP SYNOPSIS
TCP is an ubiquitous, reliable, unicast transport. When connecting distributed applications over a network with 0MQ, using the TCP transport will likely be your first choice. ADDRESSING
A 0MQ address string consists of two parts as follows: transport://endpoint. The transport part specifies the underlying transport protocol to use, and for the TCP transport shall be set to tcp. The meaning of the endpoint part for the TCP transport is defined below. Assigning a local address to a socket When assigning a local address to a socket using zmq_bind() with the tcp transport, the endpoint shall be interpreted as an interface followed by a colon and the TCP port number to use. An interface may be specified by either of the following: o The wild-card *, meaning all available interfaces. o The primary IPv4 address assigned to the interface, in its numeric representation. o The interface name as defined by the operating system. Note Interface names are not standardised in any way and should be assumed to be arbitrary and platform dependent. On Win32 platforms no short interface names exist, thus only the primary IPv4 address may be used to specify an interface. Connecting a socket When connecting a socket to a peer address using zmq_connect() with the tcp transport, the endpoint shall be interpreted as a peer address followed by a colon and the TCP port number to use. A peer address may be specified by either of the following: o The DNS name of the peer. o The IPv4 address of the peer, in its numeric representation. WIRE FORMAT
0MQ messages are transmitted over TCP in frames consisting of an encoded payload length, followed by a flags field and the message body. The payload length is defined as the combined length in octets of the message body and the flags field. For frames with a payload length not exceeding 254 octets, the payload length shall be encoded as a single octet. The minimum valid payload length of a frame is 1 octet, thus a payload length of 0 octets is invalid and such frames SHOULD be ignored. For frames with a payload length exceeding 254 octets, the payload length shall be encoded as a single octet with the value 255 followed by the payload length represented as a 64-bit unsigned integer in network byte order. The flags field consists of a single octet containing various control flags: Bit 0 (MORE): More message parts to follow. A value of 0 indicates that there are no more message parts to follow; or that the message being sent is not a multi-part message. A value of 1 indicates that the message being sent is a multi-part message and more message parts are to follow. Bits 1-7: Reserved. Bits 1-7 are reserved for future expansion and MUST be set to zero. The following ABNF grammar represents a single frame: frame = (length flags data) length = OCTET / (escape 8OCTET) flags = OCTET escape = %xFF data = *OCTET The following diagram illustrates the layout of a frame with a payload length not exceeding 254 octets: 0 1 2 3 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ | Payload length| Flags | Message body ... | +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ | Message body ... +-+-+-+-+-+-+- ... The following diagram illustrates the layout of a frame with a payload length exceeding 254 octets: 0 1 2 3 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ | 0xff | Payload length ... | +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ | Payload length ... | +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ | Payload length| Flags | Message body ... | +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ | Message body ... +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ ... EXAMPLES
Assigning a local address to a socket. /* TCP port 5555 on all available interfaces */ rc = zmq_bind(socket, "tcp://*:5555"); assert (rc == 0); /* TCP port 5555 on the local loop-back interface on all platforms */ rc = zmq_bind(socket, "tcp://127.0.0.1:5555"); assert (rc == 0); /* TCP port 5555 on the first Ethernet network interface on Linux */ rc = zmq_bind(socket, "tcp://eth0:5555"); assert (rc == 0); Connecting a socket. /* Connecting using an IP address */ rc = zmq_connect(socket, "tcp://192.168.1.1:5555"); assert (rc == 0); /* Connecting using a DNS name */ rc = zmq_connect(socket, "tcp://server1:5555"); assert (rc == 0); SEE ALSO
zmq_bind(3) zmq_connect(3) zmq_pgm(7) zmq_ipc(7) zmq_inproc(7) zmq(7) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by the 0MQ community. 0MQ 2.2.0 04/04/2012 ZMQ_TCP(7)