Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Printing 10 lines above and below the search string: help needed Post 302392304 by vimalm22 on Thursday 4th of February 2010 03:09:22 AM
Old 02-04-2010
Hi,

Thanks a lot but I m afraid that when i execute the above command it says "-A" not a valid option.

Please suggest me a different option to try with.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed in search string

Hi , I learning shell scripting.. I need to do the following in my shell script. Search a given logfile for two\more strings. If the the two strings are found. write it to a outputfile if only one of the string is found, write the found string in one output file and other in other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing the lines which proceeds the particular string

Hi, We are facing some issues while finding the particular string. Our file is: cat 1.txt Node Name(s) Preparation fragment Partition: Transformation instance: Transformation: Applied rows: Affected rows: Rejected rows: Throughput(Rows/Sec): Throughput(Bytes/Sec): Last... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing lines to a file from a particular string

Hi, A very Good Evening to All, I am writing a script for my application. I have a file with 1000 lines. Among that 1000 lines i am searching for a particular string. And from that string i need to pull all the data in to a seperate file. For example the contents of my file is as below. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: intiraju
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search string in a file and retrieve 10 lines including string line

Hi Guys, I am trying to write a perl script to search a string "Name" in the file "FILE" and also want to create a new file and push the searched string Name line along with 10 lines following the same. can anyone of you please let me know how to go about it ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukrish
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk - find string, search lines below string for other strings

What's the easiest way to search a file for a specific string and then look for other instances after that? I want to search for all Virtual Hosts and print out the Server Name and Document Root (if it has that info), while discarding the rest of the info. Basically my file looks like this: ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mbohmer
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing all lines before a specific string and a custom message 2 lines after

Hello all, I need to print all the lines before a specific string and print a custom message 2 lines after that. So far I have managed to print everything up the string, inclusively, but I can't figure out how to print the 2 lines after that and the custom message. My code thus far is:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SEinT
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing the lines using search patterns

Hi all , i need an help here.!!!! i have a file that contains /etc/passwd files from some servers. i need a script which search for presence of a user in the servers. like if i give 51144 to the script. the should be o/p Please help on this..... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudharson
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing the lines of the string with highest value

Please help . The script need to first grep for all lines with "C:" as it contains a value Here the value is 0 1,00: This , is a good script c:0 and then give output of the lines with top 3 highest value for c: 1,00: This , is a nice script c:9999 1,00: This , is a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: necro98
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in printing n number of lines if a search string matches in a file

Hi I have below script which is used to grep specific errors and if error string matches send an email alert. Script is working fine , however , i wish to print next 10 lines of the string match to get the details of error in the email alert Current code:- #!/bin/bash tail -Fn0 --retry... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neha0785
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search String and extract few lines under the searched string

Need Assistance in shell programming... I have a huge file which has multiple stations and i wanted to search particular station and extract few lines from it and the rest is not needed Bold letters are the stations . The whole file has multiple stations . Below example i wanted to search... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
4 Replies
tixMeter(n)						       Tix Built-In Commands						       tixMeter(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
tixMeter - Create and manipulate Tix Meter widgets SYNOPSIS
tixMeter pathName ?options? SUPER-CLASS None. STANDARD OPTIONS
The Meter widget supports all the standard options of a frame widget. See the options(n) manual entry for details on the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS [-fillcolor fillColor] The color of the progress bar. [-text text] The text string to place inside the progress bar. If not specified, then the text string will be the percentage value specified by the -value option. [-value value] A real value that specifies the progress. Must be between 0.0 to 1.0. DESCRIPTION
The tixMeter command creates a new window (given by the pathName argument) and makes it into a Meter widget. Additional options, described above, may be specified on the command line or in the option database to configure aspects of the Meter widget such as its cursor and relief. The Meter widget can be used to show the pregress of a background job which may take a long time to execute. WIDGET COMMANDS
The tixMeter command creates a new Tcl command whose name is the same as the path name of the Meter widget's window. This command may be used to invoke various operations on the widget. It has the following general form: pathName option ?arg arg ...? PathName is the name of the command, which is the same as the Meter widget's path name. Option and the args determine the exact behavior of the command. The following commands are possible for Meter widgets: pathName cget option Returns the current value of the configuration option given by option. Option may have any of the values accepted by the tixMeter command. pathName configure ?option? ?value option value ...? Query or modify the configuration options of the widget. If no option is specified, returns a list describing all of the available options for pathName (see Tk_ConfigureInfo for information on the format of this list). If option is specified with no value, then the command returns a list describing the one named option (this list will be identical to the corresponding sublist of the value returned if no option is specified). If one or more option-value pairs are specified, then the command modifies the given widget option(s) to have the given value(s); in this case the command returns an empty string. Option may have any of the values accepted by the tixMeter command. BINDINGS
There is no bindings for the Meter widget. KEYWORDS
Tix(n), Meter Widget Tix 4.0 tixMeter(n)